'clash of cultures' - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

'clash of cultures'

Islamists in Europe: A 'clash of cultures' looms - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

His message is one that echoes across Europe, which experts say is home to thousands of people who would wholeheartedly support Choudary's "ultimate objective" — the "domination of the world by Islam."

There is this disclaimer.....

The majority of Muslims are not Islamists, who believe in a society based on Islamic law, and not all of the latter are seeking world domination or are willing to use violence.

But fear of another Islamist-inspired atrocity after Madrid in 2004 — 191 dead — and London in 2005 — 53 dead — remains high.

Suicide bombers targeting London's public transit system killed 53 people on July 7, 2005. Four men detonated devices hidden in knapsacks aboard three subway trains and a double-decker bus, seen here. Rightly so, according to Dr. John J. Le Beau, a former CIA officer and now professor of strategy and security studies at Germany's George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies.

"It's a mathematical certainty there will be a successful attack in Europe at some point," he told msnbc.com. "The amount of attempted plots we see is not decreasing. I think what we have seen is a ... strengthening of attempted attacks that in some cases have come pretty close."

A backlash is growing. Support for the far-right in normally liberal countries like Sweden and the Netherlands is on the rise. French lawmakers voted for a ban on full face veils. Protest groups, such as the English Defense League which has been linked to soccer hooligans, have made headlines.

More world news Islamists in Europe: A 'clash of cultures' looms
Experts estimate that there are 5,000 to 10,000 Islamists across Europe willing to engage in violence in support of Shariah law. Msnbc.com's Ian Johnston reports.

..Le Beau warned of "an incipient clash of cultures." The consequences of another terrorist spectacular — intelligence reports recently warned an al-Qaida-linked group was planning to hit Western Europe with a commando-style raid like that on Mumbai, India — could be profound, he suggested.

"I could see that leading to a spontaneous violent reaction on the part of others. Could this spin out of control? Sure," he said. "I think that would be very dangerous because ... it runs the risk of sectarianizing or 'Balkanizing' Western Europe."

So they have that to look forward to.....

I have a philosophy? Who knew. Ok, where's the beer?

In lockstep to the end of the world....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 F-250/CC/SB/4"SS Magnaflow/Evolution2/HPX/Pre pump mod/Harpoon/65psi fuel shim/FTVB/Zoodad mod/2008 Diff Cover/V-10 transmission cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Junior Mint

Re: 'clash of cultures'

I think that it's only common sense that the mixing of two completely different cultures is a bad idea. Americans and most Europeans come from what is commonly called "Western Civilization" and all of our basic ideas about Freedom and Democracy have been passed down to us from the Roman Empire of 4K years ago.

The Middle East Nations come from "Eastern Civilization" and their ideas on Democracy, Freedom, etc... stem from their shared history.

It might sound Xenophobic but for the most part I don't think immigration should be allowed from nations that we are so culturally different from.

Their is the "ideal" and then there is "reality". We have to strive to be ideal (fair, accepting, open) while dealing w/ our reality. The solution is somewhere in between.

Thru a mutual friend I ended up having a coffee w/ a Turkish Muslim woman last week. Turkey is very secular and she is not really into religion but she was raised Islamic but certainly not fundamentalist as few are in Turkey. She was cool. We are friends now. She had a few tats. Best real tits I think I've ever seen and what she was wearing really showed them off. Actually her entire body was just sick. Just had to add that in.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 12:32 PM
PSN Local

They way i look at it you move to another country you should adjust to their customs and beliefs not make them adjust to yours.If you don't like that go back where you came from.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 07:27 AM
utah get me two

sheet i cant say any of the things you all just said..
or im labeled an islamphobe and a bigot
nice to see the double standard

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode