The TSA will teach you your place - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

The TSA will teach you your place

Mother Kept In For Almost An Hour By TSA For Resisting Over Breast Milk

Quote:
After being told that her breast milk might have to be put through an x-ray scanner, Ms Armato attempted to show the TSA agents a print out of their own guidelines allowing non x-ray screening for breast milk. This act of serious disobedience resulted in the agent pushing Ms Armato into a glass cage, telling her “to be quiet if you know what’s good for you”, while calling for “back up”.

“Standing 50 ft away are the same manager and supervisor I had dealt with the previous week.” Ms Armato writes in her description of events, referring to a previous 30 minute delay at the security gate for the exact same reason.

After being shut in the box for some 20 minutes, in full public view of other passengers, Ms Armato began to cry and remonstrate with TSA agents. She was then approached by a police officer who told her that she had been singled out by TSA agents who recognized her because she had filed a complaint against them regarding the handling of her breast milk the previous week.

Ms Armato writes:

About 10 minutes into all this, a Phoenix PD comes to calm me down. I explain to him that there is no reason I should be treated this way and I have every right to be upset.

He then says “they” (aka TSA) saw me coming, have it out for me (from my complaint against TSA the week before when they didn’t know the breast milk rules then either), and I should travel out of a different gate in future weeks.

He said TSA wants me to play along with their horse and pony show and if I don’t then TSA can have the Phoenix PD arrest me! Well, I wanted to get home to my baby and my flight was 30 minutes from departure so I ‘played along.’ Three Phoenix PD watched in the background…I could tell they all knew this was a waste of their time but I was happy to have them standing by in case TSA continued to act out of line.

Eventually Ms Armato was released from the box, and subjected to a full groping from another TSA agent.

A TSA manager then approached her and told her that the milk had to go through the x-ray scanner because the containers it was in were “too full” and it was “not a clear liquid”. These are both made up rules that are not mentioned anywhere in TSA guidelines, proving that even the TSA manager had no regard for the official laws in this instance.

The guidelines allow “Mothers flying with, and now without, their child be permitted to bring breast milk in quantities greater than three ounces as long as it is declared for inspection at the security checkpoint.”

According to TSA rules breast milk is to be treated as a medical liquid, which should not be subjected to x-ray radiation

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: The TSA will teach you your place

The terms, "power trip" and "small man syndrome" come to mind. Pizzes me off. Won't even follow there own rules, phukers.

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Hate 'R Us

It's not gonna be too long before people start dusting of TSA workers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:22 AM
PSN Local

Just wait. Soon there will be TSA agents in bus terminals, train stations and other places. The government will only stop when you submit to it. IMO they are acting like the gestapo arm of the current administration. How can people not see what is really going on? They want total control.

'99 F-350 SRW/6" lift/ 315.75.16 BFG/ 4" DP to 5" stacks/ 6 pos TW chip/ HX Hose/ Tymar/ 5k lbs bags/ Adrenaline/ Isspro Guages
'05 Ford Fivehundred w/20's, tint, and ghetto sound system.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
<-- it's like that

Airport security is a joke.

And this is precisecly what happens when people are willing to give up freedom in the name of security.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Caption This

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:50 PM
One of a kind

Will it ever stop I hate to sound like a radical but if they pulled this #### with one of my family members they would get knocked the fuk out and I would go to jail. But this is why we drive every were we quit flying 3 years ago when they tried to detain my mom due to the fact that she had a toenail clippers and a file in her cary on bag.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Gandy Dancer

About 3 years ago I was behind a lady going through security, who had in her purse...........a box cutter.

Now how stupid do you have to be, to not understand why that's not a good idea going through airport security these days?

I have probably flown over 250 'legs' in the last 5 years.

Some TSA agents are decent........and some are on a power trip.

It isn't worth screwing with them however, as you will only lose.

It doesn't make it right.............is just is.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:13 PM
ARMY bound

My favorite person going through security had a ninja sword. When they took it from her she was crying and screaming that it was an antique and the person that sold it to her promised the airport would let it on the plane. She didn't want to ship it, she wanted to carry it on. This sword had like a 36" blade on it! I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
This We'll Defend

Send a message via Yahoo to texasmedic01

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD-BLACK-CLOUD View Post
Will it ever stop I hate to sound like a radical but if they pulled this #### with one of my family members they would get knocked the fuk out and I would go to jail. But this is why we drive every were we quit flying 3 years ago when they tried to detain my mom due to the fact that she had a toenail clippers and a file in her cary on bag.
OH JESUS!!! What was she THINKING trying to smuggle that dangerous contraband through the highly trained, consumate professionals of the TSA?

This is what happens when you allow welfare receipiants to complete a GED on the government's dime (to be read as "Taxpayer's money"), and then apply for a federal job. What's sad is they abuse what limited power they have just to prove they are bigger than you....but honestly they're not sh*t Its like they think they are robocop or something.

I'm done flying comerically unless it is a grave emerency. The level of BS that has taken place with the TSA and the Department of Homeland Security.

2010 RACE FOR THE WARRIORS co-founder

Thanks everyone for the support!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode