Obama calls for agreement on gun reforms - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Obama calls for agreement on gun reforms

Obama calls for agreement on gun reforms - Politics - msnbc.com

Quote:
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama waded into the politically treacherous gun control debate on Sunday, calling for reform of rules to prevent attacks like the one that wounded an Arizona congresswoman two months ago.

Obama, in an opinion piece published in the Arizona Daily Star, said some 2,000 people had perished from gun violence in the short time since a gunman in Tucson killed six people and shot Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in the head.

"Every single day, America is robbed of more futures. It has awful consequences for our society. And as a society, we have a responsibility to do everything we can to put a stop to it," he wrote.

Obama said he believed the U.S. Constitution's second amendment guaranteed a citizen's right to bear arms.

Sensitive to accusations that he favors broad limitations on gun use, Obama emphasized that his administration had expanded gun owners' rights, allowing them to carry guns in national parks and wildlife refuges, for example.

Gun control is a divisive issue in U.S. politics that some voters use as a litmus test to determine their support for political candidates. Democrats are traditionally viewed as favoring stricter limitations while Republicans are viewed as supporting policies friendlier to gun owners.

Obama, a Democrat, said it was time to move beyond that divide. "I believe that if common sense prevails, we can get beyond wedge issues and stale political debates to find a sensible, intelligent way to make the United States of America a safer, stronger place," he wrote.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:00 AM
utah get me two

Re: Obama calls for agreement on gun reforms

it's weird that none of the folks, deffending our rights to bear arms
ever says things like
hands off uncle sam,how am i supposed to deffend myself against you
with a bolt action 22.fire power to fight against an opressive government,was intended in the 2nd ammendment.

stripping us down to little peeshooters,is tadamount to stripping us of guns all toghther.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamis_dave View Post
it's weird that none of the folks, deffending our rights to bear arms
ever says things like
hands off uncle sam,how am i supposed to deffend myself against you
with a bolt action 22.fire power to fight against an opressive government,was intended in the 2nd ammendment.

stripping us down to little peeshooters,is tadamount to stripping us of guns all toghther.
If I were King..........you wouldn't be allowed to even own a straw and wadded up paper.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Obama, a Democrat, said it was time to move beyond that divide. "I believe that if common sense prevails, we can get beyond wedge issues and stale political debates to find a sensible, intelligent way to make the United States of America a safer, stronger place," he wrote.
When Democrats acquire any inkling of common sense, someone please let me know.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:32 PM
PSN Local

Send a message via AIM to Pdt1081

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
When Politicians acquire any inkling of common sense, someone please let me know.
Fixed it for ya
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdt1081 View Post
Fixed it for ya
Don't burst his bubble.

It's part of the playbook that calls for turning a blind eye toward "my side" ......and only blaming others.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
utah get me two

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
If I were King..........you wouldn't be allowed to even own a straw and wadded up paper.

i already knew you support totalitarian government ideals.
and i already knew i would be the first to go,but thanks for shareing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 04:32 PM
PSN Veteran

I wouldnt say all politicians lack common sense, some just choose to not use it.

Everyone knows Democrats lack common sense, this shouldnt be news to anyone.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
I wouldnt say all politicians lack common sense, some just choose to not use it.

Everyone knows Democrats lack common sense, this shouldnt be news to anyone.
And those are worse than those that have none

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Haulin' Iron

Why can't anyone look at the overwhelming statistics that show when states enact the right to carry the crime rates drop. There is no answer to keeping guns out of the bad guys hands, the only people gun control effects are the good guys.

Just the other day a report on the news here in Michigan told of three people that ordered a pizza to be delivered to their house. When the delivery guy showed up with the pizza they "tried" to hold him up at gun point and mug him. The delivery guy pulled his concealed weapon shot one BG dead and injured the other two, escaping this predicament himself unwounded.

How is this not a success story?

'99 F-350 CC SB Lariat 4x4 Auto -DI chip-GTP38R-BPV delete-Zoodad-Suncoast tugger trans-6.0 trans cooler-Powerstop brakes-CCV-Gauges-Exhaust-AIS Intake-Kenwood sounds-
-Traveling the Earth 300 ft at a time-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode