Religions! dont get too upset. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Religions! dont get too upset.

Does anyone else share the agnostic belief I have?

I believe strongly in the Theory of knowledge, that we people only know what we are told. Thus that each individual is born into a particular religion brought down usually by their family's tradition. Which creates hundreds of different religious people with conflicting principles.

my problem with religion, in general:
-Children are no longer introduced, but force-fed and educated their religion.
-Children are forced to believe that the events depicted in the bible are true.
-Most ALL religions have some form of recruitment, to "save" or spread their religion to others, so they wont go to hell of course!
-With all this disagreement going on, over different texts of moral values that preaches each religion to spread everywhere, ISNT THAT ALOT OF UNNEEDED CONFLICT?

I for one am a huge skeptic, and I do not adhere to any single religion. I believe every religion is wrong to preach that unless you are of that single religion, then you are not saved or you are going to hell. The world will never be in peace with so many different religions literally fighting for population, territory, money, etc.

not to offend anyone, but IMO all religion is, is a fairy tale story designed to imploy morals to our youth instead of giving them a crash course in evolution explaining what the ACTUAL SCIENTISTS have theorized how we ACTUALLY came into existence.

Cant you tell I love creationism LMAO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Religions! dont get too upset.

How do you think we got here?
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:56 PM
<-- it's like that

I'm not agnostic, but at the same time I also don't believe in religion.

I have the opinion that God and religion are two separate, and often contradictory things. God is God, and religion is man-made.

Donzi, you've pointed out some of the big reasons why I don't believe in religion.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I'm not agnostic, but at the same time I also don't believe in religion.

I have the opinion that God and religion are two separate, and often contradictory things. God is God, and religion is man-made.

Donzi, you've pointed out some of the big reasons why I don't believe in religion.
I agree 100%

2006 Triple Turbo Dodge

7.3 injectors are like greeters at wal mart. They are there and they do there job, but you can't ask them to do anything quickly or they will get confused and give up.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzimama View Post
the ACTUAL SCIENTISTS have theorized how we ACTUALLY came into existence.
So ACTUAL SCIENTISTS theorizing how we ACTUALLY came into existence is not a possible fairly tale?

Theories are just that.....

I don't believe in any religion and do believe that any religion that requires your membership is completely wrong in their beliefs.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Science rulz

Send a message via AIM to Coltaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
So ACTUAL SCIENTISTS theorizing how we ACTUALLY came into existence is not a possible fairly tale?

Theories are just that.....

I don't believe in any religion and do believe that any religion that requires your membership is completely wrong in their beliefs.
Ah the "it's just a theory" argument.. A theory is something that is proven in Science lingo, the word you really want is hypothesis, and trust me other scientists would like nothing better then to shoot someone else's theory out of the water... You know why? Because if they do it means progress!

Now as for the Theory of Evolution.. It explains exactly zero about how life got here, that's right NADA about how life came about. Actually there are no well established theories that explain how life arose on earth, the most popular one is the Abiogenesis theory(I'm not sure if it's a fully fledged theory or just a hypothesis..) Evolution just explains how creatures change over time by the help of natural selection.

One of them truckless bastards.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 PM
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

It is my belief that God is created by man to give order and reason to the greatest questions of all time. Why are we here/Where did we come from?

I think that far more likely to have the universe, galaxies, or solar system, earth and eventually us were created by a random convergence or fluke of physics that spawned the "Big Bang" then to have been created in the image of a deity. To consider the vastness of our universe and the mere potential for life on another planet. To say were are alone and "special" is close minded and bordering on arrogant.

I put my faith in facts. Not the writings of a 2000yr old book based on almost purely oral story telling.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
Ah the "it's just a theory" argument.. A theory is something that is proven in Science lingo, the word you really want is hypothesis, and trust me other scientists would like nothing better then to shoot someone else's theory out of the water... You know why? Because if they do it means progress!

Now as for the Theory of Evolution.. It explains exactly zero about how life got here, that's right NADA about how life came about. Actually there are no well established theories that explain how life arose on earth, the most popular one is the Abiogenesis theory(I'm not sure if it's a fully fledged theory or just a hypothesis..) Evolution just explains how creatures change over time by the help of natural selection.
I wasn't putting up the "it's just a theory" arguement.....the op used the word theory as some sort of proof. None the less, a theory is NOT proven. It is accepted as plausable but it is unproven.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 09:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Where did the universe come from?
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 PM
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Where did God come from?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode