OneHungry Planet? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

OneHungry Planet?

I was at conferences all week so far. But this was what they showed us yesterday, and I thought I would share it with all of you. BASF is a very good chemical company. We have to meet the next generation of demand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 12:02 AM
My other twin turbo...

Re: OneHungry Planet?

Very cool! The statistics are amazing.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I just saw this video yesterday at the conference. What makes me feel good, is that what most of what I have said they have reinforced what I have said. Mine has all been thru experience. I was wrong on one of my initial comments earlier that one farmer produces enough to feed 146 people, it has now raised to 155. It wasn't long that that was correct. You should check out monsantos video also.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 12:59 AM
My other twin turbo...

I always thought many aspects of being a farmer were attractive for me. Being steward of a good piece of land, operating all kinds of cool tractors and attachments, learning constantly about strategies ect. But I don't think I could handle the multitude of events that could make everything go down the drain that you guys face. It must be pretty good when everything works like a plan and you cash in in the fall. How is life in the non growing season, if you have that by you?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Super Hauler!

most like us farm right up to december (cutting corn and baling corn stalk) then winter months come and we push cattle and sell off yearlings and steers. There isnt much money in farming/ranching anymore until you get everything paid off which stuff brakes and you have to bite the bullet and your in the hole again. Seems like its a never ending circle.

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Good Video. The numbers were kinda known to me from the facts that alot of my family farms and parts of my family work for places like ADM. People forget so easily how it wasn't for farmers, truckers, and builders, they wouldn't have the lifestyles they have. Take the blue collar people out of the picture and you have a bunch of people that have no food, no heat, no roof over their heads.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleventhtruck View Post
I always thought many aspects of being a farmer were attractive for me. Being steward of a good piece of land, operating all kinds of cool tractors and attachments, learning constantly about strategies ect. But I don't think I could handle the multitude of events that could make everything go down the drain that you guys face. It must be pretty good when everything works like a plan and you cash in in the fall. How is life in the non growing season, if you have that by you?
Still busy. Most fix equipment, revamp the equipment they have to make it better, more efficient, or user friendly. If you are potato grower, you have them in storage all winter long, and they are selling them all winter through out the states or abroad. There is never a dull moment on any farm.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Smart A$$

I think it is kind of funny that the potatoes grown right down the road from my house are sent to Idaho and then labeled as "Idaho Potatoes" and then shipped right back to the supermarkets' distro centers here...

'97 F-350 CC 5-spd, Pyro, fuel and boost gauges, Banks intercooler, H2E turbo, Adrenaline HPOP, huge clutch, custom ADII regulated fuel system. Should be about 500 hp at the rear, don't know about torque. THIS IS MY BATTLE TANK- Project in Process

4XMayhem.com
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_MountainMan View Post
I think it is kind of funny that the potatoes grown right down the road from my house are sent to Idaho and then labeled as "Idaho Potatoes" and then shipped right back to the supermarkets' distro centers here...
I would check into that? I can find out for you if you want. I am on the WPVGA associate division board. We make many decision planning, scheduling, problem solving for Wisconsin's potato and vegetable producers. I am also on the Committee Liason Marketing board for potatoes here in WI. I will ask around and get back to you.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Smart A$$

That was a statement and not a question. I just find it funny that Idaho potatoes aren't always grown in Idaho. Apparently it is a brand name-

'97 F-350 CC 5-spd, Pyro, fuel and boost gauges, Banks intercooler, H2E turbo, Adrenaline HPOP, huge clutch, custom ADII regulated fuel system. Should be about 500 hp at the rear, don't know about torque. THIS IS MY BATTLE TANK- Project in Process

4XMayhem.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode