The poorest person is he whose only wealth is money. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

The poorest person is he whose only wealth is money.

Read: Revelation 3:14-22
[You] do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked. —Revelation 3:17
Bible in a year:
Deuteronomy 26-27; Mark 14:27-53

One of my favorite stories is about the Texas rancher who was doing agricultural consulting for a farmer in Germany. He asked the German farmer about the size of his property, to which he replied, “About a mile square.” When the German asked the Texan about the size of his ranch, the rancher explained that if he got in his pick-up truck at dawn and drove until sunset he would still be on his ranch. Not to be outdone, the farmer replied, “I used to have an old truck like that!”

All joking aside, it’s important to have the right perspective. Unfortunately, the Christians in Laodicea had the wrong perspective about wealth (Rev. 3:14-22). By all appearances, they were rich. They had plenty of earthly goods and thought they needed nothing—not even Jesus. But Jesus had a different perspective. In spite of their material prosperity, He saw that they were “wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked” (v.17). So He invited them to become truly rich by seeking what only He could provide: purity, character, righteousness, and wisdom.

Let’s not make the Laodicean mistake. Instead, let’s keep our perspective right about what it means to be rich. True wealth is not measured by what you have but by who you are in Christ.

In Christ we’re rich beyond belief
With wealth the world cannot see;
We have new strength and character,
New righteousness and purity. —Sper

The poorest person is he whose only wealth is money.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm learning

Re: The poorest person is he whose only wealth is money.

Glad to see some Christian folks on here, You are right about whats most important having Jesus in your life. I lost my wife in a wreck on 8-8-10 and dont know how I would have made it without Gods love. I have a 4 year old son, a loving family, and love God so I am rich

08 f250, 6.4, ccsb, 4wd, auto, 6" lift, 35x20s,mini maxx,flo pro delete pipe, s&b intake,kem 345, and a big
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

95 F250 7.3 ECLB 4wd auto 4" lift 35s
78 F100 351w afr heads

2011 SGMP Diesel Truck Shootout Winner. ( I can't believe it either)
"If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 07:20 PM
PSN Local

Thank you my friend that was very much needed. 78F100 very sorry for your lose I will pray for strength for you and your son

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz

Some kind of Verse should be done like this everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78f100 View Post
Glad to see some Christian folks on here, You are right about whats most important having Jesus in your life. I lost my wife in a wreck on 8-8-10 and dont know how I would have made it without Gods love. I have a 4 year old son, a loving family, and love God so I am rich
And I am sorry for your loss sir.

2002 F-250 CCSB Lariat 4x4 7.3 Mostly stock... for now

2003 Ford Ranger Fx4 Level ll Sonic Blue with 33s"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamfighter View Post
I'm getting it in the can right now!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm learning

[QUOTE=David N;1439368]Some kind of Verse should be done like this everyday.

Thats a good idea! thanks guys for the kind words,I just posted that because I want everyone to know if you look to God for your strength you can get through anything. Believe me!

08 f250, 6.4, ccsb, 4wd, auto, 6" lift, 35x20s,mini maxx,flo pro delete pipe, s&b intake,kem 345, and a big

95 F250 7.3 ECLB 4wd auto 4" lift 35s
78 F100 351w afr heads

2011 SGMP Diesel Truck Shootout Winner. ( I can't believe it either)
"If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Colorado PowerStroke Club

Send a message via MSN to shayb

Love you Davey.
Thanks for sharing.

Colorado Power Stroke Club & Colorado Diesel Truck Club Co-Founder

My pictures:

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
PSN Veteran

wow, a good thread, just got really powerful, 78f100- sorry to hear about your loss, may God keep you close and give you strength! thanks for sharing

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by David N View Post
Some kind of Verse should be done like this everyday.

I can do that, another member on Comp D post them every morning in the Diesels for Christ section. When ever I read one that hits home I like share it but I am sure the others could benefit someone else reading them.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode