Rangel.....what a waste of time - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Rangel.....what a waste of time

House censures Rep. Rangel for misconduct - Politics - Capitol Hill - msnbc.com

Quote:
Veteran Rep. Charles Rangel, the raspy-voiced, backslapping former chairman of one of Congress' most powerful committees, was censured by his House colleagues for financial misconduct Thursday in a solemn moment of humiliation in the sunset of his career.
Quote:
Then, in response, he admitted he had made mistakes, including his failure to pay all his taxes, filing misleading financial statements and improperly seeking money from corporate interests for a college center bearing his name.
Quote:
It was only the 23rd time in the nation's history that a House member received the most severe punishment short of expulsion. Besides the embarrassment, censure carries no practical effect and ends the more than two-year ordeal for the congressman who was re-elected to a 21st term last month with more than 80 percent of the vote.

Relief and defiance took over the moment Rangel finished speaking. Somber, Pelosi quietly slipped out of the chamber, but some Democrats gave him a standing ovation. Rangel made it only a third of the way up the aisle when a phalanx of well-wishers stopped and hugged him; he responded by saying something that made them laugh. He was smiling for the rest of the 10 minutes or so that it took to get through his colleagues to exit the chamber, his humiliation past.
So what was the point? Had I broken as many rules at my job I'd been fired.....

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Lovin Life...

Re: Rangel.....what a waste of time

Rumors, it is absurd that he was re elected.

How can we control these politicians, if their constituents won't hold them accountable? The guy should be in jail.

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BigD View Post
Rumors, it is absurd that he was re elected.

How can we control these politicians, if their constituents won't hold them accountable? The guy should be in jail.
Agreed.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:33 PM
<-- it's like that

And what Rangel wanted instead of censure was a reprimand in the form of a private letter sent to him.

I only hope that being censured ensures that people in his district finally get the hint that he should not be re-elected.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 06:27 PM
hvac man

I bet Wesley Snipes must have turned down the censure option when he was busted for tax evasion....................what a damn idiot!

Bruce
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm1962 View Post
I bet Wesley Snipes must have turned down the censure option when he was busted for tax evasion....................what a damn idiot!
Different rules for the peasants as compared to the rulers

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 02:02 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Well... sigh...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 03:18 PM
All Talk, No Walk?

Send a message via AIM to RSieck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Different rules for the peasants as compared to the rulers
Ain't that the truth... How do we change that??

Early 99 PSD 4x4, Goerend Billet Tranny & Converter, GREEN

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
Ain't that the truth... How do we change that??
If you have read your history books, I think you may find the answer. It gets ugly before it gets any better. Usually ends up in conflict (war/battle/uprising). Just read some of the the news today:

Examiner Editorial: Defying the will of the people, Obama governs by regulation | Washington Examiner

I just read earlier this afternoon that the pentagon is stepping up efforts against possible revolts within the U.S. I can't find it to save my arse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode