Giffords Shooting Leads Two Lawmakers to Carry Guns - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Giffords Shooting Leads Two Lawmakers to Carry Guns

Giffords Shooting Leads Two Lawmakers to Carry Guns - US News and World Report

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Two lawmakers said Sunday they'll pack heat back home after the deadly attack on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

The decision by Reps. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and Rep. Heath Shuler (D-N.C.) raises new questions about whether lawmakers should carry guns for self defense - or need to. [Photo Gallery: Gabrielle Giffords Shooting in Arizona.]

"After the elections, I let my guard down," Shuler, an ex-NFL player, told Politico. "Now I know I need to have [my gun] on me."

Shuler and Chaffetz won't be the first lawmakers to be strapped.

The U.S. Marshals Service can deputize a member of Congress as a special deputy marshal if a threat assessment shows they are in danger, a federal law enforcement official said.

Carrying a special deputy badge allows the bearer to carry a concealed handgun anywhere, including inside a federal building like the U.S. Capitol.

Those who are so deputized aren't publicized, but Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) has said he was granted deputy status after receiving death threats in the 1990s.
I love how certain people's lives are so important they are granted immunity from Federal law.

Aren't all of our lives important? I know mine is....to me....but obviously not to those "in power"

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 09:58 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: Giffords Shooting Leads Two Lawmakers to Carry Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Giffords Shooting Leads Two Lawmakers to Carry Guns - US News and World Report

I love how certain people's lives are so important they are granted immunity from Federal law.

Aren't all of our lives important? I know mine is....to me....but obviously not to those "in power"

I dont have a big issue with that. I have no issue with a member of congress being able to carry in a federal building and I cant.

Now if they say I cant carry concealed into the local Safeway... then I might have issues.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
hvac man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I dont have a big issue with that. I have no issue with a member of congress being able to carry in a federal building and I cant.

Now if they say I cant carry concealed into the local Safeway... then I might have issues.
Agreed!!

Bruce

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
All done now

I bet the Governor of Texas is armed in the State Capitol.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
PSN Veteran

Funny how many people will think that its OK for them to be able to defend themselves but not the general public. Sad.

Glad I'm not one of them.

2002 F-250 SD Lariat CC 4x4
7.3L automatic.
Underdash gauge pod with ISSPRO gauges.
Zoodad.
AIH delete.
DIY Tymar filter.
Sonnax Kit.
4" turbo back straight exhaust and 4-6" Silverline chrome tip.
20" wheels with 32x12.5 Toyo MT's
'08 aluminum rear diff cover.
SOLID AXLE front cover.
A/C Mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode