Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill!

More bizarre behavior from our "Anti American President."

Energy Policy: While leaving U.S. oil and jobs in the ground, our itinerant president tells a South American neighbor that we'll help it develop its offshore resources so we can one day import its oil. WHAT?!?

With Japan staggered by a natural disaster and a nuclear crisis, cruise missiles launched against Libya in our third Middle East conflict and a majority of U.S. senators complaining about a lack of leadership on the budget, President Obama decided it would be a good time to schmooze with Brazilians.

His "What, me worry?" presidency has given both Americans and our allies plenty to worry about. But in the process of making nice with Brazil, Obama made a mind-boggling announcement that should make even his most loyal supporter cringe:

We will help Brazil develop its offshore oil so we can one day import it........

Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill! - Investors.com

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 04:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill!

Quote:
In an op-ed in USA Today explaining his trip, Obama opined: "Brazil holds recently discovered oil reserves that could be far larger than ours. And as we seek to increase secure-energy supplies, we look forward to developing a strategic energy partnership."

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
PSN Veteran

Lets spend more money we dont have when we could save money by opening are own oil wells. And counting down days to vote

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 05:01 PM
<-- it's like that

So let me get this straight... here's an article that puts into quotations what the author "thinks" Obama meant. And we're supposed to believe it? I'm not a mind reader, and I doubt the author is either.

And exactly what is wrong with this? Brazil is a larger importer of American goods and services than China. Why not keep that trade growing?

Furthermore, oil in Brazil is cheaper to get than here in the U.S. Why not develop it?

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 PM
One of a kind

Deleted my first post

on edit just saw the article. Going to read it and see if my mind changes.

My mind changed. So why is it ok to drill there but not here

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers

Last edited by PSD-BLACK-CLOUD; 03-23-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: blaa
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 05:33 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
So let me get this straight... here's an article that puts into quotations what the author "thinks" Obama meant. And we're supposed to believe it? I'm not a mind reader, and I doubt the author is either.

And exactly what is wrong with this? Brazil is a larger importer of American goods and services than China. Why not keep that trade growing?

Furthermore, oil in Brazil is cheaper to get than here in the U.S. Why not develop it?

Curtis...

Why put there people to work, and not ours...

Why send OUR tax dollars there, yet not even allow OUR oil companys to develop the oil reserves we have here?

The oil companys that want to drill here are not asking for government money (read TAX DOLLARS) to drill, just the ok to...

But yet we are going to send tens of millions of dollars to Brazil????

Where the fuk is the prioritys there?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Lovin Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Curtis...

Why send OUR tax dollars there, yet not even allow OUR oil companys to develop the oil reserves we have here?

The oil companys that want to drill here are not asking for government money (read TAX DOLLARS) to drill, just the ok to...

Yes Sir.

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 05:48 PM
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

It's amazing isn't it Curtis...?

The answer to why there is limited drilling activity in North America is in this forum. Go read it.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Curtis...

Who says we're sending tens of millions of dollars to Brazil just to drill for oil?

Furthermore, American oil companies don't just drill in America or only on U.S. soil.

So should we force American oil companies to drill only on U.S. soil at a smaller profit margin? Or do we allow them to compete globally just like any other industry?

And another thing... is drilling really going to do anything? I mean, opening up cheap oil fields like Brazil helps oil company's bottom line, that I can see. But what will it do to global oil prices? Well nothing, since the current price of oil is based on speculation, rather than supply and demand.

So in reality, drilling domestically for more costly oil does nothing for global pricing or supply. It's nothing more than a "feel good" for Americans, yet really produces no results. Expanding foreign oil fields elsewhere, while it produces little effect, is still more effect than drilling domestically in terms of American profits, and strengthening foreign trade.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Junior Mint

Unbelievable the stupidity that resides in this forum.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode