2011 Where are we? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
View Poll Results: Where are we headed?
Straight into the gutter, buy guns and gold 23 79.31%
No where, not up or down stagnant city 0 0%
Obama has saved us, by fall it will be like nothing happend 0 0%
Double Dip City, but we will pull out quicker this time around 3 10.34%
We have seen the bottom and it will be slow and steady growth for the next few years 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Yeah, it's like that

2011 Where are we?

I was going to post these in the General Discussion Section, but I figure it would get moved here after it went all political anyway. Just curious of where people think we are headed? I will attach a poll, I plan on making it a public poll, if you don't want people to know how you truly feel, don't vote.

Here is my personal dilemma, not that I will let the poll make my final decision, just wondering what the rest of the members feel the economy is like? So, I'm thinking about putting up a spec home, I own the more than a few lots, and can fund the build without the banks money. I'm not confident that the housing market will get much better than what it has been the last two years. I know because I sat on my last one for almost two years. I have no inventory other than lots and bare ground isn't making me any money. Basically I have lots that are paid for, but they aren't increasing in value so basically my money isn't gaining anything.

So where do you think our country is headed? Why? I see fuel prices rising, I see mortgage rates creeping up slowly currently, but I see them jumping in the near future (causing the housing market to drop from it's stagnant state), food prices are rising, peoples income isn't going up for the majority. We have states trying to end collective bargaining. We have states fighting UHC. The majority of states are bankrupt or in finical trouble. Our gov't is Trillions of dollars in debt and they are talking about raising the debt ceiling from 14.2 trillion. We will hit that mark between April and May of this year. There are pluses and minuses of this action. (but, this is a whole different thread) Social Security is about bust and someone had the great idea of lowering peoples contributions by 2% (I'm not sure how getting 2% less on less income will solve the problem, but that should be a different thread also) The middle east is on fire, and is currently burning to the ground. Stock market is up above 12k (I have no idea or reasonable explanation for this)

I don't see the rainbows and how we are out of this, if anything, I see us taking another dive. Part of me is wanting to build a bunker on my property, stock pile weapons and food, and setting on my money. Part of me is saying I'm over thinking where we are and should build the spec because a lot of builders have pulled back, the market is starting to dry up and I have a better chance of selling because there is a lot smaller amount of homes for sale in the $200k range than a year ago.

Discuss.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
FNG

Re: 2011 Where are we?

I wouldnt be building a spec home right now. If fuel prices continue to go up forget about any recovery

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
id: 5520

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
I was going to post these in the General Discussion Section, but I figure it would get moved here after it went all political anyway. Just curious of where people think we are headed? I will attach a poll, I plan on making it a public poll, if you don't want people to know how you truly feel, don't vote.

Here is my personal dilemma, not that I will let the poll make my final decision, just wondering what the rest of the members feel the economy is like? So, I'm thinking about putting up a spec home, I own the more than a few lots, and can fund the build without the banks money. I'm not confident that the housing market will get much better than what it has been the last two years. I know because I sat on my last one for almost two years. I have no inventory other than lots and bare ground isn't making me any money. Basically I have lots that are paid for, but they aren't increasing in value so basically my money isn't gaining anything.

So where do you think our country is headed? Why? I see fuel prices rising, I see mortgage rates creeping up slowly currently, but I see them jumping in the near future (causing the housing market to drop from it's stagnant state), food prices are rising, peoples income isn't going up for the majority. We have states trying to end collective bargaining. We have states fighting UHC. The majority of states are bankrupt or in finical trouble. Our gov't is Trillions of dollars in debt and they are talking about raising the debt ceiling from 14.2 trillion. We will hit that mark between April and May of this year. There are pluses and minuses of this action. (but, this is a whole different thread) Social Security is about bust and someone had the great idea of lowering peoples contributions by 2% (I'm not sure how getting 2% less on less income will solve the problem, but that should be a different thread also) The middle east is on fire, and is currently burning to the ground. Stock market is up above 12k (I have no idea or reasonable explanation for this)

I don't see the rainbows and how we are out of this, if anything, I see us taking another dive. Part of me is wanting to build a bunker on my property, stock pile weapons and food, and setting on my money. Part of me is saying I'm over thinking where we are and should build the spec because a lot of builders have pulled back, the market is starting to dry up and I have a better chance of selling because there is a lot smaller amount of homes for sale in the $200k range than a year ago.

Discuss.
In a ditch... And you have explained why I think this..

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Bigfoot is an OBS

I think we'll be alright in the long run if the gov't will keep it's big fat f'ing fingers out of things.
But, given the current administration & puppy dog legislature, we're pretty much screwed.

Go ARMY!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Don't judge me...

You forgot canned goods and ramen noodles

'02 cclb duallie, much work to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpavement View Post
Suspect all you want hommie but I swear to Jesus himself, if I walk in on you in that pose and you got a chick ass and a chick body.... I'm shuttin off the lights and takin you straight to pound town!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Gandy Dancer

If you had provided a....."slow steady climb up on most indexes, with a few slips here and there"...I would have voted.

As it is, none fit what I think will happen.

I wish we had a poll two years ago about the stock market, I'll bet very few would have guessed it would be up almost 85%.

As far as home sales, around here I think we've pretty much hit the bottom...but don't see big gains until late in the year and in 2012.

It all depends on what the current/projected inventory is in your area.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

I think you're on the right thought pattern, it's pretty much how I view this mess as well.
I think I'd hold on to what you have for the near future. It's being said from some that the housing bust hasn't hit bottom yet.
I'm very leery of any good news out of D.C. regarding the average guys plight. When the bad actors got their bailouts and bonuses, it did nothing but leave the working people holding the bag.
I still have a house in downstate Michigan that is up for sale. In 2003, the State Equalized value was $130k, it's now not worth that much on the real estate market. SEV here is pretty close to half of what a property is worth on the market. Now, 8 years later, that very same house has a SEV of$60k. If ya think I'm bitter, you're damn right. Many are smarter or learned than I about the crap that has happened, but I feel I lost megabucks, at least to me. I'm not looking for anything, but just feel I'm in some pretty good company with how many millions of others, that basically overnight found themselves in the same situation.
Thank you wall street, ruling class, Goldman/Sachs and others. You SOB deserve to roast, and you still got your bonuses. What a bunch of lowlife POS.
Oh. and for the record, that includes you Mr. Bureaucrat, in fact, all of you.

That isn't directed toward you ducati, just to the ones that are responsible.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:20 AM
PSN Newb

Even if you build a house in the appropriate price point range where the market is lacking, the banks still really arent lending. So if you build it you may be sitting on it and out the cost of building.

95 F250 4x4 Ext Cab, 6637 Mod
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Yeah, it's like that

New jobless claims drop to 368,000 almost the lowest in 3 years, but is it because people have used up their 2 yr of Unemployment benifits?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ss-claims.html

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM
FNG

Yes Brad it is because people have ran out of benefits

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode