Question for Christians - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 96
Question for Christians

“Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” (2 Timothy 3:12)

How do you reconcile that with the fact that Christendom as a whole is well respected and the vast majority of it's adherents have no real opposition to their worshiping as they please?


Just a thought I had reading the Catholic or Christian thread...

02 CCSB, Bumpers from Texas, tranny from Arkansas, tunes from Colorado, and a few other little things...
displacedtexan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Rollin' In My 6 4
 
KRSD11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 482
Re: Question for Christians

taking one sentence out of a passage can't account for the entire message's meaning...

I don't know what you were trying to get at by your post, so please don't take what I said as offensive.

-Adam
2008 6.4L PSD CC SB 3.73
H&S Mini Maxx(KEM tuned), S&B, CS IC pipe, 4'' DP, 5'' straight piped, OUO Traction Bars, Westin bull guard, KC lights, Readylift, 35x12.50s, Retro HIDs, Kenwood DNX-7160 SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2011 6.7L PSD KR CC 3.55 SOLD
KRSD11 is offline  
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 96
Re: Question for Christians

Not at all offensive, and if you look at the context Paul was talking about the things he suffered, and said basically that they didn't make him unique.

When I look at it, in context it sure seems to me to imply that true followers of Christ would have at least some difficulties.

I'm not really trying to get at anything, just curious how people who follow one of the most powerful organizations in the world can say they are persecuted?

I have my own understanding and beliefs, based on my studies. If you can say the same I respect you and your beliefs, even if they may differ from mine.

02 CCSB, Bumpers from Texas, tranny from Arkansas, tunes from Colorado, and a few other little things...
displacedtexan is offline  
 
post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:34 AM
<-- it's like that
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 6,567
Re: Question for Christians

Read verse 1, it puts it all in context.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
Pocket is offline  
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 AM
Rollin' In My 6 4
 
KRSD11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 482
Re: Question for Christians

everyone is persecuted by everyday imperfections of the world related to the sins of the world...I think that passage is referring to: everyone will have to go through these ventures, and how you get through them is what separates mentally(use separates loosely, I'm using separates as how believers get through these obstacles rather than those who don't believe; not using separates as a social status,etc) us as individuals(followers)...this can separate people by knowing they can get through the sins of the world by knowing they're is greater power(God) and knowing he will prevail within you with faith. Believing guides followers to not worry and find the greater path and follow.

I'm not a preacher and by no means trying to preach, so my words aren't presented at best, but I think you can get the gist of what I'm trying to say...hope this helps.

-Adam
2008 6.4L PSD CC SB 3.73
H&S Mini Maxx(KEM tuned), S&B, CS IC pipe, 4'' DP, 5'' straight piped, OUO Traction Bars, Westin bull guard, KC lights, Readylift, 35x12.50s, Retro HIDs, Kenwood DNX-7160 SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2011 6.7L PSD KR CC 3.55 SOLD
KRSD11 is offline  
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 96
Re: Question for Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Read verse 1, it puts it all in context.
I did, and know how I understand it. I was trying to not steer the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSD11 View Post
everyone is persecuted by everyday imperfections of the world related to the sins of the world...I think that passage is referring to: everyone will have to go through these ventures, and how you get through them is what separates mentally(use separates loosely, I'm using separates as how believers get through these obstacles rather than those who don't believe; not using separates as a social status,etc) us as individuals(followers)...this can separate people by knowing they can get through the sins of the world by knowing they're is greater power(God) and knowing he will prevail within you with faith. Believing guides followers to not worry and find the greater path and follow.

I'm not a preacher and by no means trying to preach, so my words aren't presented at best, but I think you can get the gist of what I'm trying to say...hope this helps.
That's just about how I understand/believe. Just curious what others saw in t.

02 CCSB, Bumpers from Texas, tranny from Arkansas, tunes from Colorado, and a few other little things...
displacedtexan is offline  
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 02:08 AM
utah get me two
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: anahein ca
Posts: 1,935
Re: Question for Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
“Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” (2 Timothy 3:12)

How do you reconcile that with the fact that Christendom as a whole is well respected and the vast majority of it's adherents have no real opposition to their worshiping as they please?


Just a thought I had reading the Catholic or Christian thread...
first of all christians and catholics,,sooo not the same thing

secondly they are being persecuted,
well just look at the peace loveing muslims in iran,
they been blowing up churches and killing people in the name of allah.

also you can see right here in the threads i start
im named a homophobe,bigot,racest,womanizer and the like
just for saying what the bible already says.

it's the world and it's right here at your door
wanna see it closer ??

start a thread right here in this section
stateing a godly statute from the bible,and in 5 minites there will be at least 3 people argueing with you saying
that you do not understand the bible,
and that jesus was tolerant and accepting.
and they will never agree that god has rules and that ,if your his, you will follow them.

want to experence comflict ??? stand up for what is right..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..
glamis_dave is offline  
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 02:14 AM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: Question for Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamis_dave View Post
also you can see right here in the threads i start
im named a homophobe,bigot,racest,womanizer and the like
just for saying what the bible already says.
That's not true.

No one is saying you're a "womanizer."

"Sexist".......yes.

"Womanizer".........no.





.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 02:18 AM
utah get me two
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: anahein ca
Posts: 1,935
Re: Question for Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
That's not true.

No one is saying you're a "womanizer."

"Sexist".......yes.

"Womanizer".........no.





.
couldnt resist could you,ok ole man,you got me there :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..
glamis_dave is offline  
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 05:28 AM
All done now
 
Arisley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 22,486
Re: Question for Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamis_dave View Post
first of all christians and catholics,,sooo not the same thing

secondly they are being persecuted,
well just look at the peace loveing muslims in iran,
they been blowing up churches and killing people in the name of allah.

also you can see right here in the threads i start
im named a homophobe,bigot,racest,womanizer and the like
just for saying what the bible already says.

it's the world and it's right here at your door
wanna see it closer ??

start a thread right here in this section
stateing a godly statute from the bible,and in 5 minites there will be at least 3 people argueing with you saying
that you do not understand the bible,
and that jesus was tolerant and accepting.
and they will never agree that god has rules and that ,if your his, you will follow them.

want to experence comflict ??? stand up for what is right..
It also aint' the peace loving Muslims that are blowing things up.

On a side note, I wonder what kind of life insurance policy you can get if you put down "suicide bomber" as your profession.

Sir, how much experiance do you have in this prefession.

Twenty missions? Sir, how successful do you feel you are in your profession?




Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
Arisley is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome