Tearing into the 6.7! - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 AM
PSN Local

Re: Tearing into the 6.7!

what a sh*t show under there. Jeez.

2013 F-250 CC Lariat Ultimate
Morimoto 55w HID kit
22x9.5" Fuel Hostage
325/50R22 Toyo Open Country A/T2 Extreme
RBP light Bar
4 x PIAA 520ATP lights
RBP RX-3 Side steps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 01:36 AM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

Does look scary indeed, thinking though it might not be too bad compared to yanking the inner fender wells to get at the manifolds, but I personally just dread pulling inner fender wells for some reason lol.

Dumb question time:

Are those holes (with the rags in them) above the valley/heads the intake? I always heard about the reverse flow and valley mounted exhaust manifolds, but then always wondered if the intake switched and was down on the sides (ya know, reverse flow and all)

To think, we never imagined they could get things even more compact and tightly packaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TWO50Diesel View Post
I'd be "that guy" lol!!
I'm sure we can only go up from here.
sweet, so all we have to do is get Ford to produce a 2011 Harley Edition and we will start seeing some hard parts getting thrown at some 6.7's

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 03:10 AM
PSN Veteran

I believe they are the intakes,,
And damn that turbos small

08 6.4 cc/lb.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 6.0 just stock..
1960 f100, 12v project.

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 03:15 AM
PSN Local

Do you know what size turbo that is or any specs on it?
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 03:19 AM
PSN Local

That's to complicated for me! But looks like fun too

That small turbo powers that huge engine? Wow!

2003 F-350 Powerstroke 6.0L CC LB Lariat FX4
MBRP 4" Turbo Back- Straight Pipe Glowshift Gauges- EGT, Boost, and Trans Temp SCT X3 with Custom Tunes from Innovative Diesel 21/2" Pro Comp Leveling Kit Moto Metal 951 rims on 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
The 6.4 is unreliable. You want a 03-04 6.0. Best motor ford ever built.
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 04:08 AM
PSN Local

I'm also curious about the size of the turbo... Doesn't it have 1 wheel with viens of different sizes? One side for low RPM and the other side for greater sustained boost? Almost like the twin turbo on the 6.4 in a single housing, kind of the best of both worlds? If that's the case the initial opening is going to be smaller. But to tell the truth, it looks the same as the opening on the 76mm turbo on my mustang. I know the turbo on my mustang is capable of 30+ lbs of boost. I've had it push 22lbs easy, made 754 rwhp in the stang. I see what looks like about 22 lbs full throttle sustained on the 6.7 whenever I get on it at all. I wouldn't think Ford would put so much money into this turbo only to have to change it in a year just to keep up. It would be expensive to have to go back to the drawing board on this. There's more here than meets the eye for sure! But what is the size? Can't find that answer anywhere!
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 04:10 AM
Lead-Don't follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
sweet, so all we have to do is get Ford to produce a 2011 Harley Edition and we will start seeing some hard parts getting thrown at some 6.7's
You've got that right! Produced and paid for... and I'm all in
The job 2 with the monotone leather are nice enough at this point. Harley will only add some monotone exterior flash, which I definitely don't mind at all in all black.
These motors seem to be powerhouses waiting to be opened up.

-06 F250 6.0L-SOLD
“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”
---2011 F250 6.7 CCSB---
IDP Tuning+Torq2 | AFE | Recon | AMP steps | RBP wheels | Nitto
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 04:26 AM
PSN Veteran

So is this a motor that were gonna be able to work on with the cab on or is it still gonna have to come off to pull the heads?

2007 Ford F-250 Lariat Outlaw 4X4

SCT X3 Tuned By Innovative Diesel
Straight Piped
Edge Insight
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 05:14 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpoage View Post
So is this a motor that were gonna be able to work on with the cab on or is it still gonna have to come off to pull the heads?
Everything I've seen and heard is they designed this motor to be able to service it without having to pull the cab.

2011 F-450 Lariat 4x4 (Ingot Silver) w/American Force 19.5's
2000 F-350 CCLB XLT 4x4 (Oxford White)
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 AM
WWDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
I'm also curious about the size of the turbo... Doesn't it have 1 wheel with viens of different sizes? One side for low RPM and the other side for greater sustained boost? Almost like the twin turbo on the 6.4 in a single housing, kind of the best of both worlds? If that's the case the initial opening is going to be smaller. But to tell the truth, it looks the same as the opening on the 76mm turbo on my mustang. I know the turbo on my mustang is capable of 30+ lbs of boost. I've had it push 22lbs easy, made 754 rwhp in the stang. I see what looks like about 22 lbs full throttle sustained on the 6.7 whenever I get on it at all. I wouldn't think Ford would put so much money into this turbo only to have to change it in a year just to keep up. It would be expensive to have to go back to the drawing board on this. There's more here than meets the eye for sure! But what is the size? Can't find that answer anywhere!
If i remember right the turbo had 2 compressor wheels and they are both 46mm, and they are NOT compounded both compressors feed the water to air cooler, i dont know what this equates to lbs per min wise but i dont think its a ton of air, this set up is basically like running parallel turbos on a diesel, just doesnt work that well. I think that a large single vgt on these trucks will make some good power, the exhaust manifolds and ports on the cylinder head look nice and big, and i hear the heads flow a good amount of air, so these things with a little more air might get nasty... look out valvetrain parts!

couple trucks one fast one not

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode