Reviews Chevy vs Ford - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:20 AM
PSN Local

Re: Reviews Chevy vs Ford

I agree that tires make a big difference,but a tighter ratio only magnifies the problem.my 98 cummins drove way better than the 06 did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 02:39 AM
PSN Local

From my experiences with ford and chevy trucks and some dodges. I might be a little bias but i like the ford. The chevys seemed way too soft in the front compared to the rear making it give this up and down feeling in the front. I haven't drove a 11 ford or chevy though. and the dodges all rode rough and seemed cheap. One question does the chevy have rack and pinion? I think it does but have never looked that close or been that familiar with them just drive some for work fom time to time. If it does that would obviously make steering much better as in less wonder. There is only so much you can do with a normal straight axle setup. And eventually there is always going to be some play. Fords might not have the softest ride but when im in a truck i don't want it to ride like a car like the chevy's do and i don't like the bouncy front ends. And you can't beat the durability of a straight axle. If you put 1500-2000 pounds in the bed like we do it softens the ride up too. lol.
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 05:09 AM
PSN Veteran

You got to drive one of the New 2011's Bro!

It's the softest ride i have ever had in a Truck period!!!

It's Like driving a Half ton,Very Nice WAY better than The 09 2500 GMC I had way better...

post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:34 PM
What's fight club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
Oh, what, it "wasnt good" just because Ford didnt win?

There are sore losers and sore winners...get over it, who cares what some magazine thinks. If pickuptrucks.com put ford in first place you would be parading around saying what an excellent and fair article it was. YOU are the one spending your money, YOU are the one making the decision on which brand to buy. 99.8% of the people buying these trucks (ford/gm/dodge) already have their mind made up before they are even close to entering the market to purchase a new truck...a group of another peoples' opinions/reviews shouldnt be the deciding factor.

Personally I could care less, I will still always own a GM, even if every magazine in the world says its a piece of crap. It wouldnt make me feel down on my truck or anything, or hate people who disagree. IM the one who bought it/paid for it, and im the one that has to live with it/drive it every day. Thats just me though....just my own stupid opinion.

ben
I knew we could count on you ben...

post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
I knew we could count on you ben...

Tell your buddy powerdog that he is much more of a PITA on the dmax forums than I am on the ford forums. Id love to stay and argue, but I have to go do some maintenance stuff on my truck. Id much rather just get a new truck every time I have to change the oil (or every year, whichever comes first), but hey, not everyone can do that.

Ben
post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:27 PM
What's fight club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
Tell your buddy powerdog that he is much more of a PITA on the dmax forums than I am on the ford forums. Id love to stay and argue, but I have to go do some maintenance stuff on my truck. Id much rather just get a new truck every time I have to change the oil (or every year, whichever comes first), but hey, not everyone can do that.

Ben
It is nice to be able to do that though.

Actually I really don't know him at all. Not sure why he is even on some of the sites. Oh well.

Have fun here.
post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 01:25 AM
PSN Newb

Ok, so the Diesel Power article is a SHAM!!! It was done in conjunction with pickuptrucks.com and I honestly can say that in the last five years of reading DPM, I haven't seen a more half a$$ write up. Usually there are pages per vehicle with the drivers dicussing each ride, but this was a paragraph with likes and dislikes. Perhaps this is better for the mag because there is less of a chance of bias, but personally, I want the bias. I want it from lots of different people. Enough of that though, they still said that the Ford was the best ALL AROUND truck. Each to there own, and believe me, I know where I stand.

Originally Posted by Dirk
No. There is a good chance the guy in the dodge is a dick.

I'm just sayin...
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Banned

you know whats funny is what are these trucks bought and used for. Lets see
towing thats why most people buy these trucks, how does it handle with a load in it or behind it thats what i would care about the most. Now this is why i buy a truck like this i haul wood and a fifth wheel and a snowmobile trailer and a boat behind it. Now i see more fords pulling the big setups compared to the other trucks out there. what do you guys think of the way i look at it.
post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 03:19 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideswipe7 View Post
you know whats funny is what are these trucks bought and used for. Lets see
towing thats why most people buy these trucks, how does it handle with a load in it or behind it thats what i would care about the most. Now this is why i buy a truck like this i haul wood and a fifth wheel and a snowmobile trailer and a boat behind it. Now i see more fords pulling the big setups compared to the other trucks out there. what do you guys think of the way i look at it.
Yer not seeing what I'm seeing. I just feel sorry for any body that dumps 50,000.00 into a truck with power fold and extend mirrors and a computer in the dash that runs the price of the truck way up but ya still have to get out and lock the hubs in when ya want to use the 4x4. That is just plain prehistoric right there.
post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 03:31 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99f250pows View Post
Yer not seeing what I'm seeing. I just feel sorry for any body that dumps 50,000.00 into a truck with power fold and extend mirrors and a computer in the dash that runs the price of the truck way up but ya still have to get out and lock the hubs in when ya want to use the 4x4. That is just plain prehistoric right there.
I wouldn't say it's prehistoric at all. They are Auto Lock hubs, so if the vacuum system for shifting the transfer case fails, you can still get out and manually lock them and still have functioning 4wd. At least that's my understanding of them. Just run them in the Auto position and they will work just like any other 4x4 system when you shift the transfer case.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode