AZ shooting and YOU??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

AZ shooting and YOU???

A couple of threads going about this AZ tradgedy/atrocity have been unusually civil for PSN

So I thought...here's a thought......put in a few words how this affected you and something it made you realize.......I was gonna go first but .....for chits and grins.....somebody else......AND make it personal...!!! GO.. {sans politicas}

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Gandy Dancer

Re: AZ shooting and YOU???

It made me even more aware of how low we have sunk as a nation.

Although we have had nutcase killers/assassins in our history, usually our country bands together after such an incident.

But the political rhetoric (on both sides) has become so toxic, that finger pointing and counter-finger pointing....... becomes the first order of business.

Regardless if that rhetoric had a thing to do with this tragedy (which I don't think it did).....it should still be a learning moment for us.

What I would love to see, is an outright condemnation by the populace........of the hate and vitriol that grips this country.

Which is exactly what Rep. Giffords called for months ago.

I know that's not going to happen and would almost bet that it actually gets worse.

Which to me, is a slap in the face of the innocent people who have died.

Thanks for asking.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 AM
PSN Veteran

It helps me think of how lucky I am to have family around daily and helps me not take them for granted.

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 01:27 AM
R.I.P. DAD

Just let know my thoughts on how screwed we are are true, these politicians truely only have there own personal interest at heart and screw the people. Any a-hole that can take a horrific event and try to use it for political gain should be fired from office.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Dairy Mechanic

Just a thought........

People on the left were outraged when they saw guns at some rallies. Wonder what would happen if someone there brought one and had a chance????

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PD View Post
Just a thought........

People on the left were outraged when they saw guns at some rallies. Wonder what would happen if someone there brought one and had a chance????
At least one of the guys that helped to take him down........... had a gun.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 01:46 AM
R.I.P. DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
At least one of the guys that helped to take him down........... had a gun.
He should have used it too, maybe it would have saved a few lifes.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 AM
Butt-Head

Exactly what I was thinking.

If more law-abiding citizens were armed and knew how to use their weapons, things might have been a little different. However, it's hard to say what might have been.....what's done is done. It could have been better...........or it could have been worse.

I have my appointment set up with the County She#### tomorrow for an interview/fingerprinting so I can carry inside my clothing.

Cody
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 AM
R.I.P. DAD

Theres a time to use and a time to just be ready, this clearly was a time to use. This kid practiced this in his head several times before acting it out and obviously had no intention of living through it. I think he just wanted to take out as many people as possible for no reason other than he was just mentaly unstable.

How his warning signs got ignored for so long (as inb no action taken) is beyond me. I understand the what if game could be played all day, just sad to see so mant people killed for no reason and that poor little girl most of all.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

-Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee08FX4 View Post
He should have used it too, maybe it would have saved a few lifes.
Or taken a few more in the crowd.

I guess this guy wasn't actually right there at the beginning, but I think he did the right thing by not shooting.

Didn't Shoot (click here)

Quote:
This is a much more dangerous picture than has generally been reported. Zamudio had released his safety and was poised to fire when he saw what he thought was the killer still holding his weapon. Zamudio had a split second to decide whether to shoot. He was sufficiently convinced of the killer's identity to shove the man into a wall. But Zamudio didn't use his gun. That's how close he came to killing an innocent man. He was, as he acknowledges, "very lucky."

That's what happens when you run with a firearm to a scene of bloody havoc. In the chaos and pressure of the moment, you can shoot the wrong person. Or, by drawing your weapon, you can become the wrong person—a hero mistaken for a second gunman by another would-be hero with a gun. Bang, you're dead. Or worse, bang bang bang bang bang: a firefight among several armed, confused, and innocent people in a crowd. It happens even among trained soldiers. Among civilians, the risk is that much greater.

Quote:
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode