Reviews Chevy vs Ford - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 07:16 AM
PSN Local

Re: Reviews Chevy vs Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker4life View Post
Did you drive the gm yourself? I think you are the one being biased. Dad is buying a new one and he drove both. He liked the ford, but it still has that sfa steering wonder. He really liked the new gm steering,ride and brakeing.
Hmmmm? The one I drove yesterday had zero wander/ play...

96 Ford F-250 4x4 PSD, SC, SB, E4OD, Dana 60 Solid front, 6" Pro-Comp lift, 35x12.50-18 BFG Mud terrains, 3-4" TBE, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Bullydog 6 pos chip. SOLD!

13 F150 ecoboost crew cab 6.5' 4x4 XLT heavy duty payload package (7 lug) SCT Livewire TS tuner.

2006 F250 4x4 CC 156" wb Lariat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Are you serious? I never mentioned anything that would be biased... I only stated that an information source that is supposed to supply information to the consumer to aid in their decision, neglected important factors. I never drove either vehicle, I had to rely on what was available... Did you read that I am currently in Afghanistan? How would I drive either if I am sitting here in Afghanistan? HAHA! I would have purchased the Chevy for the simple fact that its drivetrain has the least amount of changes and would therfore be more reliable. The Ford has a completely new drivetrain and then all of the SYNC electronics, the electronic locking diff.; all things that could possibly go wrong! But, after reading other information and relying on people at home to test drive them for me I made a choice. I've read every available piece of liturature on every truck available including the Dodge, the Ford has more available and was generally considered the most comfortable to drive.
If you dad is buying it and you've never driven either how can you comment on either truck. If you are old enough put your money where your mouth is and then we can have an intelligent conversation.
post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 03:19 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackclouddiesel View Post
Come on now..... This is my first Ford and it 100% has wander. If you hit a bump in the road, it pulls you drastically from one side to the other. It definately does not feel good/normal.

2011 6.7 F-250 King Ranch CC SB

35X12.50X20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on Stock Wheels
10k HID's all around

post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackclouddiesel View Post
Compared to what you might be used to it may seem ok but compared to the perfection of gm steering the ford and dodge setups leave a lot to be desired.
post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 11:26 PM
My other twin turbo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99f250pows View Post
Compared to what you might be used to it may seem ok but compared to the perfection of gm steering the ford and dodge setups leave a lot to be desired.
My last three trucks were GMC's and I think they steered ok, but were subject to the same wear that any steering- suspension system endures. I had to crank #### out of the torsion bars to carry 800 lb plows without doing a nose stand... All I can say is I'm sure glad to have a solid Dana axle under my front end now. And it doesn't freakin wander either. If you are worried about the reliability of electronics in modern vehicles then you have a lot of worrying to do, all makes are stuffed with them. Why did I go back to Ford after 14 years of GM's? Because the new GM's are lower to the ground than ever, squat like a dog when you throw a little weight in them and it seems to me that all they care about is how soft the ride is and how fat they can make the seats. I still give them credit for good engines and transmissions though.
post #16 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 06:53 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99f250pows View Post
I drove a 2011 CCSB 2500 Chevy with the 6.0 gasser about a month ago & from what I can remember the Ford I drove seemed to handle much better imo & also rode waaayy smoother. I have also owned a 2007 2500 ccsb LBZ duramax, an 03 ecsb 1500 chevy with a 6" RCD lift, and currently own a 99 Silverado 2500 ecsb & that Ford drives better than any of these trucks did & rides better than all except my 03 chevy which also had Bilstein 5100 shocks. Ive also had an 08 cummins qcsb, 04 1/2 cummins qcsb & 01 cummins qcsb & I will admit my 08 cummins handled better than any of the chevys ive owned as well with a much tighter steering feel. These are just my observations & im not trying to get a brand bashing argument going as I am not brand biased but just feel at this time the Ford is the superior truck.

96 Ford F-250 4x4 PSD, SC, SB, E4OD, Dana 60 Solid front, 6" Pro-Comp lift, 35x12.50-18 BFG Mud terrains, 3-4" TBE, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Bullydog 6 pos chip. SOLD!

13 F150 ecoboost crew cab 6.5' 4x4 XLT heavy duty payload package (7 lug) SCT Livewire TS tuner.

2006 F250 4x4 CC 156" wb Lariat
post #17 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:48 PM
PSN Local

My 2500HD LMM rode like a dream. This King Ranch does as well, until I hit a bump in the road. Then watch out.

2011 6.7 F-250 King Ranch CC SB

35X12.50X20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on Stock Wheels
10k HID's all around
post #18 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 04:04 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
I hope that the Diesel Power Mag review is better than Pickuptrucks.com was...
Oh, what, it "wasnt good" just because Ford didnt win?

There are sore losers and sore winners...get over it, who cares what some magazine thinks. If pickuptrucks.com put ford in first place you would be parading around saying what an excellent and fair article it was. YOU are the one spending your money, YOU are the one making the decision on which brand to buy. 99.8% of the people buying these trucks (ford/gm/dodge) already have their mind made up before they are even close to entering the market to purchase a new truck...a group of another peoples' opinions/reviews shouldnt be the deciding factor.

Personally I could care less, I will still always own a GM, even if every magazine in the world says its a piece of crap. It wouldnt make me feel down on my truck or anything, or hate people who disagree. IM the one who bought it/paid for it, and im the one that has to live with it/drive it every day. Thats just me though....just my own stupid opinion.

ben
post #19 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 04:58 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslandDiesel View Post
Come on now..... This is my first Ford and it 100% has wander. If you hit a bump in the road, it pulls you drastically from one side to the other. It definately does not feel good/normal.
Are those with the tires in your sign?

On my 06 i noticed a big difference on the same truck just going from the bfg (narrower, but taller) vs my micky thompson.(35x12.5r20 same size as yours, however mine are not even mt's and i noticed a huge difference. mt's are worse) A wider tire will not ride in the groove of the road, aswell a lot of larger tires have a lower load rating aswell as a lower inflation pressures.

In a lot of cases people cause their own problems with wondering by installing non factory spec'd tires and or wheels. (Also incorect tire pressures will do the same thing, cause wonder)

What makes it worse is a lot of dealerships will install " upgraded " tire packages, which are usually oversized tires, a leveling kit and then the vehilce does not drive aswell as it were to if it were stock. Aswell some don't even check the load rating of the tires thus reducing the load/tow rating of the vehilce is common with the so called " upgrades ".

If one wishes to destroy a perfectly good handling truck, install a lift kit and oversized tires.
post #20 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:21 AM
me2
PSN Veteran

I haven't driven the 2011 Ford, but I just test drove a 2011 Chev 2500 crew cab.

I didn't find the ride to be very great. On rough pavement the rear axle danced a lot, and this was only a 2500, not a 3500. Frame beaming ? I dunno, but I wasn't impressed. I always thought that GM trucks rode like cars ?

The interior is all plastic. The driver's seat barely goes back far enough for me and the top part of my vision is obscured by where the roof meets the windshield. I'm 6' 1".

The cab seems a lot smaller than a Superduty cab. I set the driver's seat all the way back, where I would need it if I was driving and then went in the back seat. I was totally squished and uncomfortable. I am very comfortable in the back seat of my Superduty.

The GM towing mirrors are smaller than the Superduty. Did I mention my 5er is 40 feet long and I sometimes tow double ?

The Duramax looks a lot cleaner under the hood and the acceleration was really good.

I don't care what the reviewers write. I buy the truck that I like and if I had to buy one tomorrow I am pretty sure it would be a Ford.

New truck.
08 F350 King Ranch
Long box CC 4x4
6.4 5R110
Soon to get a Cummins 6.7 transplant.

Old truck.
Red '99 2WD F250 CC SWB
3rd gen 325/610 Cummins, ZF6
Custom air ride suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode