Premonition of whats to come to U.S? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Premonition of whats to come to U.S?

Weak Educational System Hobbles Portugal - WSJ.com

If this isn't a red flag, I don't know what is.

Suns, once again I get my info from all kinds, mostly I get it from my local radio station (WSAU News/Talk 550AM 99.9FM ), newsbusters.org, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Premonition of whats to come to U.S?

Wow, you actually think newsbusters.org is real news?

And I'm not exactly seeing your correlation between Portugal's education problems and a "red flag" for us.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Apparently you didn't read it thoroughly. Again, you show that you are trying to pass thru as a Horse when you really are a donkey.

If you want, I will highlight the exact paragraph for you to piece it together.

Newsbusters is laying it all out. If you don't see the double standards, I can say no more. This is as if I asked you that ABC news was legit? I choose multiple news sources. If you can't piece it all together, then crawl back in your hole.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

"A push to evaluate teachers triggered searing strikes and demonstrations in 2008, souring relations between powerful teachers' unions and the government. The political life of education ministers is measured in months: since the dictatorship ended in 1974, there have been 27"

And then it goes on. Need I say more?
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:04 PM
<-- it's like that

I guess someone pissed in your Wheaties this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
Apparently you didn't read it thoroughly. Again, you show that you are trying to pass thru as a Horse when you really are a donkey.

If you want, I will highlight the exact paragraph for you to piece it together.
I did read it "thoroughly". The problem is that Portugal has had massive education problem for decades. The U.S.... not so much. We aren't the best in the world in terms of education, but we are far from Portugal in our standings.

If you feel like quoting the specific paragraph, by all means do it.

Quote:
Newsbusters is laying it all out. If you don't see the double standards, I can say no more. This is as if I asked you that ABC news was legit? I choose multiple news sources. If you can't piece it all together, then crawl back in your hole.
Newsbusters.org clearly and defiantly states their bias directly on their home page. Any worthwhile and credible news source should strive to reduce or eliminate bias, not highlight and promote it. Just because you agree with the bias, doesn't make it factual news.

And when it comes to checking out multiple sources, the goal is to ELIMINATE bias from a story, and to try and gather all the FACTS before coming to a conclusion or opinion. Newsbusters.org doesn't do that. They insert bias, remove facts, and intentionally distort stories with a right-wing viewpoint and opinion already drawn up. It's the complete opposite of what it means to effectively "choose multiple news sources" in order to be informed.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:09 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
"A push to evaluate teachers triggered searing strikes and demonstrations in 2008, souring relations between powerful teachers' unions and the government. The political life of education ministers is measured in months: since the dictatorship ended in 1974, there have been 27"

And then it goes on. Need I say more?
Well, I already stated it in my other post, and was in the middle of typing it out when you posted this. But what I said still remains:

Portugal has had massive problems with their education system for decades. These very recent strikes aren't what caused the problems. The problems ALREADY existed.

You're trying to draw a conclusion that the teacher's strikes we are seeing will lead to our educational system approaching that of Portugal. Problem with that idea is that is that we haven't had all the other problems that Portugal has had. These strikes are a temporary "blip" on the radar with regards to our educational system. When the dust settles, we'll go right back to where we have always been.

You're looking desperately for some doom and gloom scenario to be played out that you can blame on unions, liberals, etc.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Another reason why my children are home schooled...

I want the best person teaching them, not the one thats managed to keep from getting canned the longest.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I am not looking for doom and gloom. I am trying to pass any info I can that may be valid and I feel this is valid. I can't help if you don't think this correlates to what we are beginning to see here, but I do. Way too many parallels. Couple of paragraphs later puts it altogether.

newsbusters if valid to me because I makes way too much sense and I mean that for anyone with a brain. When you have a prez touting throughout his campaign one thing, but then with Libya doing all he has touted against, how can than not make any sense whatsoever? Do I need to go further, because they only insert the foot into the mouths that have opened it.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:48 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
I am not looking for doom and gloom. I am trying to pass any info I can that may be valid and I feel this is valid. I can't help if you don't think this correlates to what we are beginning to see here, but I do. Way too many parallels. Couple of paragraphs later puts it altogether.
Every thread you start is doom and gloom. And often with far more mis-information than fact.

Quote:
newsbusters if valid to me because I makes way too much sense and I mean that for anyone with a brain. When you have a prez touting throughout his campaign one thing, but then with Libya doing all he has touted against, how can than not make any sense whatsoever? Do I need to go further, because they only insert the foot into the mouths that have opened it.
It makes "way too much sense" is an emotional response. You aren't looking to Newsbusters for facts, you're looking for confirmation on your feelings, your emotions, and you own personal bias by looking for a "news" source that is aligned with your views.... facts be damned.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Another reason why my children are home schooled...

I want the best person teaching them...........
Hopefully........ that's your wife.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode