Imagine - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Gandy Dancer

Thumbs down Imagine

Being imprisoned for 30 years........and you are inncoent.

Exonerated (click here)

Quote:
DALLAS Ė Prosecutors declared a Texas man innocent Monday of a rape and robbery that put him in prison for 30 years, more than any other DNA exoneree in Texas.

DNA test results that came back barely a week after Cornelius Dupree Jr. was paroled in July excluded him as the person who attacked a Dallas woman in 1979, prosecutors said Monday. Dupree was just 20 when he was sentenced to 75 years in prison in 1980.

Now 51, he has spent more time wrongly imprisoned than any DNA exoneree in Texas, which has freed 41 wrongly convicted inmates through DNA since 2001 ó more than any other state.

"Our Conviction Integrity Unit thoroughly reinvestigated this case, tested the biological evidence and based on the results, concluded Cornelius Dupree did not commit this crime," Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins said.

Dupree is expected to have his aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon conviction overturned Tuesday at an exoneration hearing in a Dallas court.

There have been 21 DNA exonerations in Dallas since 2001, more than any other county in the nation. Only two states ó Illinois and New York ó have freed more of the wrongly convicted through DNA evidence, according to the Innocence Project, a New York-based legal center representing Dupree that specializes in wrongful conviction cases.

Dallas' record of DNA exonerations is unmatched nationally because the county crime lab maintains biological evidence even decades after a conviction, leaving samples available to test. In addition, Watkins has cooperated with innocence groups in reviewing hundreds of requests by inmates for DNA testing. Watkins, the first black DA in Texas history, has also pointed to what he calls "a convict-at-all-costs mentality" that he says permeated the DA's office before he arrived in 2007.

The only good thing about it is that he wasn't executed.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 AM

Re: Imagine

If DNA is available, it should be tested.

We have been pushing our reps here in GA to pass a law that would require all DNA evidence collected from crime scenes that were pre-DNA testing be tested.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 01:33 AM
hillbilly

Hey Gandy, they are all innocent. Wrong place at wrong time. You are what we call a "hug a thug". If you want them released to your neighborhood just let me know. If not let me do my job. The court convicted them, therefore they are guilty. nuff said.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill_billiez View Post
Hey Gandy, they are all innocent. Wrong place at wrong time. You are what we call a "hug a thug". If you want them released to your neighborhood just let me know. If not let me do my job. The court convicted them, therefore they are guilty. nuff said.
in the sight of the Dept of Corrections yes.....but every DOC system has held or currently holds an innocent man.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 01:56 AM
hillbilly

I've been silent too long. Gandy, you want to abolish the death penalty? What about the victims? Is there no justice? Prisoners have rights,,,, BLAH BLAH BLAH. What about the victims' family? Get off your high horse. Death penalty= death.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 01:58 AM
hillbilly

Ps Rumors. You come up with better system and we will change the laws. Until then, its all we got.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Ps Rumors. You come up with better system and we will change the laws. Until then, its all we got.
If there is DNA evidence that has never been tested shouldn't it be? What would it hurt if it just upheld the conviction?

Now don't get me wrong I very much believe in our justice system as well as the death penalty but mistakes have happened. Of course many that have been released over the years were still up to no good.

GA released a guy two years ago due to DNA testing. He had been in prison 22 years for rape and murder. DNA evidence proved he was not the murderer nor the rapist BUT he was driving around in the victims car using her credit cards when he was arrested.

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 AM
hillbilly

Let "him" take your loved ones car and or credit cards and be set FREE? REALLY?
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Hey Gandy, they are all innocent. Wrong place at wrong time. You are what we call a "hug a thug". If you want them released to your neighborhood just let me know. If not let me do my job.
Does your job involve condoning the incarceration of innocent people?

Would you feel the same, if it were you are one of your family members?

Quote:
The court convicted them, therefore they are guilty. nuff said.
Let me guess, you have no problem executing innocent people.........as long as they were convicted?

As I said, I'll bet you changed your tune if it was you or your family/friends.

I want justice.

Not padding conviction rates.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:15 AM
hillbilly

Soooo HE didnt rape your loved one, just stole her car and her identity? Wow, let him go free.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode