Hypothesis: Obama voters were prejudiced?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
ERJ Aircraft Mechanic

Question Hypothesis: Obama voters were prejudiced??

I was thinking about the last presidential election, and a thought occured to me.

It is obvious (to me anyhow) Obama was elected on the basis of his skin color and not on the size of his resume (or specifically, the lack thereof).

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines prejudice as "a preconceived judgment or opinion."

Prejudice is more commonly a negative perception of a person or group based on criteria such as skin color, race, religion or other criteria.

Now I want to say upfront that I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt and say that he may be a nice person. I just don't agree with his politics, economics or that his very thin resume qualified him to do the job he currently holds.

Is it possible that millions of people were prejudiced in a non-negative manner and had a perception that Obama was qualified and fit to be president based on his skin color?

Civil discussions only please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
PSN Local

Re: Hypothesis: Obama voters were prejudiced??

You hit the nail on the head

2000 F-250 SCLB 7.3 auto 2wd PHP tunes, w-w, 4" exh tb, 3 guages, zoodad, NCH ccv mod, AIS
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:44 PM
PSN Local

Send a message via Yahoo to jtsparks2

I don't think there's any doubt that a vast majority of Obama's black votes were black people that had never voted in their lives, and only came out to vote for a black candidate.

I saw black churches register and drive their congregations to polls. Mind you that those same churches supposedly preach against homosexuality and abortion, yet pushed their people to vote race before considering the candidate supported the very things they preach against.

1996 F350 CC DRW
3" DP, DP-Tuner, 6637

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:47 PM
PSN Veteran

You just smashed the nail. MY aunt is a die hard democrat and she called me and said I hope I make the right deccsion and not vote for OBAMA. I was really surprised at what she had told me. But imo he was voted in because of his skin color. People rant at my work at how well he does his job and all this... I just sit back and listen cause you can't fight it.

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail_gunner View Post
I was thinking about the last presidential election, and a thought occured to me.

It is obvious (to me anyhow) Obama was elected on the basis of his skin color and not on the size of his resume (or specifically, the lack thereof).

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines prejudice as "a preconceived judgment or opinion."

Prejudice is more commonly a negative perception of a person or group based on criteria such as skin color, race, religion or other criteria.

Now I want to say upfront that I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt and say that he may be a nice person. I just don't agree with his politics, economics or that his very thin resume qualified him to do the job he currently holds.

Is it possible that millions of people were prejudiced in a non-negative manner and had a perception that Obama was qualified and fit to be president based on his skin color?

Bullseye!
Very well stated. I know I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't anyone who will dispute this, unless of course Gandy reads it!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:55 PM
PSN Newb

Again, while being very much unqualified for the job, he has taken full advantage of the perks made available to the position! He has as well taken every opportunity to further the agenda of the left, taking into account his questionable friends and contacts, campaign contributions from source’s that have proved un-verifiable and his general lack of ability to tell the truth at most any time leads one to wonder if he is President or Puppet?

Your Freedom To Be You Includes MY Freedom To Be Free From You!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Recovering Cummins Owner

That coupled with "white guilt" there were a bunch of white people that voted for Obama so that they could feel like they weren't racist.

Although.....how many of you could find anyone who voted for Bill Clinton's second term? I live in a VERY red district, and Clinton "won" our district, but I couldn't find a single person who voted for him....

The entire system is corrupt. Until we ID people at the poles and dye their fingers like other countries, we will have double voting, dead voting, and as in ohio.....homeless people voting in each of the 88 districts....

I don't care for Obama's politics at all, but neither am I convinced that McCain would be much better.

2011 F250 Superduty CC Dark Blue Pearl Metallic

"Recovering Cummin's Owner"
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
TennesseeHillbilly

Undoubtedly, and collaborated by some related articles and videos, there were untold scores of people who voted along a racial line...but keep in mind, at his rallies were people of all demographics.

I think the top 3 reasons were:

1. "change"...but only for the sake of change....not even knowing/caring what the change would be.

2. "promises" and statements such as "spread the wealth around"...led many to vote themselves a "meal ticket" or "free ride"...if you will.

3. "race"......no explanation needed.

On edit: 4.Those like Ricky(Gandy)......who the hell knows why they did????

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail_gunner View Post

The inverse of that hypothesis would be: Do most people who dislike him.....do it just because he's black?

I don't think either hypothesis is correct.

Quote:
We can only hope.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 03:31 PM
FNG

nail on head tailgunner

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode