A Briton's opinion of Obama - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

A Briton's opinion of Obama

THE " LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH" EDITOR

A very sobering article. Our handling of relationships with the Britons over the oil spill won't help eitherů..

Quote:

"Let me be clear: I'm not normally in favor of boycotts, and I love the American people. I holiday in their country regularly, and hate the tedious snobby sneers against the United States . But the American people chose to elect an idiot who seems hell bent on insulting their allies, and something must be done to stop Obama's reckless foreign policy, before he does the dirty on his allies on every issue." One of the most poorly kept secrets in Washington is President Obama's animosity toward Great Britain , presumably because of what he regards as its sins while ruling Kenya (1895-1963).

One of Barack Hussein Obama's first acts as president was to return to Britain a bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office since 9/11. He followed this up by denying Prime Minister Gordon Brown, on his first state visit, the usual joint press conference with flags.

The president was "too tired" to grant the leader of America 's closest ally a proper welcome, his aides told British journalists.

Mr. Obama followed this up with cheesy gifts for Mr. Brown and the Queen. Columnist Ian Martin described his behavior as "rudeness personified. " There was more rudeness in store for Mr. Brown at the opening session of the United Nations in September. "The prime minister was forced to dash through the kitchens of the UN in New York to secure five minutes of face time with President Obama after five requests for a sit down meeting were rejected by the White House," said London Telegraph columnist David Hughes. Mr. Obama's "churlishness is unforgivable," Mr. Hughes said.

The administration went beyond snubs and slights last week when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the demand of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner, a Hugo Chavez ally, for mediation of Argentina 's specious claim to the Falkland Islands , a British dependency since 1833. The people who live in the Falklands, who speak English, want nothing to do with Argentina . When, in 1982, an earlier Argentine dictatorship tried to seize the Falklands by force, the British -- with strong support from President Ronald Reagan -- expelled them.

"It is truly shocking that Barack Obama has decided to disregard our shared history," wrote Telegraph columnist Toby Young. "Does Britain 's friendship really mean so little to him?" One could ask, does the friendship of anyone in the entire world mean anything to him?

"I recently asked several senior administration officials, separately, to name a foreign leader with whom Barack Obama has forged a strong personal relationship during his first year in office," wrote Jackson Diehl, deputy editorial page editor of the Washington Post, on Monday. "A lot of hemming and hawing ensued." One official named French President Nicolas Sarkozy, but his contempt for Mr. Obama is an open secret. Another named German Chancellor Angela Merkel. But, said Mr. Diehl, "Merkel too has been conspicuously cool toward Obama."

Mr. Obama certainly doesn't care about the Poles and Czechs, whom he has betrayed on missile defense. Honduras and Israel also can attest that he's been an unreliable ally and an unfaithful friend. Ironically, our relations with both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have never been worse. Russia has offered nothing in exchange for Mr. Obama's abandonment of missile defense. Russia and China won't support serious sanctions on Iran . Syria 's support for terrorism has not diminished despite efforts to normalize diplomatic relations. The reclusive military dictatorship that runs Burma has responded to our efforts at "engagement" by deepening its ties to North Korea .

And the Chinese make little effort to disguise their contempt for him.

For the first time in a long time, the President of the United States is actually distrusted by allies and not in the least feared by adversaries. Nor is Mr. Obama now respected by the majority of Americans. Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community.
They soon will.

--London Daily Telegraph editor -- Alex Singleton

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Banned

Re: A Briton's opinion of Obama

Disgraceful! But I am not surprised one bit. This manchild for prez thinks he is kingchit! That is my utmost honest opinion.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:05 AM
<-- it's like that

As usual, when a sensational tabloid opinion piece is set loose on an unsuspecting public via email, they tend to eat it up and believe every word as gospel truth. Unfortunately, there are some serious problems regarding accuracy with this article. So before everyone gets all pissy over this, read up.

The author, like anyone else, is certainly entitled to his opinion. I'm simply going to go over the FACTS ONLY. Nothing more. I'm going to ignore his opinions, and leave them out.

Quote:
One of Barack Hussein Obama's first acts as president was to return to Britain a bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office since 9/11.
At first glance, this sounds bad, but there's several very important pieces of the puzzle missing here. First, the bust of Winston Churchill was on LOAN to George W. Bush. It was never given to him, the White House, or anyone else. In fact, the British Embassy confirmed that the loan of the bust expired with the end of Bush's presidency.

Second, the bust was removed prior to Obama's inauguration. White House staff removed it as part of the usual redecoration of the Oval Office when a new president is to be sworn in. So really, this was not even a "presidential act" by Obama.

The entire firestorm was ignited due to London tabloid reports, the same reports that ignored the British Embassy's statements that the bust was on loan, and was properly returned.

Quote:
He followed this up by denying Prime Minister Gordon Brown, on his first state visit, the usual joint press conference with flags.

The president was "too tired" to grant the leader of America 's closest ally a proper welcome, his aides told British journalists.
Unfortunately, this was spawned because of a media outcry, not a snub by Obama to Brown. The British press blasted Obama and Brown for limiting their access with their first joint press conference. So they "claimed" that Brown was snubbed by Obama because Obama was "too tired". Only problem, it was the press that was snubbed, not Brown.

Brown himself issued a statement that he was not offended nor that Obama appeared "tired", and that he and Obama enjoyed a long private discussion away from the press.

Quote:
Mr. Obama followed this up with cheesy gifts for Mr. Brown and the Queen. Columnist Ian Martin described his behavior as "rudeness personified. "
The gift exchange is a matter of opinion. Just remember that one of the gifts Obama received from the Queen was a framed and autographed picture of herself.

In addition, many diplomatic gifts of this nature are often planned out in advance by both parties and their protocol teams. The story is more of a media frenzy of what opinion columnists think about the gifts, rather than those who actually received the gifts themselves.

Quote:
There was more rudeness in store for Mr. Brown at the opening session of the United Nations in September. "The prime minister was forced to dash through the kitchens of the UN in New York to secure five minutes of face time with President Obama after five requests for a sit down meeting were rejected by the White House," said London Telegraph columnist David Hughes. Mr. Obama's "churlishness is unforgivable," Mr. Hughes said.
Again, Brown was not snubbed:

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Brown denies President Obama snub

Quote:
The administration went beyond snubs and slights last week when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the demand of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner, a Hugo Chavez ally, for mediation of Argentina 's specious claim to the Falkland Islands , a British dependency since 1833. The people who live in the Falklands, who speak English, want nothing to do with Argentina . When, in 1982, an earlier Argentine dictatorship tried to seize the Falklands by force, the British -- with strong support from President Ronald Reagan -- expelled them.
Yet again, there's very important information missing here.

The talks that were endorsed by Clinton was not about turning over the Falklands to Argentina. The ACTUAL issue was a British oil rig that began drilling in the North Falkland Basin, and the rig was located 60 miles north of the island. Argentina disputed the drilling.

The rest of the article is simply opinion, conjecture, and here-say... so I'm not commenting on those parts. Simply pointing out the misinformation, removal of key facts, lies, and blatant bias in the article.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

I heard of this awhile back. It's factual, but a bit twisted I think.
Without anymore proof than what I've seen, it's a 50-50 chance if all of what has been aired is really the complete truth.
I will say one thing I know is true, the U.K. is one of our best friends, along with the rest of the English speaking world, and we'd be awful foolish to think otherwise.
I was in the U.K. a month after 911. I have never met a greater bunch of people, unless it's our northern neighbour. It was apparent we were from the U.S. just by the way we sounded. Many people expressed their sympathy to us, and welcomed us very nicely. I could go on a long time about those people.
I would hope that the U.S. would never do anything to harm our very long lasting relationship.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Curtis....you're such a.......

Look at the title.....A Briton's OPINION of Obama.....come on and face it...not everyone (except Ricky) loves BO as much as you do!

Also just because your beloved, center-of-your-entire-mind-body-and-soul, Snopes refudiates(Ah, good ole Sarah!) something, doesn't always mean it's completely false. Who fact-checks a man and woman in their basement that put their opinions on the web???

Oh, and those who dislike your god.......they're the only BIASED group....?

Here's the last line again, revised for you to better comprehend...

"Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Curtis(aka Pocket) apparently has yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community.
He soon will."

(just messin' with ya........I just copy and paste!)

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
Look at the title.....A Briton's OPINION of Obama.....come on and face it...not everyone (except Ricky) loves BO as much as you do!
Yes, it's an opinion article. The problem is that even as an opinion article, it takes lies and tries to pass them off as truth. Just look at the responses in this thread. People actually think that this stuff is real.

I don't like Obama any more than the next guy, but at the same time... sitting back and buying into tabloid lies does nothing but make things worse, not better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
Also just because your beloved, center-of-your-entire-mind-body-and-soul, Snopes refudiates(Ah, good ole Sarah!) something, doesn't always mean it's completely false. Who fact-checks a man and woman in their basement that put their opinions on the web???
I didn't use Snopes for any of this.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
I heard of this awhile back. It's factual, but a bit twisted I think.
Without anymore proof than what I've seen, it's a 50-50 chance if all of what has been aired is really the complete truth.
[QUOTE Just look at the responses in this thread. People actually think that this stuff is real.[/QUOTE]

Please reread my post. I don't think I believe it's real, unless my version of English has a different meaning than yours.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Please reread my post. I don't think I believe it's real, unless my version of English has a different meaning than yours.
Sorry, I guess I should have worded my response a bit differently. I should have pointed the finger directly at Binder, since he fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Olde gear jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Sorry, I guess I should have worded my response a bit differently. I should have pointed the finger directly at Binder, since he fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
No problem man, we're good!!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned

My response wouldn't be any different of the man, because that is my exact opinion of this man as well. It is nice to know that I am not the only one. For myself it is not an opinion, it is what I would say fact for me. That is all I need to base my assumptions on. I don't need anyone to prove to me but for myself who this man is. But also at the same token, there are similar people out there like myself who think and feel the same way, not just in the is country but others as well. This is more truth than opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode