U.S Report Card - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

U.S Report Card

Report Card on Obama's First Two Years
By K.E. Campbell
Two years ago Barack Obama was inaugurated as president of the United States. Are you better off today than you were two years ago?
American Thinker: Report Card on Obama's First Two Years

check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: U.S Report Card

With no reference or explanation of the direction everything was headed before he took over.......it is obvious that the intent is pretty biased.

Most reasonable people would understand that.

Those that prefer to close their eyes.....won't.

It's so biased, that they try to base the DJIA on the day Obama got the Dem nod.

Instead of when he actually took over (or even when he was actually elected).

Not to mention, the direction it was headed prior to that.

Or would those on the right prefer to forget, that it was down around 8,000 when Bush initiated TARP?

It's over 12,000 as of today.

That's a 50% increase.........any way you look at it.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Its over 12,000 today because Wall street saw what happened in the last election. I can't understand how this is biased when they use 14 different sources and again numbers don't lie. This is the change you voted for people. You can continue to ignore the facts or adhere to fiction. Take your pick, is the way you make it out be.

As an analogy, this would be biased if Christians used the bible to explain what is happening today. But because we believe in the bible, that would make us extremist, wingnuts, holy roller wackjobs.

A report card is a report card, you get a letter or a number on your school report, because I check my son's now every quarter. If his grade goes backwards from quarter to quarter, do I blame the teacher or do I blame my son? And what happens if it goes the other way. I usually praise my son for his hard work. But right away we wanna lay blame to those not directly responsible. He came into office promising great change and better times, well many are still dissappointed and still not willing to point fingers at who keeps feeding porky pig! Again no has spent more in two years than this man!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 12:19 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Its over 12,000 today because Wall street saw what happened in the last election. I can't understand how this is biased when they use 14 different sources and again numbers don't lie. This is the change you voted for people. You can continue to ignore the facts or adhere to fiction. Take your pick, is the way you make it out be.
It's not a problem of the numbers. It's how the numbers are used.

There's not a single person in the world who could have been elected POTUS in 2008, and completely turned this country all the way around into a full hard-on bull market hyper recovery.... in 2 years.

Fact is, regardless of who currently sits in the White House, one person cannot turn around a U.S. economy single handedly. The president does not have that kind of power. Any other person elected to that position would most likely have had very similar numbers resulting from their first 2 years. Not from an economic downturn of this magnitude.

Again, it's not the numbers... it's how they are USED. Regardless of who else could have possibly won in 2008, the economy was in a free-fall. Of course things are going to be worse now than they were 2 years ago. The economy was tanking before the 2008 elections, and it continued to tank immediately after. Not only that, but it was one of the worst downturns since the Great Depression.

It's VERY obvious how the numbers were going to play out, before Obama was even elected.

Quote:
As an analogy, this would be biased if Christians used the bible to explain what is happening today. But because we believe in the bible, that would make us extremist, wingnuts, holy roller wackjobs.
Nostradamus has so far been more accurate.

Quote:
A report card is a report card, you get a letter or a number on your school report, because I check my son's now every quarter. If his grade goes backwards from quarter to quarter, do I blame the teacher or do I blame my son? And what happens if it goes the other way. I usually praise my son for his hard work. But right away we wanna lay blame to those not directly responsible. He came into office promising great change and better times, well many are still dissappointed and still not willing to point fingers at who keeps feeding porky pig! Again no has spent more in two years than this man!
An economy takes YEARS to turn around. Especially from one of the worst economical downturns since the Great Depression.

A more accurate analogy (using your example) would be if one child was taking a test. They were failing miserably, answering wrong on almost every question. Then the test is taken from the student when they are only halfway done, and given to your child in order to complete the test. Problem is, your child cannot go back and correct the wrong answers from the first child, and the total score from the entire test will be reflected on your child's report card.

In other words, your child has only partial responsibility for the test, yet is graded on it's entirety... including the wrong answers from the other child. Think your kid's grade is going to be 100% reflective of what they actually did? Of course not. He didn't start the test.

And don't take this example of mine and pretend that I'm referring to the first child as if it were Bush. Because I'm not. Again, it takes YEARS, and one single person does not hold enough power to sway an economy in that manner. So no, Bush isn't to blame for it's entirety either. There's a very long list of people, policies, corporations, laws, and practices that attributed.... over many years.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
It's not a problem of the numbers. It's how the numbers are used.

There's not a single person in the world who could have been elected POTUS in 2008, and completely turned this country all the way around into a full hard-on bull market hyper recovery.... in 2 years.

Fact is, regardless of who currently sits in the White House, one person cannot turn around a U.S. economy single handedly. The president does not have that kind of power. Any other person elected to that position would most likely have had very similar numbers resulting from their first 2 years. Not from an economic downturn of this magnitude.

Again, it's not the numbers... it's how they are USED. Regardless of who else could have possibly won in 2008, the economy was in a free-fall. Of course things are going to be worse now than they were 2 years ago. The economy was tanking before the 2008 elections, and it continued to tank immediately after. Not only that, but it was one of the worst downturns since the Great Depression.

It's VERY obvious how the numbers were going to play out, before Obama was even elected.

Nostradamus has so far been more accurate.

An economy takes YEARS to turn around. Especially from one of the worst economical downturns since the Great Depression.

A more accurate analogy (using your example) would be if one child was taking a test. They were failing miserably, answering wrong on almost every question. Then the test is taken from the student when they are only halfway done, and given to your child in order to complete the test. Problem is, your child cannot go back and correct the wrong answers from the first child, and the total score from the entire test will be reflected on your child's report card.

In other words, your child has only partial responsibility for the test, yet is graded on it's entirety... including the wrong answers from the other child. Think your kid's grade is going to be 100% reflective of what they actually did? Of course not. He didn't start the test.

And don't take this example of mine and pretend that I'm referring to the first child as if it were Bush. Because I'm not. Again, it takes YEARS, and one single person does not hold enough power to sway an economy in that manner. So no, Bush isn't to blame for it's entirety either. There's a very long list of people, policies, corporations, laws, and practices that attributed.... over many years.
Pocket I understand everything you stated, respectfully. I found this and thought it was interesting. I shared it and again, numbers don't lie and that is all it amounts too. Yes I agree anyone in office would have had a difficult time redirecting course, but I do believe it could have been handled better. That could be saved for an entirely different thread.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 12:34 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Pocket I understand everything you stated, respectfully. I found this and thought it was interesting. I shared it and again, numbers don't lie and that is all it amounts too. Yes I agree anyone in office would have had a difficult time redirecting course, but I do believe it could have been handled better. That could be saved for an entirely different thread.
Don't worry, I wasn't disputing the numbers. I'm sure they can be debated, but at this point I doubt anyone cares.

Compared to 2 years ago, most of the country's economy is down. A few spots have faired better, but for the most part (unemployment, housing, etc)... it's down.

Could things have been handled differently? Of course. What effect would a different course of action taken? That can be debated. However, it's going to be hard to prove to anyone that someone else could have made things significantly better overall. Perhaps slightly better, the same, or slightly worse would be the most likely outcomes. Significantly better or worse are far stretches, and pretty much not going to happen from one person alone.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 PM
TennesseeHillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Don't worry, I wasn't disputing the numbers. I'm sure they can be debated, but at this point I doubt anyone cares.

Compared to 2 years ago, most of the country's economy is down. A few spots have faired better, but for the most part (unemployment, housing, etc)... it's down.

Could things have been handled differently? Of course. What effect would a different course of action taken? That can be debated. However, it's going to be hard to prove to anyone that someone else could have made things significantly better overall. Perhaps slightly better, the same, or slightly worse would be the most likely outcomes. Significantly better or worse are far stretches, and pretty much not going to happen from one person alone.
One thing is sure Curtis.....when the government intervenes.....it usually turns into a clusterfuk......that point you cannot debate or deny. They can and do skew the facts and numbers to make it appear as if things are better than they really are.....and they ALL do it..Bush.....Obama...and on and on....

One point that I think that most people, with any common sense, can agree on......you can't borrow and spend your way out of debt....at some point there will have to be a day of reckoning.....

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode