6.7L Tuned 350 tune! - Page 4 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:34 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 6.7L Tuned 350 tune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSND_6.4 View Post
I took my CAT..DPF...and egr OFF my truck because i DON'T agree with emissions BS....diesel trucks actually have less nox then gas engines do with out any of the emissions crap on them, i have a buddy who does emission testing, and my truck passed BETTER with all of the crap off and TUNED then it did bone stock...and really the only truck I haven't seen pass emissions is a truck that is running 900 hp and almost 2000lbs of torque on #2 only (it was a cummins). I'm not the most educated person as far as diesels go, and i'm still learning, but THAT much power equals a TON of fuel. And if you have a Modified big brother as the big charger, then you know that there is alot of fueling happening. It's not the matter if you have balls the size of an elephant or not, to get rid of your emissions stuff on your truck. If YOU are willing and know the consequences and the repercussions of your actions...if you chose not to because your don't wanna get caught or you don't wanna pay the fines for it...then that's your choice to.

Ford or anyone should not pay for your mistakes. You messed with it, you pay the consequences.
this post made me laugh

1997 ford f350 crew cab long bed powerstroke diesel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

265k miles

New DD:
2001 Jetta TDI 141k miles
Stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Junior Mint

I wasn't complaining or judging about you guys removing your EPA junk.

I was saying you guys have large cajones because:

1) Federal Laws are being enforced more. The chance of you getting in serious trouble for your EPA bypass is much more than say, on my 12 year old truck. I'm not commenting on right or wrong, I'm just saying that would concern me.
2) I can't really afford to pop a $15K motor on a truck I just spent $60K on. That's me.

I'll be enjoying the view from the sidelines for sure. :)

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Well, I know one thing. Missouri used to use a company to do the emissions testing for them. Sometimes they would set up sensors on the entrance ramps for the interstate around here. I always made a point of "Rolling onto the throttle" when I went through their sensors... the test equipment would take readings, take your picture and you could get a letter in the mail asking you to please just send in your money, your vehicle has passed the emissions tests....
My wife caught me one day and said she was getting ready to mail the check off, I asked for what? She said, your truck! I was like,, um,, my truck doesn't require any emission testing,,,,
So I call the company, they said yes it does,, I said,, no it doesn't, It's a diesel,, they said, no it isn't!

Anyway,, apparently the above poster is right,, even a tuned 7.3 rolling coal, still passes!

*48* Jim T. 2011 F-350 Lariat, CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metallic Tricoat. Black leather seats, I probably wont have*PMS,, with this one, at least no major attacks of it!

post #34 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Junior Mint

In CA on big rigs they are sniffing tailpipes on new rigs at weigh stations.

That could quickly become a rovering emissions test station.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #35 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:25 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTJr View Post
Anyway,, apparently the above poster is right,, even a tuned 7.3 rolling coal, still passes!
you guys make me laugh lol

265k miles

New DD:
Stock for now.
post #36 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 12:04 PM
PSN Veteran

Glad to give you a chuckle,, but really it's the emissions company that provided the laugh for you! Because it really passed my truck!

*48* Jim T. 2011 F-350 Lariat, CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metallic Tricoat. Black leather seats, I probably wont have*PMS,, with this one, at least no major attacks of it!
post #37 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:50 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTJr View Post
Glad to give you a chuckle,, but really it's the emissions company that provided the laugh for you! Because it really passed my truck!
then they really weren't doing their job lol diesels are pretty clean yes... when stock... and with emissions equipment on... do you think ALL that particulate matter that a modified truck puts out is emissions legal? not even close.... our 7.3s are light-years behind the new diesels with emissions, and the new diesels have finally caught up and surpassed gasoline standards (while making more power/torque/better fuel economy)...
seems like most emissions people just don't like doing their jobs

265k miles

New DD:
Stock for now.
post #38 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:50 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07strokerftw View Post
I would definitely wait for Innovative Diesel to come out with their tune, KEM may have been the first but it wasn't much of a tune
That is because the first "tune" was a stock tune with all of the emissions junk deleted and/or turned off.

Jeff Dodd

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #39 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 05:38 PM
PSN Veteran

Thanks for getting this thread back on track Jeff.

1995 Ford F-250 7.3 (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima 3.0
post #40 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:08 PM
ARMY bound

I expect Innovative will come out on top over time, as usual.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode