Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Ice Road Truckers

7K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  dieselman64 
#1 ·
Just watching a new episode and saw that they were running a new 6.7 powerstroke and almost sunk it LOL pretty neat to see them testing it in extreme conditions.

#4 ·
for sure..but Ford did say they were testing them in the oil fields and extreme conditions, so I bet that was just a "loaner" and not their personal truck or company truck. During the show there was also a Ford superduty commercial with that same truck that was on the show..

#5 ·
yeah i saw that episod to and was like holly sh*t that guy is going to do that in a 2011 king ranch model superduty he is fning crazy lol. Then i thought the same its either a company truck and not his or its a loaner and belongs to ford and in that case id put it to the test as well lol

#6 ·
Ya know working on offshore drilling rigs in various countries (some that are not so friendly)a lot of times has its challenges. Ice Road Truckers??? Those guys are friggin nutz!!!

#7 ·
sweet gonna have to find that episode (no cable tv for me :doh:)

I always loved spotting the Super Duty personal trucks the company guys would have. I think one episode they showed the truck pulling the sonar for the road depth and it was a 6.0 lifted (bout 6") on 35's or 37's with fender flares, dual exhaust and a big bumpers. Plus the black regular cab 6.4 that the company owner in season 2 had, was pretty sweet.

#22 ·
I remember that truck. It was also lifted and I think it was a 6 spd.

#9 ·
If I remember correctly, it said "State of Alaska" on the side of the truck.

#12 ·
yeah I saw it last night when I got home from work the narator said that guy was from the state dot department to check to see if that river was safe to cross and I did also see the add in the comercials just after that crazy move. That had to be a loaner. You figure the shows were taped last winter and the trucks have only been avaiable for like 2 months. Seems it would be extra advertiseing for ford too lots of truck owners watch that show i'm sure.
:ford:

#20 ·
haha id have to agree...i cross ice roads just to get to wells up here and as long as dot says its good she is normally good...the show makes these truckers look like hero's. yes i give them credit for havin some balls at times but the show def makes the "ice road" looks so dangerous lol just gotta drive smart once spring hits

#14 ·
I'm sure the relationship between Thom Beers (Narrator/Executive Producer) and Mike Rowe have something to do with they specifically mentioning the "Ford Superduty".

#17 ·
Watch that show all the time. They used that same truck in one of the new commercials in different parts. If you watch closely youl see the orange and blue striping. Thought he was fixin to loose a 70k truck. All our work trucks at my work are xlt 6.0s n 6.4s..it's amazing how some people don't care and rag them out beyond believe, even tho it's a company truck, you still treat it like it was your own. We have about 5 totaled sitting in the back as part pullers.

#24 ·
You guys keep starting at the 6.7, but I'll be staring at Lisa Kelly. :evil

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#29 ·
:whs:LOLLOL

#28 ·
That truck also had a Michigan manufactures license plate which means it was owned by Ford

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.