Reviews Chevy vs Ford - Page 7 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 AM
PSN Local

Re: Reviews Chevy vs Ford

i always get the impression pickuptrucks.com is all about who is faster in the 1/4. Personally i want reliability, function, towing, hauling and mileage. Which adds up to a Ford from my experience. I am really interested in their shoot out between the 2011 f350 and 3500 Chevy coming out on Nov 15th, the trucks are evenly equipped and have 3:73 gears to minimize all the whining at the end when they have different axle ratios. This started when Chevy challenged Ford to a shoot out in the Rockies (high altitude) and ford declined, apparently GM bought a new Ford ( your tax dollars at work) to go ahead and do the test anyways with out Ford. Even if Chevy wins I will still buy a Ford as i don't like the Chevy styling, the cheapo interiors, the
IFS, or the paper thin sheet metal. I have to admit though Chevy had built their best truck to date
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 02:04 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by xidex View Post
i always get the impression pickuptrucks.com is all about who is faster in the 1/4. Personally i want reliability, function, towing, hauling and mileage. Which adds up to a Ford from my experience. I am really interested in their shoot out between the 2011 f350 and 3500 Chevy coming out on Nov 15th, the trucks are evenly equipped and have 3:73 gears to minimize all the whining at the end when they have different axle ratios. This started when Chevy challenged Ford to a shoot out in the Rockies (high altitude) and ford declined, apparently GM bought a new Ford ( your tax dollars at work) to go ahead and do the test anyways with out Ford. Even if Chevy wins I will still buy a Ford as i don't like the Chevy styling, the cheapo interiors, the
IFS, or the paper thin sheet metal. I have to admit though Chevy had built their best truck to date
That's two head to head challenges now that Ford has declined to participate in with Chevy, the first one being a tug-o-war. I'm sure that just gives all sorts of fuel for the bow tie crowd.
post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 12:08 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by xidex View Post
You are not alone. Hence why Ford sells the most heavy-duty pickups.

'97 F-350

post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Village Idiot

Anybody seen the new Max and Al commercials? Boy have I lost respect for those 2 actors! The new batch of Chevy commercials are definitely out there, but I guess my intelligence level could possibly be just slightly above that of their target audience.
post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 12:24 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTMatt View Post
Anybody seen the new Max and Al commercials? Boy have I lost respect for those 2 actors! The new batch of Chevy commercials are definitely out there, but I guess my intelligence level could possibly be just slightly above that of their target audience.
the funny thing about those GM max and al commercials is only chevy guys like em lol....duramax site there is a thread going there and they all think its Hilarius, same on the pickuptruck.com site, every one else for the most part thinks they are lame. Thought GM was trying to lure in new chevy buyers not turn them off and entertain the current diehard chev guys
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 02:08 AM
<----Nice headlights!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker4life View Post
I drove a new 6.7 and a new lml yesterday. The engine and trans in the 6.7 seemed very confused.the 6.7 also woul feel very strong the instant it down shifted but it kinda fell on it's face.the dmax didn't have that instant spoolup but then pulled harder. In 2006 ford did recieve 18,billion dollar loan. So go buy a Toyota that would probably put more money back in the economy.
Ive driven both of the new trucks. Ive spent the last two months in a 2011 2500hd dmax cc/lb and its improved but its still not on the same level.

Im happy gettin into my 'wore' out 2000 at the end of the day after riding in that. The 2011 ford I testdrove for the better part of a week was WAAAAAAAY nicer than the new Chevy. The new Denali hd is the only possible one that would tempt me but then I remember I dont want all the gadgetry. Leather is fine but the rest is [email protected] I dont use.

Im not looking to buy after all things considered but were that to change tomorrow it'd be the sd.

The duramax/ford comp you made was believable but it wasnt my experience. Ive spent more time in chevy duramaxes than most people who own them and like them. The new truck isnt a saint like the reports are claiming. The backseat is the worst part. I rode back there and it was horrible. Ive not ridden in the back of the new sd cc so I cant comment there. It seems to be winning best daily driver segments in publications that do heads up comparisons of ford/ram/gm. OR so it seems to me...

eh, whatever...IM tired of the debate already. BUt

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.
post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTMatt View Post
Yea those commercials are lame, but funny. And your not gonna convince me that you would have such a hatred for them if it was reversed and mike Rowe was doin the same thing for ford. Hush little powerstroke don't say a word...
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 03:44 AM
PSN Local

Maybe I'll get a sticker made that simply says "aw that's cute"
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 05:23 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rattlebox View Post
You are not alone. Hence why Ford sells the most heavy-duty pickups.
Count gm truck chevy and gmc,then who sells most?
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 05:38 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker4life View Post
Count gm truck chevy and gmc,then who sells most?
It does make a difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode