Unemployment going to 10% +? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Unemployment going to 10% +?

November jobs report weaker than expected - Business - Eye on the Economy - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The U.S. economy added just 39,000 jobs last month, missing analyst expectations, as the nation’s unemployment rate ticked up to 9.8 percent, new data from the Labor Department showed Friday.
Quote:
Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, said he expects the nation’s unemployment rate to soon move above 10 percent.

“If it’s not in December, it’s early next year, but I don’t see how we’re not going to get into double digits,” he told CNBC Friday.

The economy would need to consistently add 200,000 to 300,000 a month to make a noticeable dent in the unemployment rate, analysts say. It could take until near the end of this decade to drop the unemployment rate to a more normal 6 percent, they say.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Unemployment going to 10% +?

It'll go up, but not for December. Look to January or February's numbers to reach 10%+, after all the holiday seasonal workers are laid off.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:32 PM
One of a kind

Is this counting the lazy people who have never had a job? Or just the ones that got laid off?

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 PM
My other twin turbo...

Probably a lot of people that got flushed out of their jobs, collected 99 weeks of unemployment, got new jobs and FAILED after a few months.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 12:18 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

If your not activlly looking for work, then its not counting you...

I would give a guess we are well over 14% total.

And the Pres decided it would be a good idea to fly to Afganistan for a few hours, bet he just "had to get away"...

Keep saving money people.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 01:06 AM
R.I.P. DAD

Hell the real number is higher than that, they dont count the people who no longer qualify for unemployment and gave up looking.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 01:54 AM
My other twin turbo...

I wish I knew if you counted the numbers in our society, what the real percentage of the population was that actually worked and paid taxes. Rule out all the retirees, children, prisoners and "disabled". I bet it is about 40% of the people or less paying for everything.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 01:58 AM
R.I.P. DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleventhtruck View Post
I wish I knew if you counted the numbers in our society, what the real percentage of the population was that actually worked and paid taxes. Rule out all the retirees, children, prisoners and "disabled". I bet it is about 40% of the people or less paying for everything.
Its closer to 50-51%, still a sad number.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

This is what I can't understand. I have a full time job, and a very good one in my book. Yet I relief milk for three Dairy farms, one I work 3-4 milkings per week, I help yet another farm harvest, and custom plant in the spring, farm on the side, drive Semi for another guy and still looking for more to do. For the guys I work for we get into these discussions often, wondering why the hell we have these problems. These guys I work for say they can't find the help, but there are people out there looking for work? Baffling? The real problem is they say they wanna work, but really don't. A job is a job. If it pays the bills and puts food on the table, roof over your head, then do what you have to for the time being and tough thru it. It may be not what you like, but it sure beats the alternative. George Bush had one thing absolutely right when he said it - 'The hispanics do what most of us don't like doing.' I know it isn't exactly stated that way, but you get the jist. When I was young, dumb and full of cumb, I did that crap every summer, pick weeds, pick rocks, pull sweet corn, etc. What else were we going to do? I never just went up town to the mall and wasted all afternoon doing nothing! Anytime we had free time, all of us kids got together and got either a football game together or baseball game together. We were active period! That mentalitiy still carries with me, and I won't let it die with me or with my children. We all have to do chit we don't like to do. Work thru it and better yourself. I think and I know more lessons should be taken from family farms.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Don't judge me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
This is what I can't understand. I have a full time job, and a very good one in my book. Yet I relief milk for three Dairy farms, one I work 3-4 milkings per week, I help yet another farm harvest, and custom plant in the spring, farm on the side, drive Semi for another guy and still looking for more to do. For the guys I work for we get into these discussions often, wondering why the hell we have these problems. These guys I work for say they can't find the help, but there are people out there looking for work? Baffling? The real problem is they say they wanna work, but really don't. A job is a job. If it pays the bills and puts food on the table, roof over your head, then do what you have to for the time being and tough thru it. It may be not what you like, but it sure beats the alternative. George Bush had one thing absolutely right when he said it - 'The hispanics do what most of us don't like doing.' I know it isn't exactly stated that way, but you get the jist. When I was young, dumb and full of cumb, I did that crap every summer, pick weeds, pick rocks, pull sweet corn, etc. What else were we going to do? I never just went up town to the mall and wasted all afternoon doing nothing! Anytime we had free time, all of us kids got together and got either a football game together or baseball game together. We were active period! That mentalitiy still carries with me, and I won't let it die with me or with my children. We all have to do chit we don't like to do. Work thru it and better yourself. I think and I know more lessons should be taken from family farms.
you just said what the problem is. people want a job, they don't want to work. this everyone is a winner crap has got to stop. i don't care that you dream of being a doctor, if you ain't got the brains for it you might not make it.

people need to realize if they want money, they need to suck up some pride and put forth a little effort with their back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode