Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help w/ HS upgrade

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Focus1 
#1 ·
I received my new HS XRT Pro friday and tried to upgrade to the latest software. the problem is i keep getting the same error message. I already put the tune on the truck with dpf present but was recomended to do the upgrade. The dpf comes off and new exhaust goes on monday morning. I dont want any issues please help.

Attachments

#2 ·
Sorry I can't see the document from the computer I am using. Can you please write out the error you are getting?

If it is a SD card type error saying that it can't fit the files, or that the disk needs to be formatted, please reformat your SD card and do the full SD download. SD cards must be formatted to the FAT or FAT16. If it is FAT32 it will NOT work. Some computers will assume that there is a problem with the SD card and suggest that you fix it. Do NOT let your computer "fix" the SD card, as it will usually create problems rather than fix them.

If it is an error on the truck side when you are trying to tune, get me the error and we will help you out.

Thanks!

#3 ·
i formatted the sd card and loaded the full software update. I did notice that there is a folder on the update called ford64. Is correct even though its under the ford 6.7 update? Do i need to open the ford 64 folder and move it over to the card seperatly? Thanks for the info. I will not install this till i hear back.

#4 ·
Leave the Ford64 folder alone. You should see a bunch of files on the base directory of the SD and that one folder. If that is how your see it, you are good to install it on the truck.

There are enough checks in the H&S system that even with the files on the card incorrectly, you cannot harm the truck. It will cause errors on the H&S device if things are done incorrectly. So don't be afraid to try to tune the truck.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.