82-Year-Old Man Nabs 2 Crooks - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

82-Year-Old Man Nabs 2 Crooks

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...112897304.html

Quote:
An elderly man from Newark, Delaware took the law into his own hands after being the victim of several burglaries.

On Dec. 10, 82-year-old Joe Harper allegedly discovered two men putting his generator and metal items from his yard in their truck outside his house near Champan Road. Harper had been tipped off by his son who claimed that a friend who works near the home saw the thieves committing the act.

The Korean War veteran, who suffers from Leukemia and diabetes, took action and shot out one of their tires as the men tried to speed away. Harper then held the men at gunpoint until police arrived to arrest them.

“They had the idea they were going to rush me,” said Harper. “I told them ‘don’t even think about it. I said ‘one more step and it’ll be your last step!”

Harper was allegedly burglarized twice before that during October at both his Chapman Road home and the Shannon Inn, which he owns and is in the process of restoring with his son. Harper claims that the thieves stole more than $30,000 worth of kitchen equipment from the inn.

Harper served as a combat instructor during the Korean War before spending 41 years as a high school teacher.

Despite his heroics, the Delaware State Police strongly urge robbery victims to not follow his example.

“We strongly recommend people call the police,” said Corporal Jeffrey Hale. “Give good descriptions, but don’t take the law into your own hands.”

Harper says he would do the exact same thing however if he had to do it again. He also wishes for tougher laws in Delaware.

“First of all we need to get a law like you got in Florida, for criminal trespassing,” said Harper. “You get you’re a** shot. You’re dead and that’s it.”

The two alleged robbers, 41-year-old William Rafter of Clayton and 30-year-old Mark Sturgill of Bridgeton, N.J. face felony theft and conspiracy charges.
Remember guys....Don't be like Joe....be good little victims and call police

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 PM
All done now

Re: 82-Year-Old Man Nabs 2 Crooks

Yep, don't mess with old men. They don't just remember the good old days. They were part of them. They will shoot you.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Banned

Re: 82-Year-Old Man Nabs 2 Crooks

Quote:
“First of all we need to get a law like you got in Florida, for criminal trespassing,” said Harper. “You get you’re a** shot. You’re dead and that’s it.”
I like that quote from it. Typical for a police officer to say call police. Well hell, I guess if there was a gang about to rape my daughter I suppose I would just have to grin and bear it until the police arrived...... hmmm maybe 20-30 minutes later!

A big effin NO! they would have two double barrel shotguns aimed at there peckers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode