Badge Removal - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 03:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Badge Removal

Everybody is going to think its a gasser, unless they see the exhaust tip. Exhaust and the circle badge are the only powerstroke marks this year, from the outside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thats what I figured. I'd like to put a (forgive me for saying it) banks 6x4 oval tip on it just cause i like the look of it. But I won't spend that kinda money for an exhaust just to get a tip right now, so I still have one give away

And from reading the dumbest diesel questions in the hangout forum, I doubt most people would know its a diesel even with it running.

'11 F250 Crew Cab Short Bed XLT FX4 Midnight Black
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 02:46 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels11 View Post
Thats what I figured. I'd like to put a (forgive me for saying it) banks 6x4 oval tip on it just cause i like the look of it. But I won't spend that kinda money for an exhaust just to get a tip right now, so I still have one give away

And from reading the dumbest diesel questions in the hangout forum, I doubt most people would know its a diesel even with it running.
Lots of companies make tips you can run. I know Banks stuff is marketed more then some people feel their stuff works.

Ill find some links for other oval tips or bigger round double wall quality tips

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yes, but I have only seen the oval tip made by banks. I would love it if I could get a 6x4 inch tip from someone else. I know where I could pick up a filter back banks DOS for a 6.4 for cheap, like 60% off, I know its been modified to run a straight pipe and isn't a total bolt on kit anymore. Not that big of a deal, but I now live 6 hours away from all my metal working tools.

But, if you see a link to an oval tip that would be awesome. I'd rather find a cheap kit so the dealer cant say anything about voiding the warranty because I removed the venturi tip

'11 F250 Crew Cab Short Bed XLT FX4 Midnight Black
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 03:41 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels11 View Post
yes, but I have only seen the oval tip made by banks. I would love it if I could get a 6x4 inch tip from someone else. I know where I could pick up a filter back banks DOS for a 6.4 for cheap, like 60% off, I know its been modified to run a straight pipe and isn't a total bolt on kit anymore. Not that big of a deal, but I now live 6 hours away from all my metal working tools.

But, if you see a link to an oval tip that would be awesome. I'd rather find a cheap kit so the dealer cant say anything about voiding the warranty because I removed the venturi tip
Not to highjack this thread but A lot of exhausts were originally made by these guys for numerous companies.

ANSA Automotive: Silverline Exhaust Systems

In fact RBP exhausts started out reboxing their exhausts. I know quite a few others as well.

They do not show it on their website but they have a ton of single edge, rolled edge, double wall and whatever tips. I am not 100% sure what all they have but I would try calling on Monday and I bet they have a diesel oval exhaust tip.

EDIT* here is a link to their old diesel flyer, they ahve 6" stacks and more now

http://www.ANSAautomotive.com/pdfs/DC8.5x11.pdf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode