Health Care and Community - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Health Care and Community

I know SunsPSD brought up a case about a friend of his who was accidentally put into a bind, due to an unexpected accident and not having coverage?

Well I know I stated that if he was involved in a community, any church or what have you, that they may have possibly pitched in to help in any way, shape, or manner. The reason that I mention this is because it is how I experienced it growing up and not only that, but a recent book I have read "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo, A true story. Heaven is for Real : Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. It is an inspiring book, but more relating to what I am trying to say is that in this family's case, cause of church and a close knit community, the people and family did aid in this familys time of crisis and thoroughly helped them out in a time of crisis, financially and spiritually. That is how I grew up to a tee and I wish most could have experienced what I did or at least feel a part or experience just a glimpse of this. I am not implying or saying that you all should have grown up this way or flat out experienced it, but I feel this was how as communities, should be handled. I know we live in different times and I often reminisce on the past and the way it was as compared to today. I know it was not that long ago, but boy we were just a small community where I grew up and we all helped each other then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 06:55 PM

Re: Health Care and Community

Communties today, big and small, still operate this way. It is just getting harder and harder when governments take more and more. When taxes in general cost one more than 50% of their pay it is hard to give as much as one would like.

I grew up much like you, each taking care of one another when there was a need present. We still practice this today. I know many people that still "give back" out of the goodness of their heart.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Health Care and Community

There is about three of us total at my job, where we talk about what you just said- Taxes are the nemisis from preventing this to happen more often. People in general will take care of themselves and others from the goodness of their hearts. Is is as if you read my mind on the tax thingy. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and that part where the community came together and helped his family brought tears to my eyes with joy. I was touched and just wanted to share a good story that I think was an excellent read.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode