Any problems with a 4 or 6 inch lift - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Any problems with a 4 or 6 inch lift

Ih ave a 2011 F350 and was thinking about getting a 4 or 6 inch lift. My last truck a 2006 nissan titan had a 6 inch pro comp lift on it with 35's and from the day I had it installed I noted a loss in the turning radius compared to when this was stock . The off road center warned me there would be a difference .

Has anyone here installed their lift and lost some of the turning radius ? My new truck is the crew cab with the 8 ft bed so I need all the turning radius possible

Thanks
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:23 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Any problems with a 4 or 6 inch lift

I guess it depends mostly on the offset of your wheels, Other problems would be, lower fuel mileage due to the lost aerodynamics of a lifted truck, and larger tires.
Otherwise, I LOVE the looks of them, I just don't like having to climb now to get into them, being older. I used to have a 1990 K1500 long bed extra cab. It had a 6" Explorer Pro Comp on it also, along with a 3" body lift and 12.50 x 35s on it.

*48* Jim T. 2011 F-350 Lariat, CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metallic Tricoat. Black leather seats, I probably wont have*PMS,, with this one, at least no major attacks of it!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 05:12 PM
1st murdered 2011 psd

not to be a smartass.... but if you needed turning radious you shouldnt have bought a 23 foot truck... i used to have a 2001 CC LB F250 and you literally needed an entire parking lot to turn around.... the turning is wayyyy better on the newer trucks for sure, but thats a lot of truck to turn. just get the proper wheel/tire combo and your turning should be fine... get a little bit of offset on the wheels if your plannin on running a very wide tire, but keep in mind, the axles on the 2008+ trucks are wider so a zero offset (which would be tucked up in the fenderwell on a pre 08 truck) will actually stick out about an inch of so..... so dont get too much offset of you will have a ton of tire sticking out past the fenders...

2011 F250 6.7 CC SB FX4 tuxedo black, s&b intake, 5" flo pro, h&s xrt pro, tuned by SPE, diff lock override
2008 F250 6.4 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, tuned by IDP
2003 F250 6.0 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal, too many mods! tuned by IDP
Shout outs to Innovative Diesel, Snyder Performance, Street Diesel, North Texas Diesel

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 PM
PSN Veteran

No issues unless you get the wrong offset rims and super wide tires. Best handling riding kits will come 4 link arms..

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 01:43 AM
PSN Veteran

We haven't ran into any issues doing a 4-6" lift on the 2011s.

As mentioned, as long as your tires aren't rubbing on something (like radius arms) your turning radius shouldn't be effected.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode