Spending cuts not expected to dent $1.5 trillion deficit - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Spending cuts not expected to dent $1.5 trillion deficit

Spending cuts not expected to dent $1.5T deficit - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Quote:
WASHINGTON The $38 billion in spending cuts agreed to last week won't prevent this year's budget deficit from setting another record high, estimated at $1.5 trillion.

Most of the agreed-to spending cuts either affect future budgets or amount to accounting gimmicks that won't reduce actual spending.

The Treasury Department reported Tuesday that the deficit already totals $829.4 billion through the first six months of the budget year a figure that until 2009 would have been the biggest ever for an entire year. For March alone, the government ran a deficit of $188 billion.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: Spending cuts not expected to dent $1.5 trillion deficit

But but but Suns says were all good!!!

We all have to have our handouts... Give me Give Me GIVE ME!!!

Do they even make buckets big enough to bail us out now?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Junior Mint

Suck a cock CSI. I've never said such a thing or are you too retarded too comprehend any of my posts?

I was just about to comment how that piddly 38 billion is nothing in the ocean of debt we have. Something I've said before.

This debt is a crisis!

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 09:10 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Suck a cock CSI. I've never said such a thing or are you too retarded too comprehend any of my posts?

I was just about to comment how that piddly 38 billion is nothing in the ocean of debt we have. Something I've said before.

This debt is a crisis!

Your the first to jump in about how great spending trillions in stimulus was... ya, it was really great for my kids, and there kids and more then likely there kids... but by then we will be a province of China...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Junior Mint

Sir, I have pointed out previously in threads going back a year or more that EVERY MAJOR ECONOMIST OF EVERY PARTY AFFILIATION agreed that the Stimulas plan was necessary for recovery of the US economy. The fact that we have recovered from a technically the Greatest recession in 70 years that also began under 100% Republican leadership should not be lost on anyone.

The stimulus plan was an intelligent investment that has paid for itself both in interest payments and payback, saved untold American jobs, created larger taxable incomes, kept people off unemployment, etc...

As a whole our government wastes tremendous amounts of $$ on so many useless programs and wars. But the stimula plan as a whole was not a waste. It is exactly why the Federal government needs to have a certain amount of power to enact substantial policies and change.

I love how people that clearly are NOT economists claim to know exactly what our nation needs in direct opposition to what the trained economist say it needs. Maybe these same people should go explain to a farmer how to grow crops, or explain to a tractor machanic how to diagnose an engine, or teach a Five Star General how to run a war, or show an F&I person how to calculate their financial transactions? I mean really...

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Wow... just wow.

So how do we pay for it?

How about your kids?

I do believe by the time my great great great grand kids are in there golden years we might have paid down 50% of it...

Ya us.

9% unemployment is something to be excited about??? WOW.

Joe
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 PM
FNG

Quote:
Sir, I have pointed out previously in threads going back a year or more that EVERY MAJOR ECONOMIST OF EVERY PARTY AFFILIATION agreed that the Stimulas plan was necessary for recovery of the US economy. The fact that we have recovered from a technically the Greatest recession in 70 years that also began under 100% Republican leadership should not be lost on anyone.

The stimulus plan was an intelligent investment that has paid for itself both in interest payments and payback, saved untold American jobs, created larger taxable incomes, kept people off unemployment, etc...

As a whole our government wastes tremendous amounts of $$ on so many useless programs and wars. But the stimula plan as a whole was not a waste. It is exactly why the Federal government needs to have a certain amount of power to enact substantial policies and change.

I love how people that clearly are NOT economists claim to know exactly what our nation needs in direct opposition to what the trained economist say it needs. Maybe these same people should go explain to a farmer how to grow crops, or explain to a tractor machanic how to diagnose an engine, or teach a Five Star General how to run a war, or show an F&I person how to calculate their financial transactions? I mean really...
So Paul Krugman is every major economist?

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:

False

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

I was wondering who would refute that "fact".

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Lots to learn

It's already happening....but if the US Debt is allowed to continue to grow, the foreign countries that fund our excessive spending by buying futures (bonds, treasury notes, etc) won't want to buy anymore...

The US Treasury reputation/rating is already feeling pressure.

Suns......IMO...it's unlikely you'll look back on your position in 20 years, look your kids in the eye...and still support this position.

If some is good, more must be better.
---
2000 F250 EC/SB ZF6
Unlimited 400cc/200%
Irate S467 FMW
Stecher Stealth Stage 2
Southbend DD
Irate Fuel System
Swamps HVHF IDM
WOP H11s and Springs
Gearhead/Swamps/Tyrant/Beans tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode