Only here for the jobs..... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Only here for the jobs.....

Are they finally starting to realize this is a big problem? Just get rid of the jobs for them here and they will stop coming, right?

Quote:
WASHINGTON - The largest roundup of street gang members with ties to international drug trafficking groups since 2005 has yielded more than 600 arrests, Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Tuesday.

ICE agents, working with state and local authorities in 168 cities, made 678 arrests from December to February in an effort dubbed "Project Southern Tempest," ICE Director John Morton said.

The latest roundup is part of a more than 5-year-old effort aimed at U.S. street gangs with ties to Mexican drug cartels and other drug traffickers.

Morton said Tuesday that nearly half those arrested in the last three months were also connected to street gangs with known ties to violent drug cartels in Mexico. Those cartels are battling each other and the government in Mexico in a struggle that has killed more than 35,000 people since Mexican President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against the drug gangs shortly after taking office in late 2006.

Federal authorities have announced the results of more than half a dozen such operations in the last 2 1/2 years and touted them as blows to Mexican drug gangs. But an Associated Press review of those sweeps last year showed that the arrests have done little to stymie the drug trade or do more than inconvenience the major Mexican-based cartels.

ICE officials did not identify all of the gang members arrested or say which cartels they or their respective gangs were aligned with. But Morton said 13 gangs whose members were caught up in the latest operation are connected to the cartels. As a group, he said, the gangs have ties to all of Mexico's cartels.

All told, members of 133 gangs were arrested.

Morton said 447 suspects face criminal charges, while 231 people were arrested on administrative immigration charges.

The announcement of the arrests comes less than a week after agents from ICE, the Drug Enforcement Administration and other federal, state and local authorities launched a nationwide search for suspects with ties to Mexican cartels.

DEA officials said that effort, which netted more than 650 arrests, was a direct domestic response to the Feb. 15 killing of ICE Special Agent Jaime Zapata in a roadside ambush along a Mexican highway.

The arrests announced Tuesday, Morton said, were not part that response.

"We're pursuing gangs because they are involved in violent crimes affecting our communities in a big way," Morton said.

He added that U.S. authorities have made it clear they will continue to target cartel members working in the United States and street gangs aligned with those drug organizations.

Read more: U.S. gang sweep nets more than 600 arrests, ICE says
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 05:20 AM
All done now

Re: Only here for the jobs.....

Yeah, these gang bangers have made it hard for an honest, hard working wetback to make a decent living here. My yard guy actually got deported, he was gone for three months. I thought I was going to have to find another one.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 07:09 AM
utah get me two

[QUOTE=Arisley;1421112]Yeah, these gang bangers have made it hard for an honest, hard working wetback to make a decent living here. My yard guy actually got deported, he was gone for three months. I thought I was going to have to do it myself.[/]QUOTE]

there i fixed it for you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 03:02 PM
PSN Local

I have a good friend that is an illegal that is getting deported next weekend. Its really bs. He's been here for 30 years, has always paid taxes and never collected anything because he can't. Has 2 kids (15 yr old girl and a 18yr son) and the mother is a scum bag and he is the only family those kids know. He has been trying for the last 4 years to get legal and has been shot down every time.
It is really a bad deal.

03 F-250 all black CCSB 4x4 7.3, 4" straight pipe, DIY Intake, Boost, Pyro, and Trans. gauges, 07 harley headlights. 4" lift, 35" bfg's

79 F-150 351M, 4x4 headers and some other goodies, The camo truck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 03:40 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black7.3 View Post
I have a good friend that is an illegal that is getting deported next weekend. Its really bs. He's been here for 30 years, has always paid taxes ...
How can an illegal pay taxes?

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 03:59 PM
R.I.P. DAD

Bleeding hearts will arrive in 3 2 1 ..........

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehunter View Post
How can an illegal pay taxes?
Taxes have always been taken out and go to uncle sam. He just cant file or claim anything. Its just a bad deal hes a good guy. But he is an illegal ya know the ones that do the work the welfare bums are to proud to do (actual manual labor)

03 F-250 all black CCSB 4x4 7.3, 4" straight pipe, DIY Intake, Boost, Pyro, and Trans. gauges, 07 harley headlights. 4" lift, 35" bfg's

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 04:55 PM
stoneykegonsa

Let the good guy illegals go back and fix there country he all ready broke the law to get here.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneykegonsa View Post
Let the good guy illegals go back and fix there country he all ready broke the law to get here.
That's actually funny!
He knows hes in the wrong and hes just gonna go back for now....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode