When we love God, we will serve people - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

When we love God, we will serve people

Read: Philippians 2:4-11
Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. —Philippians 2:4
Bible in a year:
Judges 4-6; Luke 4:31-44

At the 2009 Kansas high school state track championship, an unusual thing happened. The team that won the girls 3,200-meter relay was disqualified. But what happened next was even more unusual. The team that was awarded the state championship by default turned right around and gave their medals to the team that had been disqualified.

The first school, St. Mary’s Colgan, lost first place because judges ruled that a runner had stepped out of her lane as she handed off the baton. That meant the second team, Maranatha Academy, moved up to first. After receiving their medals, the girls from Maranatha saw the downtrodden looks on the faces of the St. Mary’s girls, so they gave them their individual medals.

Why did they do this? As Maranatha’s coach Bernie Zarda put it: “Our theme for the year was to run not for our glory, but for God’s glory.” As a result of the girls’ action, their story was told throughout Kansas, and God’s name was lifted up.

When we set aside our own interests and accomplishments to recognize that it’s better to care for the interests of others (Phil. 2:4), we see God’s name glorified. Acting with grace and kindness toward others is one of the best ways to point people to God.

Love is not blind but looks
Abroad through others’ eyes,
And asks not, “Must I give?”
But, “May I sacrifice?” —Ziegler

When we love God, we will serve people.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: When we love God, we will serve people

Very nice. It's amazing the things that come back to you when you do something for others. You never know how the slightest act of kindness can affect others. It's absolutely amazing the way He works through and around us.

'03 7.3L SWB CC 4X4 DI Competition long block, Gearhead tuned 6-pos chip, FFD 250/100 injectors, SRP1, 38R, BTS, Newton traction bars, usual supporting mods.
13.49 @ 100.9mph 1/4 mile

custom compounds, and 400/200's in the works. Maybe even some giggle gas.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:56 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: When we love God, we will serve people

It's also amazing that when I was more comfortable financially I didn't think to do much for those who were in need but when I started to struggle I started wanting to do more to help others and not just think about myself. Once again David, thanks for the post. :)

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode