Anybody see the endofamerica2011.com video- about the dollar - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Anybody see the endofamerica2011.com video- about the dollar

I am curious if anyone has watched this. I often listen to cnbc in the car and now I am seeing advertising for this video on tv. So, I decided to watch. It is very long and basically talks about the US dollar loosing its place as the world's reserve currency. Anybody have thoughts on this?

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 11:20 AM
<----Nice headlights!!!

Re: Anybody see the endofamerica2011.com video- about the dollar

Im not surprised. I lived in chicago until the world trade center tragedy. Then I lived in the suburbs until three years ago. Now I live outside a 300 person village. Nuff said!

Learn to live off the land. Goods will become currency when the pooh really hits the fan in another two hard, broke years.

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 12:08 PM
PSN Veteran

Like communism; The worlds countries UN and EU have been trying to become one. It will fail after awhile. Countries are better off as individuals.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Butt-Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAC View Post
Countries are better off as individuals.
I'm starting to believe that concept would also be better if thought about on a smaller scale too.......

State-sized.

Cody
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 12:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHPDiesel View Post
I'm starting to believe that concept would also be better if thought about on a smaller scale too.......

State-sized.
Imagine what that would do to the cost of out of state goods.

01 f250 scsb Work Truck
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHPDiesel View Post

State-sized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverkickn View Post
Imagine what that would do to the cost of out of state goods.
Exactly neverkickn that scenario would not go well.

However I agree. Globalism does not work.

Especially when the central bankers are calling the shots

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 12:49 PM
PSN Veteran

I'm not a deeply relegious man, but I like to listen to this man.
Dr. David Jeremiah
DavidJeremiah.org

watch this videos or listen to them

David Jeremiah - The Coming Economic Armageddon - Financial Signs of the End Times 1of6.mpg

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I need to watch the first 20 min of the video again. I understand the oil is bought with dollars and other countries need to buy dollars before they can buy some commodities. But, I am not sure I fully understand how this would become catostrophic immediately. I understand that there would be inflation and I am not denying that it could happen. Like I said, I just want to better understand it. If anyone can break it down for me, that would be great.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 03:57 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale View Post
I need to watch the first 20 min of the video again. I understand the oil is bought with dollars and other countries need to buy dollars before they can buy some commodities. But, I am not sure I fully understand how this would become catostrophic immediately. I understand that there would be inflation and I am not denying that it could happen. Like I said, I just want to better understand it. If anyone can break it down for me, that would be great.
Start by thinking of dollars as an investment commodity, just like you buy gold, silver, whatever. You're trading a currency for a commodity, in this case that commodity just happens to be a currency.

Now that we understand the dollar as a commodity, think about this... what happens to a commodity when there's a high demand for it? Answer: the value rises. When the U.S. dollar is in high demand, that means our dollar buys more goods on the world market.

When the opposite happens, meaning when demand for the dollar drops, the dollar becomes weaker and loses value. Now the weaker dollar cannot buy as much in the world market.

That's the simplest explanation I have for it.

Now, on to the thread discussion. The dollar has been the de-facto world currency for a long time. So why now is it in danger of having competing currencies? It's not some conspiracy, it's not because our nation is becoming weak... none of that. It's because of technology. People can trade instantly via electronic transfer, and it's easier to do it in any currency, rather than having to purchase U.S. dollars first and then buying your goods.

Will it affect us? That remains to be seen. Reality is, the dollar will still be used for quite a while longer as the standard pricing model, and standard currency. What will happen is the dollar will lose it's overwhelming majority usage, and instead share a large chuck with other strong world currencies, such as the euro. When that does happen, it will be at a gradual rate, not overnight... so the actual impact to the U.S. economy will probably be only minor, not some major catastrophe.

Last I checked, I believe the dollar is currently used for 89% of global purchases.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 PM
<----Nice headlights!!!

@Pocket- do you have any fear of this country falling apart and turning into a violent, plundering mess like Celente is claiming? I can kind of see a revolution happening but Im not sure we're there yet. I just like to hear what others think about our overall condition.

If unemployment doubles and the economy completely collapses I bet we will have some big problems. Security and quality of life will disintegrate, imo.

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode