Wisconsin Governor Punked - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Gandy Dancer

Wisconsin Governor Punked

Click Here

Quote:
MADISON, Wis. On a prank call that quickly spread across the Internet, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker was duped into discussing his strategy to cripple public employee unions, promising never to give in and joking that he would use a baseball bat in his office to go after political opponents.

Walker believed the caller was a conservative billionaire named David Koch, but it was actually the editor of a liberal online newspaper. The two talked for at least 20 minutes a conversation in which the governor described several potential ways to pressure Democrats to return to the Statehouse and revealed that his supporters had considered secretly planting people in pro-union protest crowds to stir up trouble.

The call, which surfaced Wednesday, also showed Walker's cozy relationship with two billionaire brothers who have poured millions of dollars into conservative political causes, including Walker's campaign last year.

Walker compared his stand to that taken by President Ronald Reagan when he fired the nation's air-traffic controllers during a labor dispute in 1981.

"That was the first crack in the Berlin Wall and led to the fall of the Soviets," Walker said on the recording.

The audio was posted by the Buffalo Beast, a left-leaning website based in Buffalo, N.Y., and quickly went viral.

Ian Murphy told The Associated Press he carried out the prank to show how candidly Walker would speak with Koch even though, according to Democrats, he refuses to return their calls.

At the end of the call, the prankster says: "I'll tell you what, Scott, once you crush these bastards, I'll fly you out to Cali and really show you a good time."

"All right, that would be outstanding," Walker replies
, adding that the standoff is "all about getting our freedoms back."

The caller responds: "Absolutely. And you know, we have a little bit of vested interest as well" and laughs.
Does anyone still believe that it's about the budget?

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 AM
Banned - I Hear Crickets

Re: Wisconsin Governor Punked

Crush them scumbag unions! Why in the F would you believe that teachers should be required to pay dues to a union and their sleazy agendas? Unions are a racket and should be crushed. Fire them all! There are plenty of teachers elsewhere that would love to come up there are work 9 months a year for $100k in total bennies! This unholy alliance between unions and liberal politicians must be crushed!

I'm sorta a big deal around here
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Click Here

Does anyone still believe that it's about the budget?

I listened to the whole phone conversation. Not sure what the problem is. He is stating after the dust settles, that he will be flown to California for a good time. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Didn't hear much from you about Blago?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:32 AM

Here is the audio and a semblance of a transcription

Koch Whore | The Beast

Listen to the audio.....I think it is a whole lot to do about nothing.....I do believe it was stupid of him to discuss his strategy but it doesn't sound as if he just wants to bust up unions for some alterior motive.

Walker explaining to Koch @ 8:15 of the first audio: "this is about the budget, this is about public sector unions, hell even FDR got it.....you are essentially having tax payer money be used to pay for lobbying to spend more tax payer money. It's absolutely rediculous"

2nd audio - 2:04 - "Koch" asks "what else can we do for you down there"?

Walker urges to call law makers and to get the word out that this was a "good thing to do for the economy and state".

2nd audio - 4:26 - "Koch" talks about planting trouble makers.

Walker - "We thought about it too" and then goes on to tell "Koch" to let them protest and it is good if nothing happens. Sounded much more like he was trying to difuse any type of these actions.

Listening to the audio it sounds as if Walker believes what he is doing is right for the budget

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Here is the audio and a semblance of a transcription

Koch Whore | The Beast

Listen to the audio.....I think it is a whole lot to do about nothing.....I do believe it was stupid of him to discuss his strategy but it doesn't sound as if he just wants to bust up unions for some alterior motive.

Walker explaining to Koch @ 8:15 of the first audio: "this is about the budget, this is about public sector unions, hell even FDR got it.....you are essentially having tax payer money be used to pay for lobbying to spend more tax payer money. It's absolutely rediculous"

2nd audio - 2:04 - "Koch" asks "what else can we do for you down there"?

Walker urges to call law makers and to get the word out that this was a "good thing to do for the economy and state".

2nd audio - 4:26 - "Koch" talks about planting trouble makers.

Walker - "We thought about it too" and then goes on to tell "Koch" to let them protest and it is good if nothing happens. Sounded much more like he was trying to difuse any type of these actions.

Listening to the audio it sounds as if Walker believes what he is doing is right for the budget
Thanks for posting that up. Big thumbs up!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Didn't hear much from you about Blago?
I guess you didn't bother to look then.

Blago (click here)

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Banned

poor example. You did a fair comparison right? Why not post up Blago's phone conversation and explicitly point out his remarks? A huge difference
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
poor example. You did a fair comparison right? Why not post up Blago's phone conversation and explicitly point out his remarks? A huge difference
What are you talking about now?

A "fair comparison" on what?

I'm not even sure any phone conversations were released before Blago's trial.

Besides, what Blagojevich was accused of/convicted on...was illegal.

I'm glad the scumbag was convicted.

I have yet to say Walker did anything illegal.

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Yeah, it's like that

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VdS61w8HXG4

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 05:06 AM
Lots to learn

Gandy-You don't by chance..... receive what I'm sure is a well deserved pension that was negotiated by a union do you?

If some is good, more must be better.
---
2000 F250 EC/SB ZF6
Unlimited 400cc/200%
Irate S467 FMW
Stecher Stealth Stage 2
Southbend DD
Irate Fuel System
Swamps HVHF IDM
WOP H11s and Springs
Gearhead/Swamps/Tyrant/Beans tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode