The Waiting Game - Page 4 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 04:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: The Waiting Game

I am glad to see spartan and ID are communicating with each other, that is a badass combo right there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 f250 4x4
Icon 2.5 stage 1 with adjustable track bar
Xd badlands black machined 18x9
Toyo 36x13x18 MT

2006 F250 FX4
175/30 warren inj
Madturbo stage 1
ARP headstuds

35/12.50/18 toyo M/T

428/871 PHP Dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 09:08 PM
PSN Newb

SDT,
What about tuning for the Cab and Chassis? I have one and have been told by several people that the turbo and tuning are totally different. Can you shed any light? I would sure appreciate any info. you have. Cannot wait for your release!!!!
Bud Tacker

Jet Performance Diesel/Tacker Construction
1601 Hinchliffe
Mexia, Texas 76667
903-388-1222
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 01:45 PM
PSN Veteran

So this is completely different than the MP8 or what ever just changes the rail pressure, correct?
Good on you guys for opening up and being frank!

*48* Jim T. 2011 F-350 Lariat, CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metallic Tricoat. Black leather seats, I probably wont have*PMS,, with this one, at least no major attacks of it!

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
ARMY bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTJr View Post
So this is completely different than the MP8 or what ever just changes the rail pressure, correct?
Good on you guys for opening up and being frank!
Yes, totally different.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 12:26 PM
PSN Veteran

So, not to derail, if someone want's some reliable and simple extra horses, would the MP8 be the way to go? Although we don't know how the transmission will handle extra HP and stuff on these yet, do we?

*48* Jim T. 2011 F-350 Lariat, CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metallic Tricoat. Black leather seats, I probably wont have*PMS,, with this one, at least no major attacks of it!
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 01:50 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTJr View Post
So, not to derail, if someone want's some reliable and simple extra horses, would the MP8 be the way to go? Although we don't know how the transmission will handle extra HP and stuff on these yet, do we?
Yes, the MP8 will add a few extra horsepower and it's a very simple install. I gained 33rwhp on our truck with it cranked up. We keep them in stock, it's a nice addition for a little extra pep. Every truck is a little different, as to how far you can turn it up. If you feel any hesitation or surging, just turn the knob back a little until it smooths out. On most trucks, we are able to turn it up all the way without any issues.

For those who will be flashing their trucks, we'll have specific programming available for use with the MP8. We do this for the 7.3L, 6.0L, and 6.4L as well. Basically, programs with with adjustments for "stacking" modules or fueling boxes.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 03:47 PM
2Cruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech View Post

First, I'll refer back to claims made last year, before the 6.7 production trucks were built, that tuners would be prepared and ready virtually on the same time frame as the trucks would be produced. We made these claims, and so did a small handful of others- I can remember personally saying so myself. At this point, I think it's safe to point out that myself and those others are basically getting to "eat crow" on said statements, as we all sit past 6 months of truck production and no flash tuning product on the market.

I think the first thing appropriate to the customers who have been waiting would be to explain why. Despite having what we thought at the time to be everything needed to tune the truck (and on pre-production vehicles, it was, and in previous experience on other vehicles likewise) a curve-ball was thrown in by the manufacturer of the trucks' ECU right before production. A 1024K RSA encryption was installed in the processor to verify the contents of each truck's calibration- rendering the tune file invalid if the encryption isn't recalculated after changes to the ECU's memory- meaning any change in the tuning file, at all. Anyone with experience with computers in general will know that a 1024k encryption is a major stumbling block- those levels of protection were considered military-grade only a year or two back.

Hmmm beleve i brought this exact thing up like 10 months, in this thread, and everyone said i didnt know what i was talking about.

https://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=55195

Quote:
Had a long talk about the new 6.7 with the "MAN" who is behind most of the domestic tuning in the US this weekend,

Ford has pulled out all stops to try and keep tunners out of the computers on the new 6.7. I commented yeah dodge did that two and he laughed and said i hacked dodges stuff in about 3 hrs. He said the encryption algorythim being used in the new ford 6.7 is similar to that of the high end BMW's and is very sophisticated. He has a 6.7 ecm and has looked at it some, He said in order for someone to reverse engineer the encryption and hack it his current computer (if he could keep it up and running) would take the better part of a year to hack it!!

sooo... with that being said, i think big power on the 6.7 are gonna take a little time, the piggyback modules will be the first things you see, (unless someone was able to sneak out the back door again with some software they werent suppose to have, but i think one platform was lucky, two would be amazing!!

Travis

MPH Enterprises
2L Motorsports
SWAMPS Extreme Powerstroke Performance

Powerstroke Everywhere
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 02:52 AM
PSN Veteran

Travis, some are having issues, some are not..check the other threads here.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 04:16 AM
WWDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremph View Post
Hmmm beleve i brought this exact thing up like 10 months, in this thread, and everyone said i didnt know what i was talking about.

https://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=55195
you were right about the international man... he has got nothing now that these 6.7s are going... LMFAO

couple trucks one fast one not

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode