"No refusal" DUI checkpoints - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

"No refusal" DUI checkpoints

I absolutely despise DUIs and think alcohol and automobiles is one place where zero tolerance should be practiced but this seems very questionable....

"No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa | Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota | WTSP.com 10 News

Quote:
Florida is among several states now holding what are called "no refusal" checkpoints.

It means if you refuse a breath test during a traffic stop, a judge is on site, and issues a warrant that allows police to perform a mandatory blood test.

It's already being done in several counties, and now Unfried is working to bring it to the Tampa Bay area.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Banning Smut

Re: "No refusal" DUI checkpoints

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
I absolutely despise DUIs and think alcohol and automobiles is one place where zero tolerance should be practiced but this seems very questionable....

"No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa | Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota | WTSP.com 10 News
This being done in Tx too. Judge issues an immediate warrant for blood draw...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I know nothing...

OUTSTANDING!

You bury enough family and friends that lost their lives because someone wanted to get their drink on and drive you'll stop questioning it.

I've submitted to MANY breathy's. Most Motor Carrier ins providers demand it. I've got nothing to hide!

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...

post #4 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz

I agree. If you have nothing to hide, then whats the problem. Drinking and driving is one of those things I just have ZERO tolerance for.

2002 F-250 CCSB Lariat 4x4 7.3 Mostly stock... for now

2003 Ford Ranger Fx4 Level ll Sonic Blue with 33s"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamfighter View Post
I'm getting it in the can right now!!
post #5 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by David N View Post
I agree. If you have nothing to hide, then whats the problem. Drinking and driving is one of those things I just have ZERO tolerance for.
I also agree but the slope from "subjects" to "citizens" is starting to slope the other way at a very rapid pace.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
post #6 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM
PSN Local

Send a message via AIM to Pdt1081

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post

People will think this is alright until they apply the same concept to searching vehicles for drugs.
post #7 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:46 PM
PSN Local

I am against drinking and driving as well (not that I think anyone will admit they are pro drinking and driving), but this may actually allow a person to pass a test where they would have failed if given a breathalyzer on the spot.

-for instance, If I had too many beers at the bar and I get stopped at one of these check points where I refuse a breathalyzer, think about the amount of time that will pass until I actually get my blood drawn. By the time the police cuff me and stuff me, read my rights, do my paper work, then get me to the hospital it could easily take an hour. When was the last time any of you went to your local ER? I work in one so I know how long stuff takes. It could take an hr or even two until they get blood drawn. What if I have crap for veins and it takes even longer?

That's just an example why I don't like that idea. I've always told ppl that if they are drinking and driving to demand a blood test vs a breathalyzer for that very reason. Guess working in the medical field give me a different outlook on it

2008 F250 King Ranch
6" lift on 37's
KEM 275, 345 on DD
EGR delete, no limit pipe
AFE intake
post #8 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:47 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdt1081 View Post
People will think this is alright until they apply the same concept to searching vehicles for drugs.
or anything else for that matter.

People need to be very careful of what they wish for.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
post #9 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:56 PM
I know nothing...

I'm all for keeping freedom but this is a "Lessor of 2 evils" argument not slippery slope.

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...
post #10 of 182 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
I also agree but the slope from "subjects" to "citizens" is starting to slope the other way at a very rapid pace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdt1081 View Post
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaddy View Post
I'm all for keeping freedom but this is a "Lessor of 2 evils" argument not slippery slope.
See my sig and think TSA....30 years ago...with what little security there was no one could fathom the type privacy invasion would be happening today.

Making criminals of every tom dick and sue is not the answer. Attempted murder penalty for a DUI conviction would go much further. My wife has a step brother that has had 6 DUI convictions. Never spent more than 24 hours in jail.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode