WikiLeaks? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
 
imelmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 13,955
WikiLeaks?

So what's everybody's take on this? I just read an article about it and had been wondering why the "sexual assault/rape" charge info always seemed so vague. Turns out this big man-hunt for these sex crimes was over the use of a condom during consensual sex.

I have to say, that sounds pretty fishy. No doubt he's got some high up people squirming in their seats. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I also have to wonder why everyone seems to be threatening but no one has actually filed any charges related to how he gets his information.

I haven't looked into it a whole lot yet, just curious what your thoughts are.

.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
imelmo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Moderator
 
PsRumors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cartersville, GA
Posts: 4,042
Re: WikiLeaks?

I wont be surprised if he has a major "accident"

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
PsRumors is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Banning Smut
 
PTSUPERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 19,093
Re: WikiLeaks?

Obama administration is impotent? They could have dealt with this guy months ago....





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PTSUPERD is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I know nothing...
 
joedaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gridley Ks.
Posts: 6,115
Re: WikiLeaks?

He's a scumbag and they're trying anything to get him, the left wing media openly loves him, while the right wing media hates him while loving the boost in ratings.

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...
joedaddy is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: WikiLeaks?

While I believe in openness and honesty in our government (like that's ever going to really happen ), some things should not be for public consumption.

Those things that can harm our national interests, or put our assets in harms way....fall under the category of "States Secrets."

While I agree that our government keeps too many secrets and lies to us (the Pentagon Papers as an example), I don't see a single thing in what was leaked.......that the public really needed to know.

The problem with every interaction of diplomacy being made public, is that it no longer makes sense to be diplomatic.

Without diplomacy (and the inherit secrecy), countries are no longer willing to take a moderate stance.

Everything turns into posturing, like Iran and North Korea are so expert at....and the opportunity to save face and back down in private are gone.

Recognizing of course, that there is a fine line between keeping sensitive communiques secret....and taking advantage of the populace with that same secrecy.

I don't really know what the answer is and I think it depends on the situation.

But if we take away the ability for our government to talk to other governments in confidence, we've done ourselves and the entire world........... a disfavor.

Bottom line is, although I think the rape charges are made up........ I think Assange and the soldier should be prosecuted.


.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
All done now
 
Arisley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 22,486
Re: WikiLeaks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
I wont be surprised if he has a major "accident"
On his way back to the states (In an old F4 Fighter), the pilots ejection seat malfunctions and ejects the pilot. The passenger (being in handcuffs at the time), was unable to successfully make a water landing. Oops.




Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
Arisley is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Lovin Life...
 
02BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 2,900
Re: WikiLeaks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
While I believe in openness and honesty in our government (like that's ever going to really happen ), some things should not be for public consumption.

Those things that can harm our national interests, or put our assets in harms way....fall under the category of "States Secrets."

While I agree that our government keeps too many secrets and lies to us (the Pentagon Papers as an example), I don't see a single thing in what was leaked.......that the public really needed to know.

The problem with every interaction of diplomacy being made public, is that it no longer makes sense to be diplomatic.

Without diplomacy (and the inherit secrecy), countries are no longer willing to take a moderate stance.

Everything turns into posturing, like Iran and North Korea are so expert at....and the opportunity to save face and back down in private are gone.

Recognizing of course, that there is a fine line between keeping sensitive communiques secret....and taking advantage of the populace with that same secrecy.

I don't really know what the answer is and I think it depends on the situation.

But if we take away the ability for our government to talk to other governments in confidence, we've done ourselves and the entire world........... a disfavor.

Bottom line is, although I think the rape charges are made up........ I think Assange and the soldier should be prosecuted.


.
I agree 1000%

Why the heck do you think so clearly on some things, and so in left field on other

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
02BigD is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: WikiLeaks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BigD View Post
Why the heck do you think so clearly on some things, and so in left field on other.
Gee, I was about to ask you the same thing.


.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
 
CSIPSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 12,083
Re: WikiLeaks?

That bunker in switzerland needs to have a visit from some Army Rangers, a small High Intensity fire and walk away.

What ever info he has as his kill switch can get out, and we will be done with him.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
CSIPSD is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: WikiLeaks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
That bunker in switzerland needs to have a visit from some Army Rangers, a small High Intensity fire and walk away.

What ever info he has as his kill switch can get out, and we will be done with him.
At this point, Wikileaks is more than just Julian Asange.

It is a network of paid employees and volunteers, that will continue to leak anything they are given.

He says that should anything happen to him, he has circulated across the internet an encrypted “poison pill” cache of uncensored documents suspected to include files on BP and Guantanamo Bay.

I certainly wouldn't let this stand in the way of prosecuting him, but it does give pause as to what other secrets he has in his possession.

The answer of course is to tighten our own security, so that no one can get to classified documents like this again.

It was said when Obama came in, his IT people were aghast at the antiquated computer systems in the White House.

The question remains, what other systems are way out of date and need to be secured?

The really big question in my mind is, were the leaks really the result of a soldier in Iraq hacking in.........or have we been compromised by another foreign nation?

That should scare everyone.

.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome