GOPs only shot at winning...... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

GOPs only shot at winning......

and hes not running. Chris Christie is the best candidate for President and he has made it clear he is not running. Its too bad, we could really use a guy like this in office. He also has a bit of rock star status which is what it will take to beat the current ass-clown-in-chief.

Voters Think New Jersey's Christie Can Beat Obama

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the populist union-critic, has finally made it to the top of the heap. In a new IPOBE Zogby Interactive survey, one-in-five likely Republican voters say he would have the best chance to knock off President Obama 2012.

Pollster John Zogby tells Whispers: "He is gruff, portly, decisive, tough, and conservative. Is he the un-Obama?"

Christie, who's said he doesn't plan to run for the presidency, nearly swept the poll's key questions. When asked, "If the Republican primary for president were held today, for whom would you vote?" Christie was tops at 19 percent. On the question, "Which of the following possible Republican presidential candidates for 2012 do you believe would most likely defeat Barack Obama?" he was first also at 19 percent. And when the likely voters were asked, "Which of the following possible Republican presidential candidates for 2012 do you believe best represents your values and views?" the little-known Christie came in second to celebrity candidate Sarah Palin.

Many establishment Republicans looking for a new face to run in the GOP primaries are hopeful that Christie will consider a bid. Unlike many of those already hinting at a bid, GOP political strategists feel that Christie has a winning budget and spending cuts message and the best delivery. "He's just plain likable," said one. A GOP operative said that the poll is "a testament to what the governor is doing in New Jersey and the strength of his agenda."

The poll was also good news for Palin, who's been seen on a downward slope of popularity over the past few months. Not only did she best Christie as the candidate who likely GOP voters see representing their views, 17 percent to 14 percent, but she was second to him for who voters would pick today to run against Obama in the general election. And when Zogby removed Christie from the presidential preference poll, she topped the nine others in the field, winning 14 percent of the support.

And don't count TV star and real estate mogul Donald Trump out. He was second to Christie on the all important question of which Republican could beat Obama in November 2012.

The poll was bad news, however, for many of those already looking at a GOP bid, including Newt Gingrich, Rep. Michele Bachmann, and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour.

Below are two of Zogby's two key questions and the results:

If the Republican primary for President were held today, for whom would you vote?

Chris Christie -- 19%

Sarah Palin --13%

Donald Trump -- 9%

Mitt Romney -- 9%

Mike Huckabee -- 8%

Ron Paul -- 7%

Newt Gingrich -- 7%

Tim Pawlenty -- 5%

Mitch Daniels --4%

Michele Bachmann -- 3%

Haley Barbour -- 1%

None of these -- 9%

Not sure -- 8%

Totals may not add up to 100% due to rounding.

Which of the following possible Republican Presidential candidates for 2012 do you believe would most likely defeat Barack Obama?

Chris Christie --19%

Donald Trump -- 11%

Mitt Romney -- 10%

Sarah Palin -- 8%

Mike Huckabee -- 7%

Newt Gingrich -- 5%

Tim Pawlenty -- 5%

Ron Paul -- 3%

Mitch Daniels -- 3%

Michele Bachmann -- 2%

Haley Barbour -- 1%

None of these -- 10%

Not sure -- 16%

Totals may not add up to 100% due to rounding.

The interactive poll of 2,168 likely voters has a margin of error of +/-2.1%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Junior Mint

Re: GOPs only shot at winning......

Interesting results. Don't know if I buy that Bachmann did that poorly.

Shouldn't the Republican party do a GENERAL poll that includes a wide spectrum of voters to find out which one of their candidates has the best opportunity of winning a general against a the known Democratic candidate?

That's the way to guarantee victory. Fck they should give me the RNC Chairmanship I could do a better job!

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 12:47 AM
R.I.P. DAD

I think a turd sprinkled with corn could take obama in a persidential run off.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 AM
id: 5520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee08FX4 View Post
I think a turd sprinkled with corn could take obama in a persidential run off.
I think you will be surprized at how close it will be when the time comes.. There are lots of people that will vote for him again if the GOP doesn't have it's sh!t together..
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsah View Post
I think you will be surprized at how close it will be when the time comes.. There are lots of people that will vote for him again if the GOP doesn't have it's sh!t together..
I agree, we have almost 2 yrs left, the house is under Republican control so all the crap that was just getting pushed thru has stopped. If the economy starts turning around, it will take a good candidate to knock Obama off. He is a celebrity, not a president IMO. People still like him even if they don't like his policies.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 AM
Gandy Dancer

I think the assumption in the title of the thread........ is incorrect.

The GOP has many weapons in their arsenal and has shown to be not only resourceful, unscrupulous and quite inventive on the subject...........and it will no doubt have many more opportunities to take "shots."

Oooops........I just realized the word is "winning" ...........not "whining".

In that case.........never mind.

The GOP has no shot of winning.

They're toast in 2012.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 03:19 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
I think the assumption in the title of the thread........ is incorrect.

The GOP has many weapons in their arsenal and has shown to be not only resourceful, unscrupulous and quite inventive on the subject...........and it will no doubt have many more opportunities to take "shots."

Oooops........I just realized the word is "winning" ...........not "whining".

In that case.........never mind.

The GOP has no shot of winning.

They're toast in 2012.

So how was the golf trip anyway?

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
So how was the golf trip anyway?
I couldn't play golf here if I wanted to.

I'm on a little consulting gig, that has me in a place where there's plenty of snow on the ground and it's still cold.

Not to mention being in a different country.

Sept-Īles, Quebec (click here)

It's pretty cool looking at track from a helicopter though.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
I couldn't play golf here if I wanted to.

I'm on a little consulting gig, that has me in a place where there's plenty of snow on the ground and it's still cold.

Not to mention being in a different country.

Sept-Īles, Quebec (click here)

It's pretty cool looking at track from a helicopter though.

Figured you were on a golf trip because you weren't here for 4 or 5 days. It was kinda nice.

Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Figured you were on a golf trip because you weren't here for 4 or 5 days. It was kinda nice.

Quote:
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode