Confuse and Distract:Taxes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Confuse and Distract:Taxes

Group Disputes Obamat Raise Taxes - FoxNews.com

This is a prime example of how anyone in office will use to distract and confuse however possible. No, no, no we didn't raise your taxes, we just added this fee, and that fee and instead of you getting it tax free, you will now pay taxes on it, but we didn't raise your taxes. I will post a follow up that I posted in the Agriculture section about water use and how every well head in the State of Wisconsin is now going to be assessed a fee of $125/well head. But this is raising taxes. Hell, 99.9% of the public in my great state of WI didn't even know about this fee. Farmers are now just getting the letter in the mail this week. I know, I talked to more than half a dozen this week that have recieved it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Confuse and Distract:Taxes

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lc/chrule...1006135029.pdf

This is amazing. And if any of you don't think this won't have an impact on any of you, you are sadly mistaken. The little Plover River, I mean right where I live is the Poster child for Water abuse. If any of you knew what this river looked like (cough cough, I can pee more than this river puts out in a day) you would cry foul. We all are here, but the libs here are having a hayday with it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Gandy Dancer

Taxes at 60 Year Low (click here)
Quote:
Actually, as a share of the nation’s economy, Uncle Sam’s take this year will be the lowest since 1950, when the Korean War was just getting under way.

And for the third straight year, American families and businesses will pay less in federal taxes than they did under former President George W. Bush, thanks to a weak economy and a growing number of tax breaks for the wealthy and poor alike.

Income tax payments this year will be nearly 13 percent lower than they were in 2008, the last full year of the Bush presidency. Corporate taxes will be lower by a third, according to projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

The poor economy is largely to blame, with corporate profits down and unemployment up. But so is a tax code that grows each year with new deductions, credits and exemptions. The result is that families making as much as $50,000 can avoid paying federal income taxes, if they have at least two dependent children. Low-income families can actually make a profit from the income tax, and the wealthy can significantly cut their payments.

“The current state of the tax code is simply indefensible,” says Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D., chairman of the Senate Budget Committee. “It is hemorrhaging revenue.”

Myth of Obama's Spending (click here)
Quote:
What we—along with the economic analyst Loren Adler at the Bipartisan Policy Center, a think tank founded in 2007 by Republicans Howard Baker and Bob Dole and Democrats Tom Daschle and George Mitchell—found may surprise people who see Obama as the Big Spender in Chief. Over the last two years, the president has decided to “spend” $21 billion more on tax cuts—the GOP’s preferred policy response to, well, everything—than on government programs.
The math isn’t particularly complicated. So far, the Obama administration has pushed for six major, immediate spending increases that aren’t offset elsewhere in the budget: the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (aka “the stimulus package”), which had a 2009-10 price tag of $340 billion, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office; the GM/Chrysler bailout and other portions of the Troubled Asset Relief Program, which have largely been paid back ($25 billion); unemployment-insurance extensions ($67 billion); COBRA extensions ($9 billion); Cash for Clunkers ($3 billion); and loans to automakers for energy-efficiency improvements ($8 billion). That’s $452 billion. Factor in $296 billion in stimulus funds that have yet to be spent and $136 billion in refundable tax credits that passed in December as part of Congress’ bipartisan tax compromise, and you wind up with $884 billion on the spending side of the equation.

That’s a hefty sum of money. But here’s the interesting thing: Obama’s tax cuts have been even bigger. The first of them, $238 billion in cuts for taxpayers and businesses, came as part of the stimulus package. The second portion, $721 billion worth, arrived in December, again as part of Congress’ bipartisan tax compromise. Subtract $54 billion in forthcoming stimulus-related tax hikes, and you’ve got a grand total of $905 billion in tax cuts. In other words, Obama has slashed one tax dollar for every dollar he’s spent on government programs.

(One yet-to-be-implemented program worth considering: Obama’s new health-reform law. In March 2010, the CBO estimated that “Obamacare” would produce a 10-year spending increase of approximately $250 billion and a tax increase of slightly more than $400 billion, totals that will tilt the equilibrium between Obama’s spending and tax cutting toward the former in future years. The CBO also estimated that the new law will reduce the deficit by $118 billion over the same period.)
Sorry to be such a buzzkill.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned

You haven't proved anything to be a buzzkill. I like the comment, "only a liberal would be stupid enough to believe this- in regards to your link Gandyman.

As in my initial post, I am not pointing fingers at liberals alone, but all of them. Doesn't matter what side of the aisle your on, they will use whatever means to prove their theory, math, facts, etc. Taxes are going up. The initial taxes we are accustomed to may not rise, but they are finding more ways to tax, thus increasing our taxes we pay. Can you agree, and I just proved that one little unknown fact many Wisconsinites did not know. If I continue to dig I can surely give you many more. Are you that naive? Really? What have stamps done? Is that not a tax? Hmmm. How do you think we are going to pay for those additional IRS workers? OOOHhh those aren't taxes, those are fees!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Taxes at 60 Year Low (click here)

Myth of Obama's Spending (click here)

Sorry to be such a buzzkill.
Who wrote the article "taxes at 60 year low?

What was the taxable income for all Americans in 2008 and then the amount for taxable income for all Americans in 2010

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 03:08 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Who wrote the article "taxes at 60 year low?

What was the taxable income for all Americans in 2008 and then the amount for taxable income for all Americans in 2010
Did you actually read it?

Or do you just prefer to ignore this?

Quote:
At the request of The Associated Press, The Tax Institute at H&R Block compared 2008 and 2010 tax bills for families at various income levels, showing how their taxes have changed since Obama took office. Taxpayers are filing their 2010 tax returns this spring, while 2008 was the last full year that Bush was president. The scenarios assume that each family had the same income, filing status and number of dependent children in both years.

Income tax rates remain unchanged. But many taxpayers are seeing their bills drop under Obama because of more generous tax credits for college students, working families, homebuyers and the working poor. Many of the changes were enacted as part of the big economic stimulus package passed in 2009.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Banned

http://www.rightmichigan.com/story/2009/6/30/19213/6578

I will continue to show you evidence. I am going to call my uncle (CPA and Vice president for Robert W. Baird) and I am going to have him give me a list of all the tax increases we will expect or already have experienced to show you. I can go on and show you.

You though, will continue to rant that we can create something outta nothing.

Staffing Hit Hard by SUTA Increases | Medical Staffing Blog
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 04:04 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
http://www.rightmichigan.com/story/2009/6/30/19213/6578

I will continue to show you evidence. I am going to call my uncle (CPA and Vice president for Robert W. Baird) and I am going to have him give me a list of all the tax increases we will expect or already have experienced to show you. I can go on and show you.

You though, will continue to rant that we can create something outta nothing.

Staffing Hit Hard by SUTA Increases | Medical Staffing Blog
So if you ONLY post new tax INCREASES, and ignore or refuse to post new tax decreases, credits, exemptions... how is that right? Because honestly, that's EXACTLY where this thread is headed.

Let's come back to reality. For some people, their taxes have gone up or will go up. For others, their taxes have gone down or will go down. Tax codes are convoluted, and they change every year. But the fact still remains that taxes have not gone up across the board, and likewise have not gone down across the board. We have both new taxes and increases, and new tax breaks and reductions.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
FNG

No ones taxes have gone down at any level. Theyve just moved from one form to another

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
No ones taxes have gone down at any level. Theyve just moved from one form to another
Exactly my point. They have more ways to tax you. So you may pay less on your income or property, but you are making it up on utilities, phone, suta, futa, soda tax, cig tax, etc. That is why I called this thread confuse and distract, cause that is exactly what our gov't is doing. Pocket, you can refute this all day, but you can't chit the chitter!

I am awaiting an email from my uncle. I will prolly just paste is from my email to here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode