Some Easy Cuts To The Budget - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Gandy Dancer

Some Easy Cuts To The Budget

Click Here

Quote:
NEW YORK – Which programs were so bad that both parties could set aside their differences and agree to slash? Eight projects, from election assistance grants to Even Start, got the ax—but many more must be cut, writes Eve Conant.

What are the worst government programs in Washington? The real stinkeroos? The absolutely indefensible stuff?

We now have an answer.

They are the programs that both President Obama and the Republicans agreed to abolish to get a two-week budget deal that delays the possibility of a government shutdown.

There are, count ’em, eight such dogs. Which raises the question: If these programs are so unnecessary, why were taxpayers being forced to spend millions on them until now?

The only problem of course, is that although getting rid of these feels good...they are like a fly on an elephants azz in the big picture.

Quote:
The easy cuts are over, and amount to small change. Now the hard part begins.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 04:03 PM

Re: Some Easy Cuts To The Budget

Until the budget is cut to $2 trillion annually (my preference) or taxes are raised the debt will continue to rise. Even at $2 T annually we would not be paying down the debt, only holding steady.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Click Here

The only problem of course, is that although getting rid of these feels good...they are like a fly on an elephants azz in the big picture.

I think this is the second, maybe third time I have been able to use this with one of your posts

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
I think this is the second, maybe third time I have been able to use this with one of your posts
I'll try to work on that.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Many people in the 2000s purchased their homes based upon future income. The government spends based upon this same "hope".

If you always spend tomorrows money today...sooner or later there will be nothing to spend tomorrow.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode