The "Death Panels" are back - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
--------

The "Death Panels" are back

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/us...pagewanted=all

Since they couldn't pass it with legislation in Obamacare, they achieved it through regulations written by Medicare. Then they tried to hide it....again.

From an email by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D) of Oregon:
"While we are very happy with the result, we wonít be shouting it from the rooftops because we arenít out of the woods yet. This regulation could be modified or reversed, especially if Republican leaders try to use this small provision to perpetuate the Ďdeath panelí myth. We would ask that you not broadcast this accomplishment out to any of your lists, even if they are Ďsupportersí ó e-mails can too easily be forwarded. Thus far, it seems that no press or blogs have discovered it, but we will be keeping a close watch and may be calling on you if we need a rapid, targeted response. The longer this goes unnoticed, the better our chances of keeping it

2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood SCT, 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

Quote:
Spelling is a lossed art.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Always be sincere...even if you don't mean it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 07:34 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: The "Death Panels" are back

Should be fired from public service...

Pocket... Care to fill us in...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 PM
One of a kind

I hate polititions. It seems like people who cant make an honest liveing become them.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Gandy Dancer

Only the really naive believes this is anything close to a "death panel."

Quote:
The new rule says Medicare will cover “voluntary advance care planning,” to discuss end-of-life treatment, as part of the annual visit.

Under the rule, doctors can provide information to patients on how to prepare an “advance directive,” stating how aggressively they wish to be treated if they are so sick that they cannot make health care decisions for themselves.
No doctor is going to steer people toward life ending measures.....just to save a few bucks.

I think it is an excellent idea that people can seek advice as to living wills and end-of-life directives, so that their loved ones don't have to guess.

Since it's voluntary, what's the big deal?

I personally can't imagine living out my last days under extreme pain, total lack of cognizance and suffering.

That's not how I want my loved ones to remember me.

Although it makes a great soundbite (and obviously a lot of people are really gullible), people really have to stop listening to idiots like Palin.........who spread these type of lies.

Lifetime maximums and pre-existing conditions from health insurers..........have killed more people than this ever would.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #5 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Should be fired from public service...
Um, that is one of "our" representatives Joe...although I am fairly certain neither one of us voted for the d-bag.

On face value, that email quote seems fishy and maybe altered or forged altogether. If it's true I volunteer to help build the gallows because of the intentional deceptions. Someone needs to weld the backdoor shut.

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
post #6 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Junior Mint

This is a common sense law. People deserve counseling and dignity as they are approaching death. It just allows a trained medical professional to explain the ins and outs of your dying days. It's the mature thing to do and it allows some of us to make a decision while we still can about how we would like to be handled during our dying days. Some of us don't want to be attached to machines indefinitely at great financial and emotional expense for the .00000001% chance that we will pull out of it only half retarded.

I don't understand why the Conservatives that are the most religious are so freaking scared of dying.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #7 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

The Online Office of Congressman Earl Blumenauer

Here is his web page, figures his district is where it is...

I sent an email to his office about this. Not that it will help.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:15 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Only the really naive believes this is anything close to a "death panel."

No doctor is going to steer people toward life ending measures.....just to save a few bucks.

I think it is an excellent idea that people can seek advice as to living wills and end-of-life directives, so that their loved ones don't have to guess.

Since it's voluntary, what's the big deal?

I personally can't imagine living out my last days under extreme pain, total lack of cognizance and suffering.

That's not how I want my loved ones to remember me.

Although it makes a great soundbite (and obviously a lot of people are really gullible), people really have to stop listening to idiots like Palin.........who spread these type of lies.

Lifetime maximums and pre-existing conditions from health insurers..........have killed more people than this ever would.

Everything is free to you... It has to be, the way you have no respect for money... You must have a money tree and not care...

Joe
post #9 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehunter View Post
Um, that is one of "our" representatives Joe...although I am fairly certain neither one of us voted for the d-bag.

On face value, that email quote seems fishy and maybe altered or forged altogether. If it's true I volunteer to help build the gallows because of the intentional deceptions. Someone needs to weld the backdoor shut.
Could be. The New York Times didn't give their source for the email. But Rep. Blumenauer wrote the original end-of-life proposal. I think that's interesting....at least.

2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood SCT, 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

Quote:
Spelling is a lossed art.
Quote:
Always be sincere...even if you don't mean it.
post #10 of 190 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Everything is free to you... It has to be, the way you have no respect for money... You must have a money tree and not care...
How much money do you think a sit down with a counselor is going to cost?

It's not the money that's being whined about (not really anyway), as there are way too many other things....like wars....that go un-criticized by the right.

As far as myself and money, I would happily be for giving up a few million tax dollars from subsidies to big business......... to pay for this.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode