PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Non Powerstroke powered projects
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Arisley
All done now

Re: Non Powerstroke powered projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
Yes sir its a flat six - taking out the Plymouth 218 (23" motor) and installing a big boy Chrysler 265 (25" motor) industrial engine that I snagged out of a low hour Oliver combine. Mating it to a T5 tranny out of a Camaro with an S10 tailhousing. It will be sporting a custom made set of SS headers and tripple Stromberg 81 carbs set up with progressive linkage. I'm modifying an very tunable aftermarket HEI dizzy to work in the old beast. Add in a undetermined cam and factory "Spitfire" head and some dress up BS and she should be one nice cruiser with a nice unique factor. The body and drivetrain will all be mounted on a 1998 Dakota chassis that I need to shorten and convert the lug pattern over to something useful - independant front suspension, rack and pinion steering, four wheel disc brakes, etc...

Sounds like you might know a little about these engines as well. I bought mine when I was 15 years old and drove it back and forth to high school quite a bit. I've wanted to hot rod that thing out for 13 years and its time to get it running again and enjoy her more than sitting in the barn since 2001.
Had a few. Most of them old MOPAR stuff. Sweet running motors. You could balance a nickle on edge with the motor running. I had a 1950 Club Coupe, that you could not hear running from the driver seat. Could not feel it either.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome