Something to think about, why celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in Christ??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Something to think about, why celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in Christ???

Now we come to the Christmas season to spend time with family exchange gifts and cheer, so what is Christmas?

In todays society we say happy holidays afraid to offend others, yet many will exchange gifts with no love for the reason of Christmas. Why??

If you don't believe in Christ, and want to make him something less then what he is, why in all sense would you celebrate his birth since you don't know him???

Christmas has become something that is far from the meaning of what it is. It has gone from a celebration of God coming to Earth as a man to make the sacrifice that only God can accomplish as the perfect man to a Santa Clause day.
Christmas has gift giving in rememberance of the gift that Jesus brought us in dying so we may have eternal life in him. It is a reminder of the wise men who came with gifts for the King, and that whoever does for the least of Gods children does so unto him, so in that we are giving gifts to Christ just as they did on his birthday.

Yet we have shows brainwashing children that there is no Christmas without Santa Claus, and that it actually has something to do with this chubby version of a character from Norse mythology who is given aspects of God.

Why would anyone who doesn't believe celebrate the holiday celebrating God coming to Earth to save mankind when this same person spits on the gift given every chance they get, and look at those who are his children as superstitious fools??

This all is just sort of goofy in my book, and it makes no sense to me at all.

I say Merry Christmas to you, and if you don't like it, my prayers go out for you in all the love that Christ fills me with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Science rulz

Send a message via AIM to Coltaine
Re: Something to think about, why celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in Christ?

To me it's always been a tradition, nothing else.

Besides, the winter solstice has been celebrated with merrymaking and gift giving long before Christianity rounded it up and integrated it.

One of them truckless bastards.
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.
Re: Something to think about, why celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in Christ?

Ol Blue, yep, know just what you're saying. I too think like yourself. It's not fashionable to think of others any longer. It all comes back to the world revolving around the "me". As an example, listen to how people speak, it's not you and I, it's ME and you.It's getting something for free, may be.
I just can't take part in conversations like this without getting a bit upset, so forgive me if I don't reply further. Just know that I share the same feelings.
Oh, and Merry CHRISTmas to ya!!!!

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 02:21 PM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
To me it's always been a tradition, nothing else.

Besides, the winter solstice has been celebrated with merrymaking and gift giving long before Christianity rounded it up and integrated it.

Christmas is an old tradition that Christians decided to use to celebrate the birth of Christ. They even changed the birthday. Jesus was not born in the middle of winter, Jesus was born in the spring.

However, I am still kinda right there with you Blue.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 02:52 PM
<-- it's like that

I don't see why "Christians" get offended at the idea of saying Happy Holidays. Some people say it simply to imply Christmas and New Years, rather than to be politically correct only. That's what I do. Sometimes I say Merry Christmas, and other times I say Happy Holidays. Simply to imply both holidays that happen to be one week apart.

Of course, what's hypocritical is that some self-proclaimed "Christians" want to say Merry Christmas or have others say it without anyone being offended. Hmmmm, they get offended at Happy Holidays, but don't want anyone to be offended by Merry Christmas. I don't get it.

So what if someone says Happy Hanukkah?

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 02:52 PM
PSN Veteran

I would have to agree its just more of a American Tradition now days. I mean really how serious can a devout Christian celebrate the holiday when its not the real birthday?

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Beans Diesel Performance
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Gandy Dancer

Christmas long ago, turned into a "Marketing Season."

Many people who are not religious, celebrate it for a number of reasons.

It is not solely for those who are religious.

The original celebrations were to denote the winter solstice, the doldrums of winter (crops in) and lasted for a week.

Religion decided they would jump on the bandwagon and since there was already a party happening, pretend that Christ was born during this period.

I wish both the religious and non-religious, a Merry Christmas AND a Happy Holiday.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
So what if someone says Happy Hanukkah?
I think it means there's no reason to get up early on the 25th........ and look under the tree.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 PM
<-- it's like that

I should have also mentioned that sometimes I say "Happy ThanksEastMasWeen Day", just to cover all my major holidays at once.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 03:03 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I should have also mentioned that sometimes I say "Happy ThanksEastMasWeen Day", just to cover all my major holidays at once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode