Not impressed w/ the high flying rhetoric in the Union speech. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

Not impressed w/ the high flying rhetoric in the Union speech.

Sorry, but that was pathetic. Bunch of high flying feel good BS w/ very few practical solutions.

You know like real ideas and mandates to:
-Return manufacturing to the USA
-improve and simply the tax code (yes, he touched on it, not enough!)
-remove incentives for companies to outsource
-get really serious about the border problem
-really solve our massive tax loopholes for mega-corps so we can lower the overall corporate tax rate (he touched on it but it was practically an afterthought)
-how we were going to move towards clean energy (he didn't say renewable which is fine)
-focus on a new direction in education that actually trains people in a skill as opposed to trying to send more people to college. I have a BS in Biology. Trust me, degrees are overrated and overpriced!
-real ideas that represent real money for reducing the deficit. I heard a lot of feel good spending talked about but little substantial budget cuts. At the least if you are going to suggest spending more discuss how you are going to pay for it please. I sincerely believe investing is important but not on massive borrowed money. Freezes Federal pay increases! Whoop-dee-do, they are already paid 2x what the private sector pays for the same positions.

I got bored half way thru and began to look up Motocross on my smart phone. That's all I got but what I saw was a bunch of horsecrap honestly.

I'm still where I was in 2008: RON PAUL for President. He is the only one w/ the balls to fix this mess. Both parties have became such self-grandizing, self-serving bitches they would suck their own dicks (metaphorically speaking) if they could only reach.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Not impressed w/ the high flying rhetoric in the Union speech.

Aaaaaaaaand that's why I didn't bother to watch the State of the Union Address.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 02:38 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Aaaaaaaaand that's why I didn't bother to watch the State of the Union Address.
Agreed

2004 F350 6.0 ECSB Lariat. All the normal stuff

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 03:25 PM
PSN Veteran

I think the populous in general is tired of talk...ALL of the talk, and ready to see some action specific to the budget. All I heard last night was, "I ramrodded through what I wanted to get done and plan on perfecting my political speeches for my 2012 campaign in the next two years." That's what I heard in what little I saw of it. Not impressed.

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Gandy Dancer

Yeah, just more talk.

I am encouraged by his stated willingness to work on compromises though.

He needs to get away from the wingnuts on the left, stave off the wingnuts on the right and meet in the middle........where most reasonable Americans reside.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Banned

Didn't watch any of it, could care less, but bravo, bravo. Something we can all agree on.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

So you have an opinion, on a speech, that you didn't even watch?

. You are just too much Binder.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Banned

Umm I suppose I now have to be so explicit as to draw pictures, draw schematics, write out an outline, use sign language, use morse code, whatever you choose, I will just so some on here can fully understand.

Just because I did not watch any of it, doesn't mean I didn't see or hear any clips of his message. There was enough rebuttal going on afterwards, on his message. The underlying theme here is I agreed with everything stated earlier. So yes, my opinion is still valid in my book.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 07:56 PM
PSN Veteran

I agree; there was a lot of talk. He did hit on a few "hot" items like immigration, clean energy and the tax code but I am awaiting to see what he actually decides to DO about these items.

Also, how can you really go into that much detail in a speech when every 5 words almost everybody in the room starts clapping....that chit drives me nuts. And that doesn't just go for BO but any president. The last State of the Union, when Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House, she stood up every 3 words to clap for him. Even Joe Biden was thinking to himself "Sit down and shut the hell up b*tch!."

Andy
2000 F350, Dually, 6speed, Flatbed, snow plow - Work Truck / Tow Pig

01 Silver PSD, lifted, roof rack, winch, snorkel- SOLD

03 Jetta TDI- DD

1999 Jeep Cherokee, lifted, locked, etc....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 08:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselsmoke0204 View Post
Also, how can you really go into that much detail in a speech when every 5 words almost everybody in the room starts clapping....that chit drives me nuts. And that doesn't just go for BO but any president. The last State of the Union, when Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House, she stood up every 3 words to clap for him. Even Joe Biden was thinking to himself "Sit down and shut the hell up b*tch!."

2004 F350 6.0 ECSB Lariat. All the normal stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode