Oil Crisis Part Deux. Hold onto your lugnuts, it's time for an overhaul! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Oil Crisis Part Deux. Hold onto your lugnuts, it's time for an overhaul!

I looked and listened to this web site and found it very interesting.

OIL---you better be sitting down when you read this !!

Here's an astonishing read. Important and verifiable information :

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together." Please read below.
The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana ..... check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5...3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reportsThe Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana , through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves..... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!

U.S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World

Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.. Here are the official estimates:- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia

- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
- 22-times as much oil as Iran
- 500-times as much oil as Yemen

!!! AND IT'S ALL RIGHT HERE IN THE WESTERN U.S.!!!

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.
Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:

Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices - by doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.

Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you sent this to every one in your address book.

By the way...this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!
GOOGLE it, or follow this link. It will blow your mind.
USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montanas Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

I thought I would share this in case any of you didn't catch this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 PM
PSN Local

Re: Oil Crisis Part Deux. Hold onto your lugnuts, it's time for an overhaul!

EPA.....good luck with them.

2008 F-350 KR CCLB DRW 4x4
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 QCLB 4x4 CTD, 8000#'s and needs a diet, Twins, [email protected]
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
<-- it's like that

U.S. Offshore Oil Reserves | FactCheck.org

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 06:36 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Looks like "fact" check is a tad outdated

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I looked and listened to this web site and found it very interesting.
What website?

What's really interesting, is that you don't mention that the rest of your post is verbatim from a false chain e-mail letter...that's been circulating for a couple of years now.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Looks like "fact" check is a tad outdated.
So is the e-mail.

Click Here

Quote:
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 2:21 PM
Subject: Oil Discover...You Better Sit Down!!!

Hi friends:

Here's an interesting read: and some important and verifiable information :

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes brothers was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did miss a beat, he said, "More than all the Middle East put together."

Please read below:

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big! It was a revised report (which had not been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana .....

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
What website?

What's really interesting, is that you don't mention that the rest of your post is verbatim from a false chain e-mail letter...that's been circulating for a couple of years now.
USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montanas Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM) this one
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 07:01 PM
FNG

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I know I could get some fact checking from the two most revered internet nazi's that I know. Hey, that is why I put this up here. At least there is some truth to it.
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
PSN Veteran

Damn EPA

2000 7.3 F-350, PHP Tunes, 5" straight pipe, intake, gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode