How liberals think..... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

How liberals think.....

Michael Moore is at it again. This guy needs his a$$ kicked.

Quote:
"They're sitting on the money, they're using it for their own -- they're putting it someplace else with no interest in helping you with your life, with that money. We've allowed them to take that. That's not theirs, that's a national resource, that's ours. We all have this -- we all benefit from this or we all suffer as a result of not having it," Michael Moore told Laura Flanders of GRITtv.

"I think we need to go back to taxing these people at the proper rates. They need to -- we need to see these jobs as something we some, that we collectively own as Americans and you can't just steal our jobs and take them someplace else," Moore concluded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Recovering Cummins Owner

Re: How liberlas think.....

How much money is his fat a$$ sitting on that "could be creating jobs" We "allowed" him to take it after all. What a SCHMUCK.

2011 F250 Superduty CC Dark Blue Pearl Metallic

"Recovering Cummin's Owner"
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockF250 View Post
How much money is his fat a$$ sitting on that "could be creating jobs" We "allowed" him to take it after all. What a SCHMUCK.
His mom feed him lead paint chip cookies as a kid, what do you expect?

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockF250 View Post
About 51 million dollars

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM
PSN Veteran

I wonder what the All Might Gandy will say.....

2000 7.3 F-350, PHP Tunes, 5" straight pipe, intake, gauges
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieselkicksass View Post
I wonder what the All Might Gandy will say.....
I think that Micheal Moore is actually to the left of Rick. I could be wrong, we will have to see his response.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:54 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
I think that Micheal Moore is actually to the left of Rick. I could be wrong, we will have to see his response.
But money says that he will defend him in some way, just because we dislike him.

2000 7.3 F-350, PHP Tunes, 5" straight pipe, intake, gauges
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
PSN Newb

I wouldnt mind stringing him up by his thumbs (Michael Moore), that guy is just plain evil and whats wrong with america (the land of entitlements) and social justice, IMO!!!!

95 F250 4x4 Ext Cab, 6637 Mod
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Gandy Dancer

Although I can barely stand to look at Moore and he's usually a far-left wacko, once in a while he comes up with some good observations (his movie "Sicko," had a lot of eye opening revelations).

This isn't one of them however.

His own net worth is estimated between 25-50 million, so when he talks about "taxing these people at the proper rates" ....he's talking about himself too.

He is correct though, that only a small percentage of Americans hold most of the wealth.

Click Here

Quote:
First, though, some definitions. Generally speaking, wealth is the value of everything a person or family owns, minus any debts.

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%.
As noted in the first paragraph, "wealth" isn't solely "income."

So when it is discussed that the top tier has their "income" tax increased by 4%, that doesn't mean their "wealth" is materially affected.

In my link, I found this very interesting.

Quote:
One final general point before turning to the specifics. People who have looked at this document in the past often asked whether progressive taxation reduces some of the income inequality that exists before taxes are paid. The answer: not by much, if we count all of the taxes that people pay, from sales taxes to property taxes to payroll taxes (in other words, not just income taxes). And the top 1% of income earners, who average over $1 million a year, actually pay a smaller percentage of their incomes to taxes than the 9% just below them. These findings are discussed in detail near the end of this document.

Although I do not believe in "punishing" the wealthy (as Moore seems to indicate), I do believe however in a progressive tax system.

After all, what's so bad about giving a little more back to the country that allowed you the ability to become so wealthy in the first place?

And even if government spending decreased significantly, if the amount the top 1% pays in taxes were decreased (as those who believe in "tinkle on" economics want).....the vast middle would have to have theirs increased.

As far as Moores' contention that the money the top 1% has is a "national resource".....he's waaaay out in left field on that one.

It's their money...not the United States money.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieselkicksass View Post
But money says that he will defend him in some way, just because we dislike him.
Just about everyone, regardless of how naive or wacky they are...can have valid points.

I'm sure at some point......even you will come up with something valid.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode