GM says thanks for the bailout SUCKERS - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
FNG

GM says thanks for the bailout SUCKERS

http://redwhitebluenews.com/?p=14524

Yup thats right GM is investing 540 million US taxpayer dollars into an expansion in fukking Mexico

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 05:36 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: GM says thanks for the bailout SUCKERS

Not really any worse than Ford opening up a plant in Mexico. Opening a plant outside of the U.S. is wrong for any American company to do in my opinion, no matter how it's beeing done or who is paying for it.

Jeff Dodd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 05:46 AM
PSN Veteran

Yes, it is bad for American workers. I wonder how much the unions have to do with it? I know my grandpa worked for GM as an electrician and is now retired and gets a nice pension. Do they have to pay the Mexicans a nice salary and pension? That is probably a big way they look at it. Mexican workers take less money to keep happy. It sucks all the way around for the American worker because he/she simply cannot except the low wages the Mexican is happy to work for.

I also remember a teacher I had in high school telling me that his aunt worked for a Ford plant in Kansas City. She never graduated high school and made $90k a year just driving the vehicles off the assembly line. My grandpa told me that he had a buddy that his only job was to open the doors on the GM plant twice a day to let the trains in. All his job consisted of was sitting in a room and pushing a button twice a day. He bragged about how much money he made (around $60k according to him) for such an easy job. Now, I am not bashing these people for landing jobs like this. If they found a job that pays that kind of money for the work that they have to do, more power to them. But that seems a little odd to me. I can not see how what they do is worth that kind of money. You would think that you could train a monkey to open the doors on the plant. Now, maybe he had to have special training, I don't know. But maybe the company gets a little tired of paying those wages (that the unions fight for) that are way out of balance with output.

IMO, its a combination of corporate fat cat greed and unions that drive jobs outside of the US.

I hate how you can not buy a car that is American anymore. Hell, Chrysler isn't even American anymore is it? So you got GM and Ford, and most of the parts are made in foreign countries. It MAY be assembled in the US, but you can bet the parts were made all over the world.

2000 7.3 F-350, PHP Tunes, 5" straight pipe, intake, gauges

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Not really any worse than Ford opening up a plant in Mexico. Opening a plant outside of the U.S. is wrong for any American company to do in my opinion, no matter how it's beeing done or who is paying for it.
Actually Jeff its far worse. If it wasnt for the American taxpayer GM wouldnt be open for business at this point at all.

There shouldve been some stipulations regarding plant expansion and the like remaining in America as long as they still owe the US taxpayer money

Dave G

Bulletproof diesel FICM

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 AM

We can always vote with our money and buy from manufacturers that are opening plants here....Kia, Hyundai, BMW, VW, Toyota.

How is it these companies can open plants here but our guys are leaving?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
We can always vote with our money and buy from manufacturers that are opening plants here....Kia, Hyundai, BMW, VW, Toyota.

How is it these companies can open plants here but our guys are leaving?
Kia hyundai BMW VW and Toyota dont use union labor thats how.

The UAW has been trying to force Toyota to unionize for years. The toyota employees dont want anything to do with it. They have seen what unionization did to the big 3

Dave G

Bulletproof diesel FICM

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 12:53 PM
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!

Labor prices in Mex. might be it but I m really not sure. Anyone hired into GM here in lansing in the last 4-5 years is a tier two employee, has very little benefits no optical no dental, make 13.00 an hour, no bonus's, & most have been layed off 2-3 in the last couple years. Even at the lower pay scale there are still 10,000 people knocking the doors down trying to get hired in. So what are they paying the mex. 10.00 & no ret. or ins.???

I agree the UAW was good in its day but it is destroying the US auto industry. In turn is killing the US economy.

NOS is like a hot chick with STD's you know you wana hit it your just afraid of the consequences!!!

24" airbag lift, W/ digital air ride
20 x 14 Fuel Hostage, 46 x 19 x 20 Claws
4:88 gears
DPS chip, AEM CAI, 38r turbo
7" miter cut stack,

99 F 250 CC SB (orange) 4x4 PSD
99 F350 ECLB 4x4
00 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD
2008 F350 CCLB 4x4 6.4 PSD
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOKILLER View Post
Labor prices in Mex. might be it but I m really not sure. Anyone hired into GM here in lansing in the last 4-5 years is a tier two employee, has very little benefits no optical no dental, make 13.00 an hour, no bonus's, & most have been layed off 2-3 in the last couple years. Even at the lower pay scale there are still 10,000 people knocking the doors down trying to get hired in. So what are they paying the mex. 10.00 & no ret. or ins.???I agree the UAW was good in its day but it is destroying the US auto industry. In turn is killing the US economy.
Hell, I bet they arent paying them that much.

01 f250 scsb Work Truck
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 01:13 PM
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!

probably right, just wit till the mex. figure out how to abuse the UAW like some of the americans have, that well be good to see haha

NOS is like a hot chick with STD's you know you wana hit it your just afraid of the consequences!!!

24" airbag lift, W/ digital air ride
20 x 14 Fuel Hostage, 46 x 19 x 20 Claws
4:88 gears
DPS chip, AEM CAI, 38r turbo
7" miter cut stack,

99 F 250 CC SB (orange) 4x4 PSD
99 F350 ECLB 4x4
00 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD
2008 F350 CCLB 4x4 6.4 PSD
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Unions aside, my views likely contradict a lot of non-union guys here, so I'm not going there. There's enough union bashing going on elsewhere.
But GM accepted how much from the goobermint to stay afloat? Then they pull this shiite? It would seem this would outrage any thinking person, like mallwart, GM is just showing what it's all about. Bean counters and money. To hell with the US, or that could be North America. Yeah, I know, according to high school geography, Mexico is North American as well, but only in it's position on the globe.
I've never bought a POS Garbage Motors anything knowingly, and knowingly never will.
Does anyone think this will have any bearing at all with how many products they sell here? Hell no, it won't. The sheeple will continue to buy their garbage.
Hey Washington/GM/Chrysler/Goldman Sachs/and who ever else, where's my bailout you lowlife POS?

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode