The interesting Abortion thread for the religious. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Science rulz

Send a message via AIM to Coltaine
The interesting Abortion thread for the religious.

Sooo, I read about abortion somewhere on this sub-forum and I thought why are there some people who're so dead against it!? I know a few reasons, and I'm mainly going to go for the "Life starts at conception", since that was the first argument against that popped into my head, and what I based my line of enquiry on. So here goes *Puts on flame suit*

If life starts at conception, this I read in the argument is because the soul is inserted at the conception, how does identical twins work out? Do one egg + one semen get two souls? Or is the second soul injected after the two split? (I personally think that the good twin gets the soul and the evil twin doesn't have a soul )

What about Chimeras? For those unfamiliar with the concept, it's a rare "embryonic disorder". Basically you're on the way to get identical twins, but then the two zygotes sort of blend back together, do you get two souls in one?

And people with split-brain disorder how does that work out, bit of a side track, but still do you get a split soul? Suddenly two souls?

Discuss.

One of them truckless bastards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Hate 'R Us

Re: The interesting Abortion thread for the religious.

You would Coltaine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Science rulz

Yes yes, I would, probably.

post #4 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Hate 'R Us

My guess is you won't have too many people bit on this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Science rulz

Well, sometimes I fish just for the peace and quiet, y'know?

post #6 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 PM
PSN Veteran

I'll jump in on this thread.
I'm personally against abortion as a means of birth control. If you engage in promiscuous sex and get knocked up, I don't believe you have a "right" to terminate that pregnancy. If there are bona fide medical reasons that involve a physical threat to the mother or there's some sort of compromised fetus, then, there's room for debate.
I also don't believe that a woman has a "sole" right to abortion. If I'm the father, I should have say. It takes two to tango. It should,at a minimum, take 2 to abort.
I'm not a religious zealot by any stretch of the imagination, but a childs life shouldn't be demoted to the lowest denominator of "oh ####, I made a mistake". If you don't want a child, there are a plethora of means to make sure you or your wife/girlfriend don't get in that position.
Abortion should be used with a great deal of personal reflection and discretion.

'03 7.3L SWB CC 4X4 DI Competition long block, Gearhead tuned 6-pos chip, FFD 250/100 injectors, SRP1, 38R, BTS, Newton traction bars, usual supporting mods.
13.49 @ 100.9mph 1/4 mile

custom compounds, and 400/200's in the works. Maybe even some giggle gas.
post #7 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Hate 'R Us

I knew a girl in High School that had an abortion. She was 18 and had a condom break and got pregnant.

Neither her nor the man were very well off financially or on the personal homefront (family support, etc.). The way they justified it was, it would be unfair to the child, being they wouldn't be able to provide for it the way they should.

post #8 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Science rulz

Yeees, but that's rather irrelevant when you look at the questions asked, no?

I think I sorta failed on the thread title.

post #9 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'll jump in on this thread.
I'm personally against abortion as a means of birth control. If you engage in promiscuous sex and get knocked up, I don't believe you have a "right" to terminate that pregnancy. If there are bona fide medical reasons that involve a physical threat to the mother or there's some sort of compromised fetus, then, there's room for debate.
I also don't believe that a woman has a "sole" right to abortion. If I'm the father, I should have say. It takes two to tango. It should,at a minimum, take 2 to abort.
I'm not a religious zealot by any stretch of the imagination, but a childs life shouldn't be demoted to the lowest denominator of "oh ####, I made a mistake". If you don't want a child, there are a plethora of means to make sure you or your wife/girlfriend don't get in that position.
Abortion should be used with a great deal of personal reflection and discretion.
I actually agree with your statement........ "Abortion should be used with a great deal of personal reflection and discretion."

I don't agree that men should have a say as to the abortion.

What you've basically said, is that if the male doesn't want the abortion...... the woman couldn't get it.

That gives full control to the man.

Until someone figures out how men can give birth, why should we have the control over it?

PS. It's not a child........... until it can survive on its own (or with medical help of course).

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #10 of 158 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
PSN Veteran

I'll bite. I am against abortion for many reasons. I am firmly against abortion for the birth control purpose. I too don't believe that you have the right to terminate the pregnancy to rid yourself of your responsibilities. Maybe it's time for you to grow up. Instead of abortion how about adoption if you can't financially or what ever lame excuse you think you need to use. There are plenty of parents that are unable to have kids and are more than willing to adopt . I also agree that as the father I should have a say in the matter just as much as the woman. Just because she doesn't want to have a child kid. doesn't mean that I won't want to raise the kid. The only time I feel that abortion should be an option is in the case of rape. In this case the choice has been taken away from the woman.

SWAMPS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
DIESEL INNOVATIONS
PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS
EMPIRE DIESEL PERFORMANCE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode