Duramax owner ready to make the switch - Page 7 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Duramax owner ready to make the switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
That was one truck, learn to read.

If you hate SFA and Ford so much then why are you here?

Go back under your f'in rock. Somebody left the door open and you managed to sneak in. Now do us all a favor, let yourself back out.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 05:31 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockford View Post
if you plan on doing any work with the truck the go with the ford. Dont let chevys inflated hp #'s confuse you. the ford can tow more and haul more. The biggest reason i would stay away from the chevys in the cheap ass independant front suspension, they even put that on their so called heavy duty version. its the new 3500hd that they upped to 13,200gvw that they replaced the top kick with but still comes with ifs. I know this cause my work just bought 3 of them. If you dont believe me then go to a equestrian (horse) show or a rodeo and look at all the trucks in the parking lot 90% fords. Like it or not ford just builds a better truck. how else could they have survived all the bad press the 6.0l got. I just bought a 2010 and i love it. When i pull my 25 foot toy hauler 9,000lb i forget its back there sometimes.
I don't post on powerstroke nation exept for mocking posts like the above.
post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
PSN Newb

Talking Re: Duramax owner ready to make the switch

Quote:
That was one truck, learn to read.

If you hate SFA and Ford so much then why are you here?

Go back under your f'in rock. Somebody left the door open and you managed to sneak in. Now do us all a favor, let yourself back out.
and if you hate dmax and ifs so much then why do you continue posting on a duramax forum. you have more posts there by about 16,000 then you have here.

2009, GMC 2500HD CC/SB, Z71; 20'' BMF Nova 8's (black) w/ 33x12.50r20 Kumho Road Venture MT's, Cognito UCA's, tierods. DP 2.6 stg II charger w/ DE downpipe, Suncoast Stg IV, fass 150 w/ shim kit, bd manifold, 5" MBRP, erg delete, pcv reroute, S&B Intake, EFI live.

2005 Ford F-450 EC Dump Body 4x4 PSD

post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 05:38 PM
PSN Newb

Talking Re: Duramax owner ready to make the switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_pstroke View Post
this is the first time ive heard of diesel place.. maybe we should all go over there and start MUCKING up their threads with B.S.
there are already way to many ford fans trash talking there... no need for more

2009, GMC 2500HD CC/SB, Z71; 20'' BMF Nova 8's (black) w/ 33x12.50r20 Kumho Road Venture MT's, Cognito UCA's, tierods. DP 2.6 stg II charger w/ DE downpipe, Suncoast Stg IV, fass 150 w/ shim kit, bd manifold, 5" MBRP, erg delete, pcv reroute, S&B Intake, EFI live.

post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 05:48 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
1998 Chevy C1500 - 56k miles when I got rid of it. Ball joints 4 times. Front breaks redone 3 times. Tie rod ends twice. Front CV replaced drivers side 3 times. Upper control arm bushings replaced or worked on, drivers side - 4 times, passenger side 5 times. Tires replaced on front end twice. Total time in the shop - 17 days...

2000 Chevy C1500 - 48k miles when I sold it. Ball joints twice. Upper control arm bushings 3 times. Brake rotors replaced twice. In the shop 14 other times for misc front end issues. Total time in the shop - 22 days.

2002 Chevy 2500HD - 17k miles when I trashed it. In the shop 21 times with front suspension issues, horrible tire wear, brake issues, ball joints, steering issues, etc. Total time in the shop - 35 days.

This does not include the 2 Hummers (H2's) that I owned that were in the shop a total of 23 days together.

Fast forward to now.

3 Fords. Total time in shop 2 days. Oil changes, 1 radiator issue with my first F250 and AC repairs on my 2nd F250. No other issues especially with that SFA. Also I am much harder on my Ford's than I was my gm trucks because now I have heavier toys to tow around and move so that is proof to me.

So unfortunately I could not keep that gm junk any longer to see if it would have lasted, it was costing me too much money.

and i can talk about my 2005 psd with 45k and the countless problems i have with it compared to 2 other dmax's i have owned..... but its not worth it.

this is a never ending battle.

post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 PM
My other twin turbo...

It would be more interesting to discuss the strong points of each of the American trucks. Its got to be hard to produce a product of such complexity with competitors in the market, and have everyone love your design and execution.
post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 AM
PSN Veteran

Who cares what you drive!!! Bottom line is the chevy is no better than the ford at all. Drive what you will.
post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 03:09 PM
PSN Local

We have three different brands of heavy duty trucks for the same reason we have countless flavers of ice cream. Not every body likes the same thing. I'm not sure what the benefit is of getting offended cuz some other guy that I don't even know has a different preference than I do.
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 04:12 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
Who cares what you drive!!! Bottom line is the chevy is no better than the ford at all. Drive what you will.
but ford is way better than chevy
post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Dieselis' Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_pstroke View Post
just curious to the OP if youre even still here did you ever get a new truck??
I suspect if he had the money he would not still be here.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode