GDiesel (ARC) - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

GDiesel (ARC)

Here is a link for one of the articles.

Advanced Refining Concepts' Proprietary GDiesel(TM) Fuel Powers Vehicles Used in Constructing Its Clean Refinery | TradingMarkets.com

There was also something on pickuptrucks.com about this stuff, I know that it is about 10 months or so old now but I thought that it would be interesting to see what may be around the corner for our trucks. Forget Bio-Diesel this stuff seems to really be offering so much more than B20 could ever offer. Methane has a higher octane rating than Propane so it can be run at better ratios, it also has higher energy ratings than diesel so it could potentially offer greater fuel economy. Methane comes from just about everything that can decompose it seems... Heck, go to Taco Bell a couple days in a row and you may find that you produce abnormal mounts of methane! I really hope this takes off, as it would be great to get 25+ mpg for less than $3 a gallon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 12:50 AM
hvac man

Re: GDiesel (ARC)

You are right there. I have been keeping my eyes on their website since the article came out. I am sure since I live in Nowhere Indiana it will be many years before it comes here.

Bruce
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: GDiesel (ARC)

I know that there are tanks and a kit that can be bought to run Methane, it uses a fogger injection method... I know that there are people that use the kit and use a 25/75 mix of Methane and Diesel. There are several CNG dealers accross the country! I know that near where I am it can be bought for $.89 a gallon!! The only thing that I worry about is with these new trucks is the O2 sensors detecting the change in O2 levels and limping the engine. I hope that there is a CNG kit that is tested for this truck as it would be a more viable solution than propane or B20.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

GDiesel the new Diesel Fuel!!

I really hope that this pans out! Why are we wasting our time with Bio-Fuel?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode